A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:05:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhymes with "Stitt"  (Read 37472 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2021, 10:43:51 pm »

https://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/fauci-fully-vaccinated-definition-changing-include-boosters/story?id=81299248

Fauci could change fully vaccinated to include the regimen of boosters. 

I hope he does.

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2021, 11:02:18 pm »

No.  Here is the story before the MAGA enhancements:

Why did CDC change its definition for ‘vaccine’? Agency explains move as skeptics lurk

Social media is calling bluff on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for modifying its definition of the words “vaccine” and “vaccination” on its website.

Before the change, the definition for “vaccination” read, “the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.” Now, the word “immunity” has been switched to “protection.”

The term “vaccine” also got a makeover. The CDC’s definition changed from “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease” to the current “a preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases.”

Some people have speculated that the unannounced changes were the CDC’s attempt to hide the fact COVID-19 vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing coronavirus infection. U.S. Representative Thomas Massie (R) of Kentucky said in a popular tweet the CDC has “been busy at the Ministry of Truth.”

However, a CDC spokesperson told McClatchy News the “slight changes in wording over time … haven’t impacted the overall definition.”

The previous definitions could have been “interpreted to mean that vaccines were 100% effective, which has never been the case for any vaccine, so the current definition is more transparent, and also describes the ways in which vaccines can be administered,” the spokesperson said.

“It’s also important to note that the modifications to the definition of ‘vaccine’ don’t change the fact that vaccines and the act of vaccination has prevented millions of illnesses and saved countless lives,” the spokesperson said in an email.

There remains the misconception that COVID-19 vaccines were designed to prevent infections altogether, leading people to believe the vaccines aren’t working as they should when they learn about breakthrough infections among the vaccinated.

But the coronavirus vaccines are doing exactly what they were designed to do, which is to prevent severe disease, including the need for hospitalization, and death — even in the presence of more dangerous versions of the virus such as the delta variant.

While data show the coronavirus shots are preventing infections in many outbreak scenarios, the fact breakthrough infections are happening doesn’t suggest failure, experts say.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html

https://technofog.substack.com/p/cdc-emails-our-definition-of-vaccine

The changes on the definition of vaccine. The prior CDC Definitions of Vaccine and Vaccination (August 26, 2021):

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

The CDC Definitions of Vaccine and Vaccination since September 1, 2021:

Vaccine: A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but some can be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.

Instead of immunity it was suggested that it be changed to protection.  

The change of the “vaccination” definition was eventually approved on August 31. The next day, on September 1, they approved the change to the “vaccine” definition from discussing immunity to protection

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1435606845926871041
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 11:08:54 pm by whoatown » Logged
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2021, 11:13:44 pm »

I hope he does.

Would preparation really fit with a booster shot?  You already had the preparation on the first shot, but the booster shots are no longer preparations.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2021, 11:29:37 pm »

Would preparation really fit with a booster shot?  You already had the preparation on the first shot, but the booster shots are no longer preparations.

Really?Huh?  Did you pass Jr High School grammar class?

At some point, communication relies on people speaking a common language.  You are clearly lacking in those skills.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2021, 11:56:36 pm »

The change of the “vaccination” definition was eventually approved on August 31. The next day, on September 1, they approved the change to the “vaccine” definition from discussing immunity to protection

People like you are the reason for changing the definition.  If only ONE person in the world catches Covid19 after vaccination, "immunity" changes to "protection".  Nevermind that most of the world is "protected" from catching Covid19 by vaccination.

I was really trying to refrain from this but are you really that STUPID?

whoatown
Activist

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2021, 09:53:35 am »

Really?Huh?  Did you pass Jr High School grammar class?

At some point, communication relies on people speaking a common language.  You are clearly lacking in those skills.

The vaccine is being referred to as a preparation.
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2021, 09:55:18 am »

People like you are the reason for changing the definition.  If only ONE person in the world catches Covid19 after vaccination, "immunity" changes to "protection".  Nevermind that most of the world is "protected" from catching Covid19 by vaccination.

I was really trying to refrain from this but are you really that STUPID?

The line there you highlighted was from the article, but I think they got something backwards.  It was vaccination that changed from immunity to protection, but instead they called it that the vaccine.  

But if you are vaccinated, it replaces the dependency on the (natural) immunity?  But now the vaccine is protecting you?  If (natural) immunity was able to protect you, would you actually need the protection of the vaccine?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 09:59:18 am by whoatown » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2021, 10:28:59 am »

The line there you highlighted was from the article, but I think they got something backwards.  It was vaccination that changed from immunity to protection, but instead they called it that the vaccine.  

But if you are vaccinated, it replaces the dependency on the (natural) immunity?  But now the vaccine is protecting you?  If (natural) immunity was able to protect you, would you actually need the protection of the vaccine?

All protections are not equal.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2021, 12:49:40 pm »

If (natural) immunity was able to protect you, would you actually need the protection of the vaccine?

That's a bet that about 5 million people worldwide have lost in a big way.  About 770,000 of those bet losers are formerly in the USA.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2021, 12:50:50 pm »

But if you are vaccinated, it replaces the dependency on the (natural) immunity?  But now the vaccine is protecting you?  If (natural) immunity was able to protect you, would you actually need the protection of the vaccine?

Gish Gallop Moment.

Again.  One trick pony with nothing real to contribute.  There, Red Arrow, I went that extra step for you.  And yes, that person is that Trumpy.

I think you should probably just keep depending on your natural immunity across the board....why use up resources someone else can make good use of.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 12:52:31 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2021, 02:55:44 pm »

All protections are not equal.
https://www.axios.com/biden-covid-vaccines-hurricane-preparedness-d06a3dbb-fefa-4954-bd52-1d0e70fdfb7d.html

The corona virus vaccine was so good it was supposed to protect me from hurricanes!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2021, 06:47:47 pm »

https://www.axios.com/biden-covid-vaccines-hurricane-preparedness-d06a3dbb-fefa-4954-bd52-1d0e70fdfb7d.html

The corona virus vaccine was so good it was supposed to protect me from hurricanes!

Another Russian Troll Moment.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2021, 07:04:23 pm »

No, that was supposed to be Corona Beer that protects you from hurricanes.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2021, 07:32:52 pm »

No, that was supposed to be Corona Beer that protects you from hurricanes.

Only when you have the lime.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2021, 07:37:29 pm »

Only when you have the lime.

No, you put the lime in the coconut.. Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org