A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:38:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siegi's Sausage  (Read 4989 times)
mrB
« on: June 25, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »

quote:

Siegi's Sausage Buys Sheridan Property for $1.1 Million

By Tulsa Business Staff - 6/25/2008

Siegi's Sausage House Inc. has purchased the former Johnnie's Express at 8104 S. Sheridan Road from Ownen and Ott Rentals.

Purchase price for the transaction, dated June 25, 2008 and containing land and building, was $1.1 million.

The property, zoned CS, contains 1.761 acres.

Siegi's Sausage House Inc. has operated a deli, retail outlet, and custom processing facility at 8988 H/J S Sheridan in the Chimney Pointe Shopping Center for more than 20 years. After new construction and renovations, Siegi's plans open the new facility in the Spring of 2009.

Dwayne Flynn with CB Richard Ellis represented the Seigi�s and Jim Stephens with Adwon Properties Inc. represented the seller in the transaction.

Tulsa Business Journal, Copyright © 2008, All Rights Reserved.

http://www.tulsabusiness.com/article.asp?lID=7&sID=8&m1=9&cID=Z&aID=429162602.9216425.617084.6663891.8368734.548&aID2=47459

I think most people know of Siegi's Sausage, but this will make them more visible! Now we just need a sausage/link/hotdog spot in MidTown/DownTown!

"Where's Der Wienerschnitzel?"

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:44:01 pm »

I don't know of them, fill me in!

We need a good sausage place in Midtown - since the one in front of Target closed a year or so back I have craved sausage for some reason.  Though, I admit being a less than loyal customer when they were open.  Always wanting what I can't have...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 01:53:41 pm »

If your looking for sausages in Midtown, then go to Grumpy's Garden on 15th near Owasso.  I was there today and pigged out literally on a smoked hotlink and a cheese Polish, both with mustard, relish and onions.  He is only there during the lunch hour and way better than pulling into the drive through at McD's, Whataburger or Captain D's or whatever is on the corner.  I don't know where he gets his sausages from but they have a nice snap to them and taste even better.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 02:03:18 pm »

Good for them getting out of the 91st and Sheridan traffic nightmare.
mrB
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 02:04:04 pm »

Siegi's Sausage is probably best known to Tulsans for their Octoberfest booth/stand. Selling locally made sausages. They make great sausages on premise at the current location. You got to be looking for them at Chimney Point. Not the most visible location. I wonder if they're moving the whole kit&kaboodle to 81st & Sheridan?

I truly, truly miss Don's Real Polish Sausage Market 1643 S. Yale east of Driller's stadium. In '03/04? Don's was bought, recipes and all, by an American Airlines guy who had been layed off. He didn't last long though. Had to file bankruptcy. Even with the recipes, I think he wasn't as good as Don's.

We really, really need a small joint like this in MidTown. It's a 'missing link' !!!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 02:30:56 pm »

$1.1 Mill???  That's a boatload of sausages.

Thanks for the tip on Grumpy's I'll have to try it.  Have they got a health permit?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
perspicuity85
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 02:44:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

If your looking for sausages in Midtown, then go to Grumpy's Garden on 15th near Owasso.  I was there today and pigged out literally on a smoked hotlink and a cheese Polish, both with mustard, relish and onions.  He is only there during the lunch hour and way better than pulling into the drive through at McD's, Whataburger or Captain D's or whatever is on the corner.  I don't know where he gets his sausages from but they have a nice snap to them and taste even better.

Just to clarify, you're speaking of Owasso Ave., not Owasso the town.  And I had no idea Grumpy's had food.  I'm assuming your talking about the same place that sells plants and chimineas, right?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:45:25 pm by perspicuity85 » Logged
joiei
City Father

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 02:58:53 pm »

Yes - 15th and Owasso Ave
Yes - the place with the plants and the pots
Yes - a great place to pick up a smoked on the spot sausage for lunch when the weather is nice like it was today.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
mrB
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 09:08:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

$1.1 Mill???  That's a boatload of sausages.

Thanks for the tip on Grumpy's I'll have to try it.  Have they got a health permit?

Tulsa Health Department inspections for Grumpy's. He uses a charcoal grill and quasi hotdog stand in the parking lot. He sets-up most fair weather days for lunch. Drive by, you'll know if the dogs are on the grill from the good smellin' smoke!

Concerning Siegi's cozy little spot. I've eaten there and you're basically sitting at a table in the middle of the store. Shoppers milling about, looking over the mustards and special German chocolate bars. I'm sure the place was fine at first when it was mostly a German meat mkt. but with the selling of prepared lunches etc. they need more room. The new location should allow them to have seating for food service plus an area for a 'meat/sausage' counter.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:12:29 pm by mrB » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 10:06:08 pm »

Thanks for posting, that's cool to know Grumpy's has the dogs and the HD likes them too.  Or, at least, approves. [}:)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 01:56:01 pm »

I made it by the new home of Siegi's and I must say that I am impressed.  It is a completely different eating experience.  Huge improvement over the old location.  

Here are some photo's of the new location:
http://www.tulsafoodblog.com/south-tulsa/siegis-sausage-factory-restaurant-new-location

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:01:57 pm by stageidea » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org