A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:21:20 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope for the Sinclair Building  (Read 17884 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 09:13:19 am »

Damn that's annoying. Actually, it is criminal. He doesn't live there and this is a fraudulent filing.

People whine and complain about frivolous use of the Courts, then do nothing even as they deal with it. SANCTION HIM, tack it on to the Judgment, foreclose on the property, sell it, keep as much of the money as possible. Hell, at this point one would expect the Court to act sua sponte.

At this point its up to the bankruptcy judge to show some balls and for the city attorneys to get aggressive.  If he does it again and especially if he signs off on lies under oath, sanction him and bar him and any of his companies from bankruptcy for several years.  It's one of the remedies for people who abuse the bankruptcy system with a series of frivolous filings.  The state courts cannot legally proceed on a sale unless and until the bankruptcy court acts first to dissolve the automatic stay.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 09:56:23 am »

Years ago, when nobody could track him down related to the Tulsa Club building, a neighboring business owner said that when Moroney was in town, he would sleep in the Sinclair building at night.  He'd park in the alley at night, and leave by 6:00 AM.

Pretty sure that doesn't qualify as a homestead exemption.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 12:24:09 pm »

Are we saying that this will stop the December 22nd auction or are we just expecting another BK filing?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 08:14:17 am »

For a homestead exemption to apply I think you have to occupy 75% of the building.

But as the poster above said, if a BK is filed - State judges are powerless to do anything until the automatic stay is lifted. Which is why someone should sanction his butt in the Federal Bankruptcy Court.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 09:00:07 pm »

Even if he files, there's an order exempting this property from the stay. The auction will go through unless he files an action in state court, and the district judge gets cold feet about the exemption.

All the City would need to do at that point is present the judge with a readily obtainable comfort order from the bankruptcy court.

No reason why the sale won't happen.

Gold
Citizen

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 11:12:07 pm »

I'd like to agree with you, but he's pulled this several times.  I'm afraid he will dig up another $5k retainer and hire someone to try another bankruptcy and automatic stay.  It's a joke.  Bar complaint?  Prosecute for sham process?
Gold
Citizen

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 11:51:09 am »

Auction didn't happen because Morony paid the tax debt.  Good for the city, but bad for downtown.  I think this guy actually likes trying to hold part of downtown hostage.  http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/sinclair-building-escapes-the-auction-block-for-the-fourth-time/article_3b3d72a2-2f20-5450-80e5-3d8821fbb4e2.html
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 12:39:32 pm »

For a bankrupt guy, that dude sure has a lot of cash on hand...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 01:11:13 pm »

Auction didn't happen because Morony paid the tax debt.  Good for the city, but bad for downtown.  I think this guy actually likes trying to hold part of downtown hostage.  http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/sinclair-building-escapes-the-auction-block-for-the-fourth-time/article_3b3d72a2-2f20-5450-80e5-3d8821fbb4e2.html

Damn
Gold
Citizen

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 03:02:30 pm »

For a bankrupt guy, that dude sure has a lot of cash on hand...

My thought exactly.  There should be repercussions with the bankruptcy courts.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 03:27:19 pm »

What a complete dick.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 08:57:39 am »

Now sue him for attorney fees.  I'm sure the City can muster a bill for $10k plus for attorney fees for this crap, generally awarded for suits on debt owed. Then move for sanctions in the bankruptcy court on the other issues.  Take this guy down.

Nothing but a deadbeat and a con-artist. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 09:42:38 am »

I'm thinking there is a side deal out there...

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 10:16:51 am »

Fingers crossed that he paid the $274k in assessments so he can sell it for a lot more to someone who's not a slum lord.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »

Years ago, when nobody could track him down related to the Tulsa Club building, a neighboring business owner said that when Moroney was in town, he would sleep in the Sinclair building at night.  He'd park in the alley at night, and leave by 6:00 AM.

Pretty sure that doesn't qualify as a homestead exemption.

I sorta met him briefly this year when he came to see how all of the Mayfest activity was messing up his vacant building.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org