A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:05:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Judge rules against Wilkins re: injunction  (Read 4499 times)
Gold
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:41:30 am »

I'm not surprised.  http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8991868
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:29:45 pm »

Non-binding agreement.  Doesn't that give you about the same legs oral contract in court (or even less so)?

I hate to see what happened to Will, but believe the judge was correct in his ruling.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 02:49:51 pm »

Depends what the oral agreement is for and what's at stake.  I can think of some scenarios where it might work, but they mostly involve agreements between lawyers where the court is ordering you to come to some sort of agreement.

But for this kind of thing, yeah, you're right.  It's worth the paper it was printed on.  

This whole thing got blown way out of proportion.  People need to not be so paranoid in this town.
Wrinkle
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 02:56:32 pm »

The Mayor paid BOK $7.1 million on less.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 03:17:04 pm »

You just can't stay on topic without bashing the Mayor, wrinkle...

This was about a real estate transaction with no documentation.

The judge was wise.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 04:35:08 pm »

He may have a claim for reliance damages on the cancellation of the contract for exclusive negotiations.  It completely depends on what the instrument for exclusive negotiation looks like.  These things tend to have escape clauses for ending the negotiating period early.  Sometimes they'll have releases too.  

The more interesting question will be whether TDA breached its contract to negotiate, and if so, whether Wilkins is entitled to damages for the breach.  
Wrinkle
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:13:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

You just can't stay on topic without bashing the Mayor, wrinkle...

This was about a real estate transaction with no documentation.

The judge was wise.

As I recall, the Mayor injected a "Moral Obligation" heretofore unregistered anywhere.

The similarities are uncanny, and not a change of topic. Did I mention a stupid political move on her part?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 05:42:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle
The similarities are uncanny...

They both involved city government and money. Yes, I see the circle of life now.

You are trying to link a failed airline and a guy trying to build some townhouses.

Why stop there?

The court ruling saying the guy had nothing in writing and no case...it is amazingly just like when the Beatles broke up over Yoko Ono.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Curmudgeon
Citizen

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 06:28:19 pm »

quote:

quote:

They both involved city government and money. Yes, I see the circle of life now.

You are trying to link a failed airline and a guy trying to build some townhouses.

Why stop there?

The court ruling saying the guy had nothing in writing and no case...it is amazingly just like when the Beatles broke up over Yoko Ono.

+1 for the Beatles reference

Wrinkle
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 10:20:06 pm »

quote:

quote:

Why stop there?

It was a LAND deal, one declared illegal by the Feds, thus our Mayor offered up our skins instead.

I'm not linking his deal and hers, just the premise, you know word of honor, moral obligation, verbal contract. Getting the harmony yet?  Naw, what am I thinking, it might help if you change your crowd.

PS: That's money directly out of my pocket, and yours.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:26:45 pm by Wrinkle » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org