A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:42:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's McCain Palin  (Read 34083 times)
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2008, 01:35:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

The Commentraitors were probably pulling for fellow Republican David Duke.

How mature. <sarcasm off>

It's guys like you are one of the myriad reasons that the GOP brand is in the dumps.

Don't blame me. When I last left Washington, the GOP were winning.

I'm not in charge of anything now.

The GOP brand has been hurt by:

1)  George Bush.  Tax and spend "compassionate conservative" wasn't either one.  

2)  GOP Party Leadership taken over by Wheeler-Dealers instead of the Square Dealers, to paraphase a Nov. 2006 www.batesline.com analysis by local blogger Michael Bates.  

Tom Delay, Ted Stevens, Duke Cunningham, Don Young, Mark Foley, etc. damaged the party credibility.

3)  Runaway earmarks.  Thanks to Sinator Ted Stevens and Congressman Don Young, and the Bridge to Nowhere.  Ted will probably be suited in prison Orange for the Inauguration.  Currently charged with 7 federal felonies.

4)  The endless War in Iraq.  By the time of the 2006 election, the voters said: Enough.

5)  The lack of national party leadership is apparent in the remarks by various REPUBLICAN leaders regarding VP nominee Sarah Palin.  They violated the cardinal rule of the GOP:

NEVER publically speak ill of a fellow Republican office holder.

6)  Lousy Congressional leadership.  John Boehner in the House is too distracted thinking about his next cigarette to concentrate on fighting Nasty Nancy Pelosi.

Who is Senate Minority Leader?  Does anyone know?  Or care?  Mitch McConnell from Kentucky.
His leadership style seems to involve waving a white flag and curling up into a fetal position sucking his thumb while Senator Harry Reid puts in the boot.

[:O]

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:41:32 pm by Friendly Bear » Logged
rwarn17588
« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2008, 01:38:11 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's guys like you are one of the myriad reasons that the GOP brand is in the dumps.

Were you a lobbyist or adviser or something?
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2008, 01:43:45 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Were you a lobbyist or adviser or something?

Or misogynist?

You'll probably figure it out.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:45:49 pm by Friendly Bear » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2008, 05:16:50 pm »

FB, about the time I think you're useless, you show insight and get something right. I miss the old republican party too. I was never a part of it but it was respectable.

Watched the old replays of the Republican conventions from '56 and '60. I was too young to watch then. Eisenhower was a serious dude and very intellectual while Hoover was damn alien-scary looking and practically unintelligible. Nixon was....Nixon. Knowing now what was happening behind the scenes it was more interesting than it was then. Women all had attractive little hats with netting. Fun stuff.

We're so screwed either way it hardly seems worth the battle anymore. Americans are going to have to face the reality of our facade existence soon enough. Russia seems to have figured us out like Reagan figured them out in the mid 80's. We're fat, lazy, poorly educated and unprepared for the new global view of things. But we make great films! Either a financial panic or a real energy crisis might be the electro-shock we need.

Oh, well back to the rat killin'.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2008, 05:46:58 pm »

Ahhhh, gotta love Buchanan: 'For his boldness in choosing Palin, McCain deserves enormous credit. He has made an extraordinary gesture to conservatives and the party base, offering his old antagonists a partner's share in his presidency. And his decision is likely to be rewarded with a massive and enthusiastic turnout for the McCain-Palin ticket. Rarely has this writer encountered such an outburst of enthusiasm on the right.

In choosing Palin, McCain may also have changed the course of history as much as Ike did with his choice of Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan did with his choice of George H.W. Bush. For should this ticket win, Palin will eclipse every other Republican as heir apparent to the presidency and will have her own power base among Lifers, evangelicals, gun folks and conservatives – wholly independent of President McCain.'

THAT is why the Dems are panicking.  Say, did you know she voted Buchanan in the primaries?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2008, 05:56:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

Ahhhh, gotta love Buchanan: 'For his boldness in choosing Palin, McCain deserves enormous credit. He has made an extraordinary gesture to conservatives and the party base, offering his old antagonists a partner's share in his presidency. And his decision is likely to be rewarded with a massive and enthusiastic turnout for the McCain-Palin ticket. Rarely has this writer encountered such an outburst of enthusiasm on the right.

In choosing Palin, McCain may also have changed the course of history as much as Ike did with his choice of Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan did with his choice of George H.W. Bush. For should this ticket win, Palin will eclipse every other Republican as heir apparent to the presidency and will have her own power base among Lifers, evangelicals, gun folks and conservatives – wholly independent of President McCain.'

