A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:52:22 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Powerhouse Gym  (Read 13833 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 01:36:48 pm »

quote:

Hours

Monday through Thursday: 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Saturday: Closed

Sunday: Closed

Hours are subject to change between semesters and holiday breaks.  Call 595-7348 for questions.

The southeast campus fitness center has a rock climbing wall as well.

Radio
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 11:18:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:
Originally posted by Radio

The large windowless AT&T/SBC buidling, one
of them, is available, with a small leaseback. East Fifth and Elgin.

I thought it was the brick gothic/deco AT&T building with windows and the transmission tower on top that was available, at least the floors below the transmission facility.

Nope.  We are extremely familiar with the older building.  The microwave tower has been unused since 1994, (and then it was only used for admin circuits out to Mounds OK) and none of the fifth floor equipment is even active now.

AT&T put the fiber into the other buildings, and the beautiful older building sat vacant for a little bit, then SWB Wireless leased some space for some of their engineering staff.  Now, of course that staff is back to being AT&T staff.  

I drool everytime I go inside that building...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 09:08:25 am »

It's a great building and would have great potential for lofts or something if the tower was removed.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 09:27:01 am »

I think it would be neat to find a new purpose for the tower. Take that, El Guapo patio..
Radio
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 04:17:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

It's a great building and would have great potential for lofts or something if the tower was removed.

What?  That beautiful tower?

I think it adds quite a bit to the building,
and could even be functional, as possibly a
cell site.

If only I knew how to upload a picture here...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:19:27 pm by Radio » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 06:35:35 am »

Back on the topic, workout equipment was being wheeled out of powerhouse gym yesterday, I believe St Francis bought it.

Sounds to me like they're quitting, not moving.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:40 am »

TCC is a smoking deal.  I usually do cardio and machines.  I'm really not into free weights so much anymore due to joint issues so it works for me.  

Tulsa Rowing Club is another great deal at $250 per year, which includes use of all equipment and boats, plus it's more kinetic than a gym.  We got to use the indoor "rowing tank" at TU a few weeks ago, that was tre cool.

For the more serious lifters, there's always

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 09:02:10 am »

I rather like Goblogym's concept of combining cardio, free weights, and cosmetic surgery.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 11:04:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Back on the topic, workout equipment was being wheeled out of powerhouse gym yesterday, I believe St Francis bought it.

Sounds to me like they're quitting, not moving.

It was my understanding that 1st Presbyterian bought it and will use it for an activity center of some sort.  Did that fall through?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 12:20:26 pm »

The only news about it to date is that they were considering it, it was clarified in a post above that no deals had been done yet. The fact the equipment is moving out suggests it did finally go through.
NellieBly
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 01:34:15 pm »

Yes the sale went through. The owners are retiring I guess you could say. They made a killing on the building, apparently.
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 01:59:32 pm »

So this gym at TCC is pretty decent huh? I've enrolled for the fall semester so maybe I should check it out.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org