A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:03 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Candidates Obama and McCain  (Read 1378 times)
avenirbyard
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:09:55 am »

Both Presidential Candidates Obama and McCain have emphasized the need for Energy Reform as we face climate change, a sinking economy, and rising fuel costs. In a country where 85% of energy demands are from fossil fuels (oil, coal and gas), coal and "clean coal" are making a rhetoric comeback this election. However, the burning of coal has proven one of the leading human-based causes of global climate change due to resulting carbon dioxide emissions, let alone a diversity of air pollutants.

For more information visit: obama clean coal
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:16:15 am »

This same post is spammed on at least 6 other forums that I can find.  From a Dallas Cowboys fan site to the Tuscaloosa News.  

The worst part is that it is a plagiarized article.

What Is this "Clean Coal" Obama and McCain Support?  By Tara DePorte, AlterNet. Posted October 31, 2008.  Available at: http://www.alternet.org/environment/105429/what_is_this_%22clean_coal%22_obama_and_mccain_support/ [last visited 1/29/09].  Which is itself a questionable source (todays' headline:  "The Financial Crisis Is Driving Hordes of Americans to Suicide - Pushed past their breaking points, people are robbing banks to pay the rent, setting homes on fire -- even taking their own lives."  It's the rapture!  Or "Fox News Is Using the Obamas to Perfect Its Racist Attacks on Black America"  This just in, Fox News hates black people.  And in other news "Israel's Leaders Are Frantically Trying to Prevent War Crimes Proceedings for Their Gaza Atrocities."  ).   A nice, reputable, and unbiased source to scientific data if I've ever seen one.

If you are going to plagiarize something, at least plagiarize something good.  Idiot.

Why are you pimping this company all over the internet?  Your link has nothing to do with Obama.  "Linc Energy is an innovative, forward thinking energy company and Australia's leader in clean coal technology."  Yay for them!  Being Australia's leader in clean coal is like being the tallest midget.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mrburns918
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:19:35 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

This same post is spammed on at least 6 other forums that I can find.  From a Dallas Cowboys fan site to the Tuscaloosa News.  

The worst part is that it is a plagiarized article.

What Is this "Clean Coal" Obama and McCain Support?  By Tara DePorte, AlterNet. Posted October 31, 2008.  Available at: http://www.alternet.org/environment/105429/what_is_this_%22clean_coal%22_obama_and_mccain_support/ [last visited 1/29/09].  Which is itself a questionable source (todays' headline:  "The Financial Crisis Is Driving Hordes of Americans to Suicide - Pushed past their breaking points, people are robbing banks to pay the rent, setting homes on fire -- even taking their own lives."  It's the rapture!  Or "Fox News Is Using the Obamas to Perfect Its Racist Attacks on Black America"  This just in, Fox News hates black people.  And in other news "Israel's Leaders Are Frantically Trying to Prevent War Crimes Proceedings for Their Gaza Atrocities."  ).   A nice, reputable, and unbiased source to scientific data if I've ever seen one.

If you are going to plagiarize something, at least plagiarize something good.  Idiot.

Why are you pimping this company all over the internet?  Your link has nothing to do with Obama.  "Linc Energy is an innovative, forward thinking energy company and Australia's leader in clean coal technology."  Yay for them!  Being Australia's leader in clean coal is like being the tallest midget.

Suddenly, I am vaulted back into time when my Mother delivered a horrendous slap across the face of a man who touched her inappropriately in the grocery store. I was only four years old, but I remember the store's deafening silence.

Mr. Burns

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org