A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:30:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Memorial Plaza/101 Memorial Square/ pancakes?  (Read 6987 times)
inteller
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:04:08 am »

Does anyone know about what is going in at the SE corner of 101st/Mem?  In reading Bixby Planning Comm minutes (an arcane black hole in and of itself) I can only discern that a hotel has been platted on one part.  But it appears that "101 Memorial Square" will be at the very corner or 101st/Memorial and is not as far along as "south memorial plaza".

If anyone has seen an actual plat or something on public record (like real planning comms provide) please scan it and post it here.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:13:20 am »

I have no idea, but right across the street a new Super Target is now under construction.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:49:14 am »

Man...everything is going in at 101st and Memorial. It would be great to live near there.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:24:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

Does anyone know about what is going in at the SE corner of 101st/Mem?  In reading Bixby Planning Comm minutes (an arcane black hole in and of itself) I can only discern that a hotel has been platted on one part.  But it appears that "101 Memorial Square" will be at the very corner or 101st/Memorial and is not as far along as "south memorial plaza".

If anyone has seen an actual plat or something on public record (like real planning comms provide) please scan it and post it here.

I think you answered your own question on why you haven't seen anything on it. Have you tried calling Bixby?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:33:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Man...everything is going in at 101st and Memorial. It would be great to live near there.

More places I won't shop because they don't have anything I want.

More traffic.

It was really nice before 71st Street was developed. Memorial south of the RR tracks at 41st St. was 2 lanes and not crowded. You could look up at night and see stars instead of city lights.

Composer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 12:56:11 am »

Is the new Target under-construction?
I saw something at one point that said a Holiday Inn Express was coming.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:59:53 am by Composer » Logged
Composer
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 02:33:34 pm »

I like the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites on the hill in Broken Arrow. There is a new TownePlace Suites by Marriott that is opening this month next door.
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 03:51:18 am »

Fireworks stand no more, oh the price of progress. [xx(]
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 09:53:35 pm »

quote:
plus, that thing close to so many populated places....thank goodness it never caught fire.

It would have made an interesting experience but I think most other structures were far enough away. We're not talking C-4 here.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 03:38:59 pm »

quote:

you've never seen fireworks factories burn I take it.

and yeah if it had ever caught fire I'm pretty sure the schlotskys would have to evacuate.

A fireworks factory has a lot more explosive material on hand than that fireworks stand did. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 12:14:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm

quote:

you've never seen fireworks factories burn I take it.

and yeah if it had ever caught fire I'm pretty sure the schlotskys would have to evacuate.

A fireworks factory has a lot more explosive material on hand than that fireworks stand did. Wink

You wouldn't necessarily be running from the flames, but the stuff that is firing in EVERY direction.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't like flaming objects being hurled in my direction.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org