A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:50:19 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Billy Joe Daugherty passes  (Read 1583 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: November 22, 2009, 12:39:15 pm »

I just heard that Billy Joe Daugherty, the founding Pastor at Victory Christian Center died this morning.

I never went to his church, but listened to his commercial mini-sermons on local television for years. He was amazing. I loved the way he could take simple messages and tie them to each of our lives. At first, I was annoyed by him interrupting my morning preaching at me, sometimes evn turning the television off when he came on. I just am stubborn about faith and want to do it myself, and have to argue with other people's interpretation of everything, including religion.

Then I started hearing his words, While I still didn't agree or even understand all his messages, I became a fan of the way he said it. His tone, his flow, his endings were all poetic in ways that weren't fought by me anymore. While we had completely different opinions, I appreciated, even looked forward to his tv spots.

I wish that whatever faith finds our heart and mind, that we would want to embrace it and be able to explain it as he did. He was a credit to everything he believed in.

Billy Joe Daugherty will be missed. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:19:52 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyJId_620c&feature=related[/youtube]

RIP

Just say no to hate!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:25:35 pm by FOTD » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:25:46 pm »

Many lives have been changed and will be changed because of this gentle soul.

RIP, Billy Joe.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org