A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:34:51 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brat Cart from Pork and Greens  (Read 3329 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: May 30, 2011, 06:53:17 pm »

They will be open for business tomorrow, Tuesday, at the downtown farmers market between 10 and 2. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:30:53 pm »

Explain the Brat Cart.  You have piqued my interest.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:54:56 pm »

Explain the Brat Cart.  You have piqued my interest.

I think that is where you can buy undisciplined children that their parents no longer want.   Grin

joiei
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:09:47 am »

Info on the Brat Cart,   Steve Green of Pork N Greens, the guy who raises his own pigs down in lower Broken Arrow is the guy responsible.  Thank goodness for Steve.  If you haven't had a breakfast brat at Cherry Street Farmers Market yet then your missing something darn good.
http://tulsafood.com/extras/farmers-market/breakfast-brats-at-the-cherry-street-farmers-market

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 09:40:12 am »

Speaking of sausage, I saw something interesting on DD & D last night.  A guy who grinds his own sausage, then rolls it in a corn husk like a tamale and smokes it.  That's one heck of an idea.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:08 am »

Speaking of sausage, I saw something interesting on DD & D last night.  A guy who grinds his own sausage, then rolls it in a corn husk like a tamale and smokes it.  That's one heck of an idea.

A number of comments being held back at this very moment...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 11:20:26 am »

I went by the cart on the Williams Green today with the intent of purchasing a brat.

I passed when I saw the $5 price tag.

They didn't look any different than the $4 brat from the Dog House in south downtown or the $3 brat I buy from the stands at home improvement store parking lots.

They didn't look any different than the $1.25 brat I buy from Seigi's and cook myself.

Why so expensive?

Power is nothing till you use it.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 11:49:27 am »

RM, I must've just missed you . . . I went by the cart today, too.  And shelled out my five spot for a brat.  It was definitely an encased meat of a certain quality, though $5 may have been too steep.

I picked up some produce, too, so it wasn't a lost cause by any measure.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 11:52:24 am »

I bought a loaf of bread and some wonderful salami and came back and made sandwiches for the office.

It sure is a lame Farmer's market. Three ladies selling plants, a guy selling homemade soap, two booths worth of birdhouses, one person selling vegetables, one selling bread, and one selling frozen meat.

And a $5 brat stand.  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:34:50 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 12:23:55 pm »

While this market is small, the number of venders picks up as more summer produce becomes available.  It is a very convenient source for downtowners to pick up some good produce mid-week to get by on until Saturday's Cherry St. Market.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 03:06:59 pm »

I went by the cart on the Williams Green today with the intent of purchasing a brat.

I passed when I saw the $5 price tag.

They didn't look any different than the $4 brat from the Dog House in south downtown or the $3 brat I buy from the stands at home improvement store parking lots.

They didn't look any different than the $1.25 brat I buy from Seigi's and cook myself.

Why so expensive?

Extortion?

Pay the $5 or they smash your windshield  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org