A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:25:59 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brookside  (Read 105007 times)
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2012, 10:38:20 am »

Next door to Safeway. At the Upholstery company parking lot just north.

We had quite a large crowd most weekend nights.
The Moss crowd... DQ here.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2018, 10:46:25 am »

Saw this posted on the Preserve Midtown Facebook page.  Really curious to know more about the hotel/parking garage and where this is located?

FYI Development news/update from the Brookside Neighborhood Association website:

a. Bus Rapid Transit – Convert properties to MX zoning at 41st Place & Peoria
b. Possible multi-story parking garage (camouflaged with landscaping), hotel and
restaurants on bottom floors. Hotel could provide transportation to Gathering Place.

c. More development needed along Peoria between 41st and 51st
d. Question asked about commercial development along Riverside:
Phase II of Gathering Place from 31st to 34th Streets will be commercial

If you want to know more, please consider attending the Brookside Neighborhood Meeting tonight from 6-7 pm at Southminster Presbyterian Church- Dining Hall (south parking lot off 35th Place)

https://www.facebook.com/PreserveMidtown/

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2018, 06:27:40 pm »

Fascinating
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2018, 08:16:27 pm »

Saw this posted on the Preserve Midtown Facebook page.  Really curious to know more about the hotel/parking garage and where this is located?

https://www.facebook.com/PreserveMidtown/

did you "consider attending the Brookside Neighborhood Meeting tonight" ?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2018, 08:40:37 am »

I wonder if that is the same one rumored at 21st and Boston?  Not exactly midtown, but...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2018, 09:26:52 am »

It's at 41st Place & Peoria and includes that vacant property between 41st Pl and 42nd St.  Tim Clark is the developer.  IMO that's an odd location for a hotel...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:41:22 am by SXSW » Logged

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2018, 09:49:45 am »

IMO that's an odd location for a hotel...

Apparently less odd than Utica Square.  Which is odd.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2018, 09:50:12 am »

I wonder if that is the same one rumored at 21st and Boston?  Not exactly midtown, but...

Just curious, what would be Midtown then?   I'm not sure what the official designation is, but (particularly in the area directly South of downtown) my thought is that anything South of the IDL is Midtown.  Certainly by the time you get to 21st, you are solidly into Midtown.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2018, 09:58:10 am »

Just curious, what would be Midtown then?   I'm not sure what the official designation is, but (particularly in the area directly South of downtown) my thought is that anything South of the IDL is Midtown.  Certainly by the time you get to 21st, you are solidly into Midtown.

I agree.  Downtown is just inside the IDL.  Riverview, including the historic neighborhood and commercial areas between Boulder and Boston, is part of midtown.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2018, 09:59:24 am »

Apparently less odd than Utica Square.  Which is odd.

Utica Square would be a great location for a hotel.  Honestly surprised there is not one already there, or next to it.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2018, 10:01:02 am »

The Whirled uses this, other media use other maps but Ive always understood Sheridan to be the Midtown/East divider, for example.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:10:13 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2018, 11:20:14 am »

Please let this be the end of the "Where is midtown?" discussion on this thread.

We have beaten this horse into dust.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2018, 11:49:47 am »

Please let this be the end of the "Where is midtown?" discussion on this thread.

We have beaten this horse into dust.

And yet people still aren't sure about it. That map is a helpful general guideline.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2018, 11:57:12 am »

Damn, sorry.  Didn't mean to open this can of worms.  I only meant the area from 21st north to the IDL is usually not considered part of midtown because it is an entirely different character than then "rest" of midtown to the east of Cinci.    Uptown, 18th and Boston area, whatever. 

Happy to fight in some other thread, but we can all agree that Brookside IS in Midtown   Grin

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2018, 12:04:38 pm »

Anyone know the current plans for the Trinity UMC property at 37th Pl & Peoria?  At one time they discussed building a new church there.  If I were Trinity I would do a mixed-use building with retail on the first floor and church functions above.  Brookside Baptist Church at 36th & Peoria could do the same thing with their building next to Zoe's Kitchen.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org