A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:51:11 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrew Rice v Jim Inhofe  (Read 19392 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:40 am »

I saw polling today that has Inhofe way ahead 53% to 37%. The same polling group, Survey USA has McCain ahead of Obama 64% to 34%

I know it is 34 days till the election and that is a lifetime in election days, but it looks as if Inhofe is cruising to an easy win.

I don't get it. He is a laughingstock on Capitol Hill. Why do we re-elect him?

Is it just that we are so red it doesn't matter? Rice is getting a higher percentage than Obama...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:51:09 am by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:53:31 am »

Great question. I don't get it either....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:25:20 am »

My main turn off with Rice is he's a political opportunist.  He started running for U.S. Senate within six months of being elected to the state Senate.

He's also too liberal to carry Oklahoma.  He might translate well in a west coast state or east coast state.  A popular moderate like Brad Henry can win a U.S. Senate seat from Oklahoma.  He's a "Boren" Democrat on many levels.  I suspect he might be holding out for Coburn's seat as I would assume Coburn was going for one term.

Rice's ad lampooning Inhofe for accepting over a million in contributions from the oil industry is incredibly naive.  What are two of the main engines of Oklahoma's economy???  Energy & agriculture.  How's Oklahoma's economy been doing the last five years?

For any resident of Oklahoma to sit around and demonize the oil industry is just plain stupid.  For someone to run on it shows a level of ignorance better suited to private, not public pursuits.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:59:07 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

My main turn off with Rice is he's a political opportunist.  He started running for U.S. Senate within six months of being elected to the state Senate.

He's also too liberal to carry Oklahoma.  He might translate well in a west coast state or east coast state.  A popular moderate like Brad Henry can win a U.S. Senate seat from Oklahoma.  He's a "Boren" Democrat on many levels.  I suspect he might be holding out for Coburn's seat as I would assume Coburn was going for one term.

Rice's ad lampooning Inhofe for accepting over a million in contributions from the oil industry is incredibly naive.  What are two of the main engines of Oklahoma's economy???  Energy & agriculture.  How's Oklahoma's economy been doing the last five years?

For any resident of Oklahoma to sit around and demonize the oil industry is just plain stupid.  For someone to run on it shows a level of ignorance better suited to private, not public pursuits.

"He's too liberal blah blah blah."

You're too conservative, Conan. Out of touch with mainstream America?

Sully and Inhofe ripping hospital funding inaction is political gamesmanship. They both should be outed!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:17:57 am by FOTD » Logged
mrburns918
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:11:59 pm »

When it comes down to a race like this, I go with the candidate that is going to be respected not only in OK but in D.C. as well.

Nickles, Boren, Bellmon commanded respect and were true leaders whether I agreed with them or not. They represented Oklahoma well. Inhofe is no leader, he is a joke amongst both parties.

I will hold my nose and vote for Andrew Rice. At this point I would prefer giving someone a chance to prove themselves rather than send Inhofe back and continue his idiocy.

You claim you want change? Then vote this moron out of office. At this point, it's not even about the issues when it comes to Inhofe.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 12:16:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

quote:

Sully and Inhofe ripping hospital funding inaction is political gamesmanship. They both should be outed!

God is important to Andrew and his family.  Devils generally don't vote for God fearers, do they?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:17:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mrburns918

When it comes down to a race like this, I go with the candidate that is going to be respected not only in OK but in D.C. as well.

Nickles, Boren, Bellmon commanded respect and were true leaders whether I agreed with them or not. They represented Oklahoma well. Inhofe is no leader, he is a joke amongst both parties.

I will hold my nose and vote for Andrew Rice. At this point I would prefer giving someone a chance to prove themselves rather than send Inhofe back and continue his idiocy.

You claim you want change? Then vote this moron out of office. At this point, it's not even about the issues when it comes to Inhofe.

Actually Inhofe is well-respected amongst Republicans in DC.  But liberal media outlets don't cop to it.

Inhofe is being targeted hard by the DNC because he's one of the worst thorns in their side.

mrburns918
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:30:42 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mrburns918

Actually Inhofe is well-respected amongst Republicans in DC.  But liberal media outlets don't cop to it.

Inhofe is being targeted hard by the DNC because he's one of the worst thorns in their side.

Actually my source(a prominent Republican senator) says differently but it doesn't matter because what was said about Inhofe happened during our private conversation.

I don't expect anyone to believe me and would expect you to question the validity. But for me, being  privilege to that conversation confirmed my feelings and it's what I base my opinion on.

Mr. Burns
Bob Barr for President

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 12:40:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I saw polling today that has Inhofe way ahead 53% to 37%. The same polling group, Survey USA has McCain ahead of Obama 64% to 34%

I know it is 34 days till the election and that is a lifetime in election days, but it looks as if Inhofe is cruising to an easy win.

I don't get it. He is a laughingstock on Capitol Hill. Why do we re-elect him?

Is it just that we are so red it doesn't matter? Rice is getting a higher percentage than Obama...

Polls are meaningless until 9 days before the election.  That's when they want to be right.  Right now they are concerned with swaying opinion.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 01:39:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar
[br
Polls are meaningless until 9 days before the election.  

not sure about the 9 day thing but I agree polls are meaningless...land lines?  c'mon
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 01:55:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

quote:

grahambino
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:17 am »

MURDERERS, RAPISTS & THIEVES!
Oh my!  

GOOD OKIES WITH "OKLAHOMA VALUES" HEED MY WARNING!!!

Andrew Rice will open the prisons if he's elected!  
Drugs will flood the schools!  
Rape squads will roam the streets!

BEWARE!
BEWARE!
TOO LIBERAL FOR OKLAHOMA!!!
He's a MARXIST.
THE DECEMBERICESTS ARE COMING!!!!!

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

MURDERERS, RAPISTS & THIEVES!
Oh my!  

GOOD OKIES WITH "OKLAHOMA VALUES" HEED MY WARNING!!!

Andrew Rice will open the prisons if he's elected!  
Drugs will flood the schools!  
Rape squads will roam the streets!

BEWARE!
BEWARE!
TOO LIBERAL FOR OKLAHOMA!!!
He's a MARXIST.
THE DECEMBERICESTS ARE COMING!!!!!

That is a pretty good summary of the dinner time adds that Inhofe has been running.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Limabean
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 11:14:36 am »

So what do you base your statement that Inhofe is ridiculed in DC on?
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 01:37:08 pm »

The only thing I can say about Inhofe is that he's slightly less embarassing than Coburn.  Of course, that's not saying much.

Inhofe's attack ads on Rice are so offensive and insulting, I'd vote against Inhofe just because he "approved this ad."  Of course, I'm already going to vote against Inhofe b/c he's a dinosaur and his record proves it.

I like the Project Vote Smart Website to learn about the different candidates.  It shows everything from recent speeches to voting records, and how different special interest groups "rate" the candidates. (This can be enlightening...depending on your own interests!)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org