A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:05:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New season of Meerkat Manor  (Read 2238 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 06, 2008, 08:25:49 pm »

Just watched the new season on the Animal Planet channel.

It has moved on to the new generation. The wiskers are now led by Flowers daughter, RocketDog. She is trying to mate with a roving male, but her dad Zaphod keeps running them off. Her sister Maybelline, convinced six others to break away and form their own group, the Aztecs.

Of course, the rival gang, the Commandos have been getting stronger and bolder while the fourth tribe, the Zappas, keep getting closer and closer to their territory.

The female meerkats are always looking to have babies and use them to rise to power in their tribe. The males are aften just loners, trying to hook up and leave as fast as possible.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:39:24 pm »

Now now, I have seen only a few episodes, but several of the ones I have seen the males have had their little hearts broken when their female didnt return. Saw an episode the other day about the beginning, left off with one poor little guy lying outside alone on the mound at the entrance to his home, at night, looking all forlorne and sad. Refusing to go inside, wondering where his female was. Little did he know that she had been hurt by a hawk and was slowly dying, lost and all alone.  Every episode I seem to catch something horrible happens and I end up in tears. Dont think I will be watching any more episodes. I cant handle it.

Tell ya one thing though, watching this show can really bring home how important it is that we make sure the little critters of the world have plenty of places to live. You see how difficult it is just for their clan to cross a road and move to another place to live because of an encroaching desert. Regardless of whether you believe that people are having any influence on climate change, even if we werent, we should make sure that there is room on this earth for all Gods creatures,,, not box them into one spot or "preserve", then watch as that area becomes unliveable. Then we farm, build cities, roads, fences, dams, etc. all around those areas, making it far more difficult, if not impossible, for them to move some where else or live anywhere else. Life is difficult enough on them as it is, no need to make it far worse.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:43:55 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
OSU
Activist

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 11:07:54 pm »

I had a bad first experience with this show, my friends had raved to me about how funny and cute the show was and one day I saw it was on and tuned in. Within the first 5 minutes I was in love with the meerkats, then out of no where on of the young ones got carried away by an eagle or something, just couldn't watch it again.[Sad]

mamafrog
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 07:30:23 am »

The meerkats are back!!!

Can hardly wait to return to town and catch up!!

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:09:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Just watched the new season on the Animal Planet channel.

It has moved on to the new generation. The wiskers are now led by Flowers daughter, RocketDog. She is trying to mate with a roving male, but her dad Zaphod keeps running them off. Her sister Maybelline, convinced six others to break away and form their own group, the Aztecs.

Of course, the rival gang, the Commandos have been getting stronger and bolder while the fourth tribe, the Zappas, keep getting closer and closer to their territory.

The female meerkats are always looking to have babies and use them to rise to power in their tribe. The males are aften just loners, trying to hook up and leave as fast as possible.

For a minute, I thought you were describing a new show on the Sci-Fi channel or something...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org