A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:25:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFOs in Texas  (Read 4238 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: January 16, 2008, 01:45:42 pm »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/15/national/main3713630.shtml

Dozens Report UFO Over Texas Town
Many, Including Pilot, Constable Describe Similar Huge Craft Flying Low Over Stephenville

Did Texans Witness A UFO?
Residents of Stephenville, Texas, describe seeing a string of lights in the sky doing strange things and are calling it a UFO. No Air Force planes were in the area, as Joel Brown reports.

(AP) In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people - including a pilot, county constable and business owners - insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

Sorrells said he's seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of Jan. 8, when many sightings were reported.

Lewis said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes. Lights from the aircraft would seem unusually bright and may appear orange due to the setting sun.

"I'm 90 percent sure this was an airliner," Lewis said. "With the sun's angle, it can play tricks on you."

I think it must be some kind of military craft — at least I hope it was.

Lee Roy Gaitan,
Erath County ConstableOfficials at the region's two Air Force bases - Dyess in Abilene and Sheppard in Wichita Falls - also said none of their aircraft were in the area last week. The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.

About 200 UFO sightings are reported each month, mostly in California, Colorado and Texas, according to the Mutual UFO Network, which plans to go to the 17,000-resident town of Stephenville to investigate.

Fourteen percent of Americans polled last year by The Associated Press and Ipsos say they have seen a UFO.

UFO sightings have been reported all over the world for centuries, including the infamous 1897 crash of a cigar-shaped object near the tiny Texas town of Aurora. While some thought it was a hoax, decades later investigators from UFO groups said evidence suggests the disfigured pilot's body buried that day was an alien.

In Chicago in late 2006, some United Airlines pilots and other employees reported seeing a saucer-shaped craft hovering over O'Hare Airport before shooting up through the clouds. But federal officials said nothing showed up on the radar and explained it as some type of weather phenomenon.

In 1997, dozens of people saw lights in a V-formation over Phoenix, a mystery that was captured on videotape and spurred calls for a government investigation. A few months later people reported a similar sight over Las Vegas.

One of the most famous cases was the 1947 crash on a ranch near Roswell, N.M. Although the government said it was a top-secret weather balloon, an Army officer who helped recover the debris came forward 30 years later claiming a cover-up, asserting that an alien spacecraft had crashed. Reports later surfaced that a base nurse told someone that autopsies were performed on aliens from the wreckage.

A few months after the New Mexico incident the U.S. Air Force started Project Blue Book, which investigated more than 12,600 reported UFO sightings - including 700 that were never explained - before the program ended in 1969.

Erath County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan, who said he isn't sure about the existence of UFOs, said one night last week he first saw red glowing lights and then white flashing lights moving rapidly across the sky.

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft - at least I hope it was."

Power is nothing till you use it.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:59:18 pm »

Money quote:

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

mr.jaynes
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 02:00:03 pm »

So did they see any alien life forms walking around? Did they have like, really huge craniums and almond-shaped eyes, as they are depicted in so many cartoons?
Hawkins
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 02:59:58 pm »

This happened in a rural area, but not far from the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

It could be military--one guy, looking at it through his rifle scope--said it had a seemless design, and to me this means its construction could be extraterrestrial, or it could be a new type of government craft with a stealth skin, kind of like what the F-22 Raptors are covered with.

There's a link to a longer story about it on the Coast to Coast AM website.

I hope its not one of ours. I'd love to hitch a ride on one someday, and get away from all you crazy people! [Cheesy]

--
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 03:07:30 pm »

You know...all this comes right after this new book comes out complaining about Tom Cruise and Scientology.

Aliens are part of that religion...you don't suppose...

Power is nothing till you use it.
waterboy
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 03:11:50 pm »

Strange that in an age of digital cameras everywhere, including on cell phones, and there are no pics of this mile wide UFO? Just seems curious.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 07:01:46 pm »

If they didnt mind being seen they wouldn't "sneak around". If they didnt want to be seen, you wouldn't see them. They certainly wouldnt have any need to abduct people or cows lol.

Look at how far our technology has advanced in 100 years. Can you imagine what it will be like in another 100 years?  Any beings on another planet will likely have a civilization thousands, hundreds of thousands, most likely MILLIONS of years more advanced. The likelihood that they are anywhere near the level of technological development we are is preposterous.

I can imagine our technology in a mere 100 years creating a machine the size of a gnat, that looks just like a gnat if you wanted, that could fly up to someone, bite them without them knowing, send back all their genetic data to a computer which then recreates the entire organism digitally. Its basic behavior, chemical responses, biological potential, etc. They could have a sattelite the size of a small rock that has the potential to see, log and count every person on the planet and catch every transmission. And thats just what I can imagine us being able to do in my lifetime. 500 years 1000 years from now,,, heck they can probably stay right on their planet and read our thoughts with some quantum, wachamacalit, cat-scan, thingamajiggy[Tongue] lol.

Flying around in some ship with lights? Abducting people and cows to poke, prod and perform odd experiments on? Riiiiiiiiiiight.  

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Steve
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 07:28:17 pm »

I personally don't believe there is anything as a UFO; it is a known object to someone, most likely in the federal government.

I watched a documentary recently on PBS 11 or maybe RSC 35 about UFO's, and the conclusion was that the US government has been involved in secret aircraft development for 70+ years, and all UFO sightings can ultimately be attributed to military tests.  I agree with this.  Some of these programs are so secretive that their very existance is verboten.  And the government never seriously denied the existance of alien UFO's, just to take away the spotlight from their own military activity.

I believe that there is intelligent, human-like life out there somewhere in this vast universe, but the probablility that they have visited our Earth is extremely remote, or nonexistant.  So-called UFO's are just military craft sightings, IMO.

grahambino
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:01:38 am »

I want to see a UFO.
I wouldnt even mind being abducted.
The probe i could certainly do without, though.

But seriously, I don't automatically discredit UFO sightings.  I try to keep an open mind.  Obviously there have been some hoaxes, but there have been some like the Phoenix lights that certainly make me believe.  Even the ex-gov. of AZ has came out and said he saw what everyone else did.  It lends credibility to me, but of course there's always going to be skeptics.  No problem w/ that.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 01:30:35 pm »

New form of border crossing I suspect.....

Wingnut
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 02:15:47 pm »

My jury is still out on this type of thing, but I would consider this substantial.....
http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/11/09/01935.html

There must be something to it for so many people to see stuff so often.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 08:31:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

New form of border crossing I suspect.....

Yeah, you can be sure it was probably full of illegals coming here to use all of our hospital emergency rooms, schools, welfare, food stamps, and white women.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org