A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:25:47 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did Biden Say Now?  (Read 31578 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: September 18, 2008, 07:27:01 am »

Apparently, since I do not want to pay higher taxes, I am unpatriotic:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ijhWY4xbOaT6L788T-6b9FgI2dKAD9393ULG3

Guess my military service means jack to this draft dodger.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
iplaw
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:46:07 am »

One aspect of finances that I really don't understand from the "Average Joe" ticket of Obama/Biden is the collective lack of charitable giving from these people.

They don't mind you being forced into giving your money to the federal government, but when it comes to voluntary charitable giving these guys hide under the table.

This seems to be a common theme amongst liberals in general, but most notably those who are rabid about raising taxes.
grahambino
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:55:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

Republicans are treating the war as their version of the Little Red Hen.  Who wants to SAY they "SUPPORT DA TROOPS SUPPORT DA TROOPS". i do!  I do, I just put a flag magnet on my car, I'm patriotic!  Look at me!!!

Who wants to PAY to "SUPPORT DA TROOPS SUPPORT DA TROOPS".  

*crickets*

Oh wait, what's that in the distance?  I see a hand up... Who is that?  Oh, that's right...  the Chinese government!!

iplaw
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:02:37 am »

All I can say is that I hope they keep running of the platform of raising taxes.  No quicker way to put nails in the coffin of a presidential campaign.

This guy provides republicans with unlimited ammunition.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 08:05:39 am »

quote:

And the two of those things are related . . . how?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 08:12:12 am »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:

If the two things are paying taxes and patriotism (Biden's statement), I have no idea how they are related.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:13:46 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:

If the two things are paying taxes and patriotism (Biden's statement), I have no idea how they are related.

I was thinking more about taxes and your military service.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:14:25 am »

They are related because Dick Cheney is vice-president and Biden wants to be vice president.

Biden had a medical discharge from military service, Cheney just said he was too busy.

I wonder if guido ever called Cheney a draft-dodger?

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 08:14:28 am »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

quote:

Republicans are treating the war as their version of the Little Red Hen.  Who wants to SAY they "SUPPORT DA TROOPS SUPPORT DA TROOPS". i do!  I do, I just put a flag magnet on my car, I'm patriotic!  Look at me!!!

*crickets*

Oh wait, what's that in the distance?  I see a hand up... Who is that?  Oh, that's right...  the Chinese government!!

I take it you agree with Biden then.

grahambino
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 09:01:56 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

*crickets*

Yes, I agree with Biden.
I don't agree with you.
Big difference, there.  What you said is NOT what Biden said.

Deficit spending to support a war and DA TROOPS, bankrupting the government all on the "Chinese Credit Card", b/c the richest Americans don't want to pay their share.

Now, that's what I call PATRIOTIC!

and somehow, I have a sneaking suspicion you won't be the slightest bit affected by this tax increase on people earning 250k+

but again its the internet, so I'm quite sure you're earning a cool 500k a year, have 2 Bentleys in the garage, and an 8000 sq. ft palatial estate...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 08:30:45 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

*crickets*

Yes, I agree with Biden.
I don't agree with you.
Big difference, there.  What you said is NOT what Biden said.

Deficit spending to support a war and DA TROOPS, bankrupting the government all on the "Chinese Credit Card", b/c the richest Americans don't want to pay their share.

Now, that's what I call PATRIOTIC!

and somehow, I have a sneaking suspicion you won't be the slightest bit affected by this tax increase on people earning 250k+

but again its the internet, so I'm quite sure you're earning a cool 500k a year, have 2 Bentleys in the garage, and an 8000 sq. ft palatial estate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpb4ldtsFz4&eurl=http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/19/mccain-ad-patriotic-act/

Incidentally, can you tell me how paying more taxes makes one "patriotic"? I have the sneaking suspicion your head is way up your rear on connecting patriotism to higher taxes.

grahambino
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 10:52:11 am »

So PATRIOTISM® to you is this:

Paying less money to support the men & women fighting for your FREEDOM® in Iraq. Because,  guido911 apparently gets paid an alleged 250k+ a year to argue on the internet all day.  Working so hard for that money & doesn't feel like he should pay his share.  Meanwhile, the Grunts in Iraq keep earning that super sweet $19,000 a year.

Paying less to care wounded warriors that fought & were injured fighting for your FREEDOM® in Afghanistan.

Okay, congrats. You're now on the same level as James Brown.  
Except he was talented & able to write a song about his PATRIOTISM®.

if you support this war & the military it's time to put up or shut up.  
However,
In your case, it would be better for the collective IQ of this forum, if you just did the latter.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:56:42 am by grahambino » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:58:49 pm »

quote:

So PATRIOTISM® to you is this:

Paying less money to support the men & women fighting for your FREEDOM® in Iraq. Because,  guido911 apparently gets paid an alleged 250k+ a year to argue on the internet all day.  Working so hard for that money & doesn't feel like he should pay his share.  Meanwhile, the Grunts in Iraq keep earning that super sweet $19,000 a year.

Paying less to care wounded warriors that fought & were injured fighting for your FREEDOM® in Afghanistan.

Okay, congrats. You're now on the same level as James Brown.  
Except he was talented & able to write a song about his PATRIOTISM®.

if you support this war & the military it's time to put up or shut up.  
However,
In your case, it would be better for the collective IQ of this forum, if you just did the latter.

What a great idea. From now on, I want all my tax dollars to go towards funding our military. I do not want any of my tax dollars funding our f'd up public school system (that my children do not attend), our f'd up public transportation system (that my family does not use), and any other government hand out program.

Next, in case you missed my first post on this thread, I did my bit for God and Country for numerous years. I earned my rights and freedom, while there are those who have theirs by being a sex trophy. You are not one of those freedom gravy trainers like Obama and Biden, are you?

I guess I should give Biden a break. After all, his idea of Patriotism has to be something other than service to one's country given his draft dodging history.

Oh, I would be careful about using the expression "I.Q." in a thread about Biden. Here's this gem from the plagiarist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEqyYUGk4I

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 02:45:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

All I can say is that I hope they keep running of the platform of raising taxes.  No quicker way to put nails in the coffin of a presidential campaign.

you do realize people who make less than around $150,000/yr will see a greater tax break under Obama than McCain right? At least the Democrat tax platform makes more sense than the Republicans. The Republicans are in no hurry to get our of Iraq where we're spending $10 billion a month all the while they are trumpeting more tax cuts. I just dont see the logic in more tax cuts while we're spending so much money on war and bailing out the economy left and right.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 02:49:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nik

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

you do realize people who make less than around $150,000/yr will see a greater tax break under Obama than McCain right? At least the Democrat tax platform makes more sense than the Republicans. The Republicans are in no hurry to get our of Iraq where we're spending $10 billion a month all the while they are trumpeting more tax cuts. I just dont see the logic in more tax cuts while we're spending so much money on war and bailing out the economy left and right.

Wow, no **** Nik we hadn't heard that.  Actually, it's under $250K.

So it's okay that Obama is going to cut taxes, but you don't see the logic in tax cuts?  pancakes?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org