A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:13:03 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Venture Capital.... By Inhofe..?  (Read 3223 times)
Rico
« on: October 22, 2007, 06:21:58 am »

Well I thought many would have been all over this story....

The idea Senator Inhofe refers to is a classic example of the free market system at work..

No wonder he wanted his Political life left out of the plan... Seems a tad bit liberal for his set..

For those that enjoy true "irony"... Nothing like Roscoe and Inhofe being on the same side..
[Wink]
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 08:13:17 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

The idea Senator Inhofe refers to is a classic example of the free market system at work..

No wonder he wanted his Political life left out of the plan... Seems a tad bit liberal for his set..

For those that enjoy true "irony"... Nothing like Roscoe and Inhofe being on the same side..
[Wink]

Read my reply under the story.

What exactly do you see as his idea to develop the river?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
tim huntzinger
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 08:56:49 am »

Is Inhofe senile? He refers to the 'dams' he got done, and thinks the River could really use a monorail! Not only that, but he pooh-poohs the idea of needing studies before any development can occur.

Senator Ahab . . .
Rico
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 09:57:55 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:

[Wink]

Read my reply under the story.

What exactly do you see as his idea to develop the river?

River Development in and around the Downtown area seems to, more than anything else, hinge on the land acquisitions around 21st Street West... The Concrete Plant, City Public Works, Slumlord Housing, etc.
His idea, though he did not elaborate in great detail, seems to be complete land acquisition of the land on the West Bank.(One Package)
These funds acquired through a loan.... The land is acquired immediately will increse in value...

Sold or long term leased to Developers.

These funds in turn used to fund the INCOG Plan... Dams.. Etc.
As I said, he did not elaborate much on the idea, there is likely much more to it than that...

for lack of time... one comment on Mister Huntzinger's remarks.

Inhofe is not... nor will he ever be a Politician that I like.
The idea.... regardless of how it may have been quoted in the World.. and under what circumstances..(jet lag, being pressed for specifics, etc.)
Is fundamentally the way "Venture Capital" is supposed to work..

I will not be throwing stones at Jim Inhofe until he is done laying out the idea and the players.. and maybe not then.

The one that may or may not be deserving of the harsh looks when it is all said and done... Just may be Mister Conditional Philanthropy himself... George the K.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:58:03 am »

I remember how Inhofe paid for his dam.

He condemmed land owned by Tulsans and then resold the property to an out-of-state company to build apartments. They made a donation to build the dam, but we taxpayers have paid millions to maintain it ever since.

Why would we trust anything that this man wants to do with this river?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Rico
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 10:02:35 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

He condemmed land owned by Tulsans and then resold the property to an out-of-state company to build apartments. They made a donation to build the dam, but we taxpayers have paid millions to maintain it ever since.

I would much rather give Randi and company a blank check.... Not

I do not think it has been stated that Inhofe will be involved in this at all... Other than the idea.

One question Mikey...?

Read your thing regarding recycling at the Fairgrounds....

What is one to do with the ammunition larger than Fifty Caliber.? [Cheesy]
T-Town Now
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 10:05:02 am »

Inhofe.

It would be hard to find someone less capable, more out of touch, and more of a politician.

The man is a disgrace, and has done nothing for Oklahoma!

He does not represent me.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 11:46:36 am »

quote:
What is one to do with the ammunition larger than Fifty Caliber.? [Cheesy]

I will start a new topic...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 01:50:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Who would/will pay for millions to maintain dams and other improvements after they are built in the future?  Taxpayers.

I didn't hear you chastising Ms. Miller et. al. over that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org