A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:27:52 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma House Votes to Throw Out Minor Offending Illegals  (Read 13873 times)
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 02:35:30 pm »

There's all sorts of ways to figure out whether widespread election fraud is happening. Significant deviations from exit polling are indicative, although not proof in and of themselves.

Exit polling results and polling place results conflicting with each can be a indicator that voters lied to the people asking who they voted for and not every person leaving the polling place is going to tell others how they voted. Besides they do not have exit pollers at every polling location.

Reports of folks turning up to vote after someone else has voted using their name would be another.

How many of the same voters who vote in presidential elections vote in other elections that do not occur on the same day as the presidential elections?

You gotta sign the book, so it's not as if people can just vote forty times in one election without anybody noticing.

Do they have signature experts thoroughly examine every sign in sheet? simple deviations in how one writes their letters can probably fool alot of people.  Besides if they find forty suspected fraudulent signatures do they for example take out twenty ballots for one candidate and twenty for another candidate?

No and yes. Lots of people still forget. And if you lose it or it's stolen from you and don't happen to have two other forms of ID on hand, I guess you're just out of luck, eh?

If I let my ID expire or its gets stolen and I fail to replace before election day then I should be SOL.People cash checks,use credit cards, buy booze,smokes, drive,use their ID to get into certain places and use their ID/licenses for many other used.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 03:04:12 pm »

Exit polling results and polling place results conflicting with each can be a indicator that voters lied to the people asking who they voted for and not every person leaving the polling place is going to tell others how they voted. Besides they do not have exit pollers at every polling location.
As I said, one component of fraud detection.

How many of the same voters who vote in presidential elections vote in other elections that do not occur on the same day as the presidential elections?
Huh?

Do they have signature experts thoroughly examine every sign in sheet? simple deviations in how one writes their letters can probably fool alot of people.  Besides if they find forty suspected fraudulent signatures do they for example take out twenty ballots for one candidate and twenty for another candidate?
When the results are contested, it has happened, although they don't throw out ballots, they hold another election for the position if the results can't be determined to a mathematical certainty.

If I let my ID expire or its gets stolen and I fail to replace before election day then I should be SOL.People cash checks,use credit cards, buy booze,smokes, drive,use their ID to get into certain places and use their ID/licenses for many other used.
You may be OK with being disenfranchised for a minor error on your part or the outright theft of my identification documents, but I'm not.

And FWIW, I can't remember the last time I was asked for ID to use my credit card. Visa and Mastercard have rules in their acceptance contracts forbidding that practice. Personally, I pull out my ID once every few months if even that. Generally only when I get stopped for speeding, although every once in a great while I'll get carded for beer or liquor.

Oklahoma already has strong protections in place to detect and correct election fraud without a need for showing ID at the polling place. When someone comes forth with evidence that there is a problem, I will support such a law. Until that happens, I think it's misguided at best and at worst an attempt to influence the results of elections by throwing up roadblocks in the way of those who are less inclined and/or able to vote. (when I say less able, I mean those who have greater difficulty, not those who are ineligible)

Speaking of which, IIRC, this bill would make it impossible for me to even use my passport as ID, since passports don't have addresses on them. That's yet another example of the stupidity of the law.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org