A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:03:43 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa's Tea Party...  (Read 17917 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: February 25, 2009, 09:52:18 am »

To protest Spendulus and the Mortgage Bailout is apparently this Friday at Veterans' Park for anyone interested:

http://greencountryvalues.wordpress.com/2009/02/24/tea-party-this-friday-tulsa-and-nationwide/

Hope it goes better than that doofy NYU protest.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:16:28 am »

Isn't that cute? The kids are going to put on a play at the park. Costuming by Brooks Bros.?

Seriously, what do they hope to accomplish? I don't see any serious effort here to refuse the money. Why? Because we need help. Until another process emerges that comes up with a better solution than just "waiting for it all to go away", I'll pass on this rally.

Anyone notice that Obama shook alot of hands but when seeing Coburn...they embraced? Classic and meaningful.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 10:55:27 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Anyone notice that Obama shook alot of hands but when seeing Coburn...they embraced? Classic and meaningful.

I noticed that; that surprised me a little, actually.  Not that Obama did that, but that Coburn did.

But I agree regarding the protest.  'Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'.

Oh, wait, Guido won't care, he has me on ignore.

[Cheesy]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hometown
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:25:20 am »

You know when I was growing up here I always had a sense that Oklahoma was deeply flawed but from time to time I'd think, well maybe it's me.  

One the great things about returning here as an adult and getting to reevaluate my hometown is that I am now certain of one thing.  It was Oklahoma that was wrong, not me.

And Oklahoma, bless her heart, is, if nothing else, consistent.

Hello, Earth to Oklahoma.  You are at Third-World country level.  You need all the help you can get.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »

Will there be actual tea?  Stuff like that kinda fizzles if there's nothing to chuck into the harbor.  

Reams of subprime mortgages . . .?

I got nothin'.
ILUVTulsa
Activist

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 09:31:10 am »

They claim support of the Tulsa GOP.

Maybe they should also demand the City Council refuse Tulsa's share of the pork.  What about it, all you REPUBLICANS on the Council?

From www.StimulusWatch.org

The total cost of all the projects submitted by Tulsa is $944,612,008:

Amtrak Feasibility Study: $250,000

Roadway Improvements-Improve 74 roadway segments thru pavement rehabilitation and lane widening to reduce congestion, and improve public safety: $200,731,000

Gilcrease West Arkansas River Bridge - Charles Page Blvd to West 21st Street: $80,000,000

Gilcrease West - Phase 1 - 41st West Avenue to Tisdale: $61,000,000

Port Road Extension - Yale Avenue to Sheridan Road: $25,200,000

Boulder Avenue Bridge- Design & Construction: $9,000,000

Arkansas River Corridor - improve or construct three low water dams and associated sedimentation control: $75,000,000

Deepening McClellan Kerr Navigation Channel to 12ft. from 9ft. and add additional barge parking and fleet areas to allow for safe and efficient freight and barge traffic movement: $49,200,000

Water System Infrastructure-Construct 18 water distribution, supply, and treatment projects throughout the City of Tulsa to improve the delivery of safe drinking water: $20,673,000

Wasterwater System Improvements-Construct 4 wastewater collection system projects to eliminate health and safety concerns associated with sewage overflows: $8,900,000

Flood Control Infrastructure Improvements-Construct 8 stormsewer, channel, culvert, and bridge projects to improve public safety and reduce property damage associated with localized flood events: $3,768,000

Airport Terminal Building Roadway Reconstruction - The project will repair and upgrade the Terminal Building Roadway at the Tulsa International Airport. Portions of the roadway system that provides access to the Terminal Building are in need of replacement: $2,250,000

Extend Taxilane November-Alpha -Project constructs approximately 940 feet of taxilane into the North Development Area. It includes earthwork, concrete paving and minor drainage improvements. This project is currently advertising for bids: $1,750,000

Rehabilitate Airfield Pavements - Jones Riverside - Project will rehabilitate a variety of taxiways and taxilanes throughout the airport including Taxiway Zulu that serves Runway 1R/19L: $1,700,000

Indigent care regional medical center facility expansion and renovation (providing enhanced services to underserved and at risk populations): $30,000,000

Regional Medical Informatics Network, Data Warehouse and Electronic Health Records: $25,000,000

Electronic Health Record Development: $15,000,000

North Tulsa Specialty Clinic: $10,000,000

Phase II Cancer Center Satellite and Imaging Center: $10,000,000

Martin Regional Library Expansion: $8,900,000

Federally Qualified Primary Care Clinic: $5,000,000

North Tulsa Regional Wellness Center: $5,000,000

Compressed natural Gas (CNG) Fleet Fueling Infrastructure Expansion-Expand the City`s CNG infrastructure to fuel the growing CNG fleet and provide for the conversion of 20 light duty vehicles: $2,080,000

Energy Efficient Public Housing Infrastructure Improvements: $1,680,000
Energy Efficient Facilities Improvements: $1,600,000

Digital Infrastructure Conduit Expansion: $70,000,000

Regional Training Center - A regional fire training center to provide fire and homeland security training for Tulsa and surrounding communities: $55,000,000

Police Public Safety Facility Improvements: $5,240,000

Railroad Crossings - At Grade Safety Improvements - Union Pacific rail line from 1st Street to Peoria Ave: $5,000,000

Early Childhood Education Centers - construct ten education centers to serve at risk population: $100,000,000

Tulsa Regional Urban Rail Infrastructure: $41,500,000

Transit System Improvements - ADA compliant passenger shelters, hybrid lift vans, and hybrid transit coaches for underserved areas and population: $13,250,000

Sidewalk Infrastructure Improvements-Construct 5 sidewalk projects that improve pedestrian access to transit connections: $940,000.

MDepr2007
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 09:28:05 pm »

The song "True Colors"  keeps popping in my mind lately..
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 08:08:12 am »

lol, I love CAFTA haters.  Most are totally clueless about what they are talking about.  You have what I want, I have what you want... allowing us to trade for it is anti-fair trade.

What I think would be more fair is if we had 3 steps in between, a couple government taxes, and long delays.  Now THATS fair trade.  lol.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 02:57:12 pm »

Looks like Tulsa had a decent turnout at its tea party:

http://krmg.com/localnews/2009/02/hundreds-protest-stimulus-at-t.html

Anyone on this forum make it?

MDepr2007
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 06:18:50 pm »

KRMG video link

KRMG would have avoided this not long ago. Not that they are political but it's nice to see the change.
Hawkins
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 03:10:20 am »

I think that is really stupid that this was called a tea party.

Samuel Adams would laugh in their faces.

What was destroyed? What was the economic impact? Oh wait, in today's society, a real tea party would be called "Terrorism."

Man, what a nation of wimps...
MDepr2007
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 04:53:04 am »

Did I miss it or did the main (only) paper in Tulsa not even cover the tea party?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 11:36:45 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

What was destroyed? What was the economic impact? Oh wait, in today's society, a real tea party would be called "Terrorism."

Hawkins-Proving once again what an idiot with a computer can do.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 04:54:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:

Ah yes, there's the Gweed I remember with the ad-hominem at the ready!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Hawkins
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 07:10:34 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:

Whatever. I stand by the statement. This was NOT a tea party.

And the term "terrorism" has put a control on society that takes us further from ever taking a solid stance against anything the 'gubment does.

--
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org