A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 04:54:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bell's Dodgem Ride Collapses  (Read 2876 times)
PRH
« on: December 09, 2006, 06:26:24 am »

Bell's Dodgem ride roof has collapsed.  I wonder if it was safe to ride when the park was open?
tim huntzinger
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:27:31 am »

As safe as any could be would be my guess, Acts of God notwithstanding.

I think it also draws attention to how much the rides are worth.  $2M has been the rumor.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 12:07:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PRH

There are auto junkyards with $2M dollars worth of inventory too, but I wouldn't buy any of those cars.

Your comments so far a been stupid at best...

shadows
City Father

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 12:17:48 pm »

It can be looked up under the building codes the point of inertia required to compensate for snow storm of the last magnitude.  The  IPE building is being revaluated as the freak storms continue to grow as a part of global warming.  Down burst cannot be predicted until after they happen.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
AMP
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:44 pm »

All motorvehicles traveling on roads are running on used parts.
Daniel Wright
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 02:42:59 pm »

It really was not much of a roof if I remember.  It was some sort of translucent fiber glass panels.   It was not really structural.  And it was in bad shape last time I saw it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org