A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:32:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY PEOPLE HATE LAW STUDENTS  (Read 3444 times)
Rex
« on: August 09, 2008, 11:59:06 am »

A bunch of us went to OKC to party.  My buddy gets drunk and mouthy in Bricktown.  Manager asks him to leave.  Buddy throws beer in his face. Manager takes Buddy down in some Steven Segal move without hurting him. Tells him to calm down and leave (Bartender says Manager is ex airborne ranger). Buddy starts screaming about suing everyone and won't calm down.  Police arrive. Buddy shuts up and Manager lets him go. Manager is cool and says just wants Buddy to leave. Police are very cool, tell us to get him out of there.  We are all thankful and walking towards the door. Buddy turns around and walks up to police and starts cussing them, threatens to sue them and insults them, their families, their profession.  Buddy is now in the OK County jail and none of us will bail him out.

It was nuts.
MacGyver
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 12:16:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rex

Buddy is now in the OK County jail and none of us will bail him out.

I doubt he understrands it, but you're being a better friend than he deserves.

M
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:38:23 pm »

+1.  What a dude.  Maybe he will learn from this.  What kind of law is he studying?

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
AMP
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 01:24:16 pm »

"When I was 12, I killed a gopher with a stick."

Friend of mine shot a Gopher in my yard with his pellet gun, and the dog immediatly ate it.  

Next day it was turned into a dog turd.

Prime example of "You're Dog **** Dude"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:15:49 pm by AMP » Logged
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 03:31:28 pm »

Wow- sounds more like an issue of your friend being a total a**hole and not being able to hold his liquor, than being a law student. He gives others a bad name.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 09:10:49 pm »

Yep.  He's a turd.  Sounds more like a bad drunk than anything having to do with law school.  Let me guess, he either just finished his first year or is just starting.  

I went to law school.  There were a handful of people like him, who thought they were special somehow because they were in law school.  Most people that manage to get in are intelligent enough to know his course of action would not end well.

There are PLENTY of drunks in law school.  The ones like that should be hated (when drunk and/or acting that way).  Most the rest are too busy studying, working, and writing law journal articles to be such pricks.  IN all honesty, I studied more AND drank more in law school than ever before.  And never got arrested.

(the only guy who got arrested that I hung out with in law school got arrested for public intox.  He thought he was too drunk to drive so decided to walk to my house for the night.  An officer stopped him on his way and arrested him for public intox.  The police report said he was "very polite and cooperative."  Gotta wonder why you arrested him then.  I bailed him out.  Upon arraignment he got a refund (fine was less than the bail).  Man that was dumb.)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 09:28:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder
He thought he was too drunk to drive so decided to walk to my house for the night.  An officer stopped him on his way and arrested him for public intox.  

Your friend did the right thing by not driving (serious stuff) and was "appropriately punished". You gotta wonder about some of our laws.

KingMutt
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 11:34:27 pm »

The "airborne ranger" should have kicked this punk's butt up between his shoulder blades.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 07:08:16 am »

OKC is so gross and disgusting that your well-heeled friend thought that was normal behavior.
deinstein
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 01:31:18 am »

Yeah, I go to school with a bunch of these clowns. Or...at least they want to become law students.

Jokes on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org