A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:25:14 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did your latest Cox Cable bill jump up quite a bit  (Read 12077 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 04:20:13 pm »

Mine stayed the same
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 09:36:41 am »

inteller, what was your old bill, now new bill? What services are you getting?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 11:15:18 am »

Inteller probably has premiums. I have everything but premiums, DVR, internet, phone and mine went down from $160 to $120 roughly (with taxes). Due to bundle pricing, dropping the phone lowers me $1.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 10:10:17 pm »

Am about to cancel service here, they have been messing up on the bill the last 3 months now. Then again maybe I just need to go in instead of talking to the people over the phone.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 08:48:44 am »

Well I finally canceled cable TV.

My bill was $81, I was going to cancel anyway but I figured eh.. might as well shoot for the moon and see if they'd accept $20 a month.  I called up Cox and was transferred to retention.  Ended up talking to some swanky gal you'd find at a bar.  She basically laughed at my proposal.  I think right off the cuff she was gonna offer me free box rental and like ~25% off.  It would have made my $81 bill ~$50.  I said no dice and ended up returning my equipment.

The nice thing is, I'm still getting Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, MLB, Discover, PBS, National Geographic, and Travel Channel, along with a few other random channels for free and most in High Def Smiley

I'm trying to find a list of these clear QAM channels right now, what's been offered in the past, is this 'service' going to remain and what not.
rwarn17588
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 08:58:34 am »

Well I finally canceled cable TV.
 [...]

The nice thing is, I'm still getting Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, MLB, Discover, PBS, National Geographic, and Travel Channel, along with a few other random channels for free and most in High Def Smiley

I think this is going to be happening a lot, especially in a poor economy. Cable has been creeping higher than inflation for years, and people are getting fed up.

These new digital TV signals over the airwaves may help regular broadcast channels regain market share.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 12:18:07 pm »

Cancelled my cable the other day, too. I haven't even missed it so far. I'd rather spend my money on something I'll enjoy more, like beer.

You can get so much on the Internet these days. The new MLB.TV is freaking awesome. Way better picture quality than trying to watch a standard-def game on Cox. Now if only the MLB would do something about their ridiculous blackout areas that say Tulsa has four home teams (Rangers, Cardinals, Royals, Astros).

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:21:28 pm »

WOW.. 4 team blackout.. That is nuts.  The Astro's?  I never see Astro's fans, but maybe they just don't wear the gear Cheesy.  Anyway, get rid of cable, almost everything shows up on Hulu.  Eventually cable will have to change their model to not make you pay $100 for channels you don't want.  I would rather pay $30 for less channels I do watch.  However I do see how that will make many channels go bankrupt and the selection will go down.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 12:22:01 pm »

I think this is going to be happening a lot, especially in a poor economy. Cable has been creeping higher than inflation for years, and people are getting fed up.

These new digital TV signals over the airwaves may help regular broadcast channels regain market share.

I can't get channel 8 AT ALL.  I don't even try any more.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 02:32:37 pm »

I can't get channel 8 AT ALL.  I don't even try any more.
Me neither. Everything but KTUL comes in fine. Hopefully the digital conversion means they'll start putting out a signal that reaches Tulsa.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 04:44:13 pm »

I have cox and all my channels show up ok except for continual problems with the BBC channel. Half the time it has the "temporarily offline check back later thing" quarter of the time its on, the other quarter of the time its flickering and stuttering. And its one of the main channels I have cable for, that and Sci-fi lol. Anyone else have problems with that channel?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 04:51:22 pm »

No, but I was having problems with another channel. I called them, and they did a remote reset of my box which fixed the issue.

I would recommend you call them.

---Robert
Steve
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 10:31:01 pm »

Me neither. Everything but KTUL comes in fine. Hopefully the digital conversion means they'll start putting out a signal that reaches Tulsa.

I have heard this comment from many people regarding Ch 8 reception.  I get 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3 crystal clear on my large den TV, and even in stormy/windy weather, Ch 8 is my best picture.  (and I use only indoor rabbit ears.)  But then, I can't get channel 8 at all on my bedroom TV, only about 40 feet away.  Go figure. 

The story I keep hearing is that Ch 8 is putting out their digital signal in low power, until the final conversion, to avoid signal interferrence with other channels.  Ch 8 digital signal is currently output over VHF channel 10, according to my converter boxes. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:43:15 pm by Steve » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 09:42:30 am »

I have cox and all my channels show up ok except for continual problems with the BBC channel. Half the time it has the "temporarily offline check back later thing" quarter of the time its on, the other quarter of the time its flickering and stuttering. And its one of the main channels I have cable for, that and Sci-fi lol. Anyone else have problems with that channel?

Maybe the BBC channel feed is provided by Lucas.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org