A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:18:19 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa's Tea Party...  (Read 18010 times)
USRufnex
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 09:30:52 am »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I think that is really stupid that this was called a tea party.

Samuel Adams would laugh in their faces.

What was destroyed? What was the economic impact? Oh wait, in today's society, a real tea party would be called "Terrorism."

Man, what a nation of wimps...

Hawkins-Proving once again what an idiot with a computer can do.

The Boston Tea Party was in protest of taxation without representation.        Hawkins is right..... this crap should be called the Tulsa Whine & Cheese Party......... back to you, Guido you ignorant slut...
Chicken Little
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 12:08:35 pm »

From playboy:

"Tea Party" not grassroots, but astroturf:

quote:
...What we discovered is that Santelli’s “rant” was not at all spontaneous as his alleged fans claim, but rather it was a carefully-planned trigger for the anti-Obama campaign. In PR terms, his February 19th call for a “Chicago Tea Party” was the launch event of a carefully organized and sophisticated PR campaign, one in which Santelli served as a frontman, using the CNBC airwaves for publicity, for the some of the craziest and sleaziest rightwing oligarch clans this country has ever produced. Namely, the Koch family, the multibilllionaire owners of the largest private corporation in America, and funders of scores of rightwing thinktanks and advocacy groups, from the Cato Institute and Reason Magazine to FreedomWorks. The scion of the Koch family, Fred Koch, was a co-founder of the notorious extremist-rightwing John Birch Society...

...At stake isn’t the little guy’s fight against big government, as Santelli and his bot-supporters claim, but rather the “upper 2 percent”’s war to protect their wealth from the Obama Adminstration’s economic plans. When this Santelli “grassroots” campaign is peeled open, what’s revealed is a glimpse of what is ahead and what is bound to be a hallmark of his presidency...

...Within hours of Santelli's rant, a website called ChicagoTeaParty.com sprang to life. Essentially inactive until that day, it now featured a YouTube video of Santelli’s “tea party” rant and billed itself as the official home of the Chicago Tea Party...

rwarn17588
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 01:06:11 pm »

If you're going to have a Teabag Party, get a room! Sheesh.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 01:34:35 pm »

Typical. The regular Obama spooners come out to discredit a protest because it was not violent enough. What do you want? Do you want them blowing up buildings like some fringe anti-abortion folks do? If that's the case, then where can I find your posts supporting Eric Robert Rudolf?

As I understand it, the "tea party" was supposed to be a symbolic gesture opposing a perceived oppressive government. I guess symbolism only works if your a democrat, kinda like Dooshnozzle John Conyer's mock impeachment hearings over the Iraq war or Cindy Sheehan camping out at Bush's home. Direct me to your posts accusing those folks of being wimps.

Here's news coverage of the event that I believe fairly examines what is going on.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=9920879

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hawkins
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 03:05:24 pm »

I'm not supporting Obama on this one.

I'm just saying, this did not involve the destruction of goods or services, and was a pale, pale comparison to the original Tea Party.

It shows just how docile society has become over the years.

MDepr2007
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 03:44:31 pm »

quote:

I'm just saying, this did not involve the destruction of goods or services, and was a pale, pale comparison to the original Tea Party.

Kinda like some expecting change and all there is is change back
MDepr2007
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 03:47:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

From playboy:

quote:
...What we discovered is that Santelli’s “rant” was not at all spontaneous as his alleged fans claim, but rather it was a carefully-planned trigger for the anti-Obama campaign. In PR terms, his February 19th call for a “Chicago Tea Party” was the launch event of a carefully organized and sophisticated PR campaign, one in which Santelli served as a frontman, using the CNBC airwaves for publicity, for the some of the craziest and sleaziest rightwing oligarch clans this country has ever produced. Namely, the Koch family, the multibilllionaire owners of the largest private corporation in America, and funders of scores of rightwing thinktanks and advocacy groups, from the Cato Institute and Reason Magazine to FreedomWorks. The scion of the Koch family, Fred Koch, was a co-founder of the notorious extremist-rightwing John Birch Society...

...At stake isn’t the little guy’s fight against big government, as Santelli and his bot-supporters claim, but rather the “upper 2 percent”’s war to protect their wealth from the Obama Adminstration’s economic plans. When this Santelli “grassroots” campaign is peeled open, what’s revealed is a glimpse of what is ahead and what is bound to be a hallmark of his presidency...

...Within hours of Santelli's rant, a website called ChicagoTeaParty.com sprang to life. Essentially inactive until that day, it now featured a YouTube video of Santelli’s “tea party” rant and billed itself as the official home of the Chicago Tea Party...

Pretty forward thinking to have purchased the domain as far back as last August
http://whois.domaintools.com/chicagoteaparty.com

We need more forward thinkers like that [Wink]
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 04:01:28 pm »

quote:

Following that logic, I guess a fair comparison to a tea party would be blowing up the Murrah building and abortion clinics. Who would have imagined that Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, Eric Rudolph, and William Ayers were not cowardly terrorists but rather modern day Samuel Adamses.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 04:21:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

From playboy:

quote:

The author of that article probably needs to visit this website:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Hawkins
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »

I've got a target idea for a real "Tea Party."

A complete boycott of AIG.

If the government wants to keep using our tax dollars to fund a company just because its "too big to fail," they can go to hell.

Companies sometimes fail. I don't care how big they are, IF this is truly a capitalist system, all companies must play by the same rules.

Let AIG go down in flames. Smaller insurance companies will pick up the pieces, and capitalism (and the American taxpayer) will, in the end, have won the day.

--
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 09:03:27 am »

quote:

A complete boycott of AIG.
--

With as many tentacles that company has you'll find it difficult to do.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 11:30:49 am »

There are "Tea parties" planned all over. Cincinatti has one planned for the river front.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:36 am »

Let AIG go down in flames. Smaller insurance companies will pick up the pieces, and capitalism (and the American taxpayer) will, in the end, have won the day.
I suppose if you want most banks in America to become technically insolvent, that would be a great plan.

Despite what you may have heard, there are few banks that are insolvent on the basis of performance on loans, cash flow, and long term viability as a going concern, but there are a lot that are struggling with capital ratios at the moment. If AIG were to fail, it would make the problem nearly insurmountable.

I would love to see an unwinding of AIG, JP Morgan, Citi, and Bank of America, among others, but just letting them fail would be catastrophic at the moment. What we need to do is get on the other side of the current troubles and then force some divestitures.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hawkins
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 12:47:48 pm »

I suppose if you want most banks in America to become technically insolvent, that would be a great plan.

Despite what you may have heard, there are few banks that are insolvent on the basis of performance on loans, cash flow, and long term viability as a going concern, but there are a lot that are struggling with capital ratios at the moment. If AIG were to fail, it would make the problem nearly insurmountable.

I would love to see an unwinding of AIG, JP Morgan, Citi, and Bank of America, among others, but just letting them fail would be catastrophic at the moment. What we need to do is get on the other side of the current troubles and then force some divestitures.

Why is it that other, smaller banks couldn't come in and pick up the pieces?

Banks that used sounder lending practices to begin with. These banks would become the next giants, and deservingly so.

Is this not how capitalism is supposed to work? This would cause short-term pain for many, but in the end, we would have rebuilt our house on a solid footing. Right now we are just patching up the old home around the edges, but the foundation is still cracking.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 01:00:04 pm »

President Hoover took a hand off policy to saving banks and companies. Are we really advocating his approach again?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org