A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:05:00 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: yIKEs!!!!!!!!  (Read 3927 times)
FOTD
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:36:08 am »

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/151325.shtml?5day#contents

What are we? Two feet over normal rainfall this year. Might be a beautiful fall unless all the leaves get blown away....
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:15:19 am »

The river was full of water until just the last two weeks. Longest I've seen it that high, that long.

My yard loves it.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 01:59:09 pm »

I have a feeling we are going to have a looooot of snow and ice this year.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:03:27 pm »

This is really gonna depend on this low pressure trough out west and the timing...they keep pushing it further east with each new update, which indicates to me they think the trough will either show up quicker, or the storm is moving slower.  Last night's update had Ike smack in the middle of OK by late Sunday.  Now they're saying early Monday.

Either way, I'm guessing 4 inches of rain out of this, maybe more.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 02:14:08 pm »

Should be a fun MS150 this weekend.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:25:54 pm »

Waaaay too much rain for my hot pepper plants. Our soil generally drains well but not this year.  I am just now getting the yield I should have had in July.

On the other hand, we have lawn in many spots we generally have dirt.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:00:53 pm »

They just keep wobbling the timing back and forth; now they have it arriving in SE Oklahoma midday or a little later on Sunday.

This will be a day-to-day deal.  It could get pushed even farther east into west-central Arkansas before it's said and done.  They got hit hard enough by Gustav; they don't need Ike.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 05:47:37 am »

The track had definitely shifted to the right and is much faster than what I was looking at yesterday. Current forecast has it coming onshore just southwest of Galveston Friday night...then passing across se OK Saturday night. This is similar to the path of Gustav...although I don't see Ike stalling over se OK like Gustav did.

The faster movement will limit rainfall across OK...although still could easily see 3-5 inches...with the higher amounts east of Tulsa (much like Gustav).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org