THAT is why the Dems are panicking.  Say, did you know she voted Buchanan in the primaries?

Yeah, Buchanan, the master of the flip-flop.  He must be teaching McCain.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZU9GGBI2jM

Wonder if he's filed his medical insurance yet...that's gotta be one helluva case of whiplash.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:57:44 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2008, 07:21:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

FB, about the time I think you're useless, you show insight and get something right. I miss the old republican party too. I was never a part of it but it was respectable.

Watched the old replays of the Republican conventions from '56 and '60. I was too young to watch then. Eisenhower was a serious dude and very intellectual while Hoover was damn alien-scary looking and practically unintelligible. Nixon was....Nixon. Knowing now what was happening behind the scenes it was more interesting than it was then. Women all had attractive little hats with netting. Fun stuff.

We're so screwed either way it hardly seems worth the battle anymore. Americans are going to have to face the reality of our facade existence soon enough. Russia seems to have figured us out like Reagan figured them out in the mid 80's. We're fat, lazy, poorly educated and unprepared for the new global view of things. But we make great films! Either a financial panic or a real energy crisis might be the electro-shock we need.

Wonderful that I've redeemed myself showing a critique of why the GOP brand has been damaged, principally by GWBush and the former Wheeler-Dealer GOP congressional leadership.

Always glad to help.

However, some philosopher once remarked that a problem recognized is the beginning of a problem solved.

Don't count out the GOP for long.

It's the Grand Old Party, afterall.

It was the GOP lead by Illinois GOP Senator Everett Dirksen that helped deliver the 1965 Voting Rights Act to re-enfranchise African Americans.

Not the Southern Segregationist Democrats.

Right?

waterboy
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2008, 08:24:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

Its okay Tim. We're going to talk you down from this. First you'll get some shivers, see some funny lights. Then you'll feel queasy as the room starts to slow down and you re-enter reality. Easy now...not too fast...

Watching the convention, eh?
waterboy
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2008, 08:28:34 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Wonderful that I've redeemed myself showing a critique of why the GOP brand has been damaged, principally by GWBush and the former Wheeler-Dealer GOP congressional leadership.

Always glad to help.

However, some philosopher once remarked that a problem recognized is the beginning of a problem solved.

Don't count out the GOP for long.

It's the Grand Old Party, afterall.

It was the GOP lead by Illinois GOP Senator Everett Dirksen that helped deliver the 1965 Voting Rights Act to re-enfranchise African Americans.

Not the Southern Segregationist Democrats.

Right?

I think LBJ had something to do with it too. He personally lost the south. Funny, those Southern Segregationist Democrats couldn't wait to change their registration to Republican and support George Wallace. They raised their progeny to be Republicans too. No good deed goes unpunished.

Why has Dirksen been lost and forgotten by the party?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:31:28 pm by waterboy » Logged
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2008, 09:15:50 pm »

What executive experience does McCain have?  Is it time to switch the ticket?

Palin - McCain?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2008, 11:04:03 pm »

Mmm...Six minutes of Palin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YadR6qNTjzU

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2008, 07:24:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by CoffeeBean

What executive experience does McCain have?  Is it time to switch the ticket?

Palin - McCain?

For some reason, it isn't mentioned much, but John McCain went on to be a naval squadron commander after he returned from the Hanoi Hilton.  

It wasn't immediate of course. He had to undergo more torture in the form of intense, lengthy physical therapy to return to flight status.

When appointed Squadron Commander, he bossed several hundred aviators and support personnel, ensured aircraft readiness, and paid the bills.

Funny that isn't being mentioned.  He didn't just serve in the Navy.  He RETIRED from the Navy as a captain in 1981 and, moving to Arizona, entered politics.

Elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1982, he served two terms, and was then elected to the U.S. Senate in 1986, winning re-election easily in 1992, 1998, and 2004.

Politics was a second career.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:34:26 am by Friendly Bear » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2008, 08:45:32 am »

Anyone catch our Prez bragging about McCain staying in POW camp instead of taking his pass out of Vietnam.....poor judgement.
FOTD
« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2008, 11:20:35 am »

LISTEN UP.....HIGHLAREOUS!!!!!
McCain's Voice Mail to Palin Leaked to Press (Listen)

http://www.236.com/blog/w/lee_camp/mccains_voice_mail_to_palin_le_8644.php

FUNNY STUFF!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:21:42 am by FOTD » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org