A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:30:46 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEVER Forget  (Read 3719 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 04:12:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Solemnis

I keep trying to figure out how I might be misinterpreting comments on this thread...

If my comment above offended you, I apologize. I felt I was making fun of the title of the thread and not the image. I don't speak for the other posters above, but I assume that our feelings about the tragedy are similar to yours.

We often get caught up in reading too much into the fellow posters intentions, including the one whom assumed it was posted for political reasons. I often get stuck in a rut and feel everything is done for political reasons, too. The guy who started the thread is one of the people who argues about politicians and their intents. We playfully argue constantly on TulsaNow and probably used poor judgement this time.

The tragedy of 9/11 will be with us forever. The guy who started the thread knows that and probably just wanted us to reflect on that realization as well.

Please also realize that humor is one of the most common ways that people deal with tragedy. It insulates us from pain and acts like an outlet for emotion. Most of us are taught to suppress emotion, act like zombies in adversity, and as a result don't react properly. Add to the fact that everybody likes to be funny and many of us even think we are funny, and you have a recipe for people posting these kind of responses.  

I hope you understand and accept our apology.

P.S. Lighten up, Francis

Power is nothing till you use it.
Miss Solemnis
Citizen

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 05:36:07 pm »

Sorry.  Really rough day and I thought I'd take it out on you.  (And no, it didn't make me feel a bit better.)  Next time I'll try a margarita.  It's so much tastier than crow.  [Wink]

P.S.  "Francis" is usually much more easy-going and sees the humor in most everything.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 05:47:56 pm »

From the 1981 movie "Stripes"...

Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

Power is nothing till you use it.
izmophonik
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 09:05:33 pm »

I won't be pressured into apologizing for something percieved.  I will however say that laughter is the best medicine.  Some folks dwell on the past and some move on.  That's just the way it is.  [Shocked)]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org