A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:43:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallin cuts top tax rate, says state revenue growth is enough.  (Read 113555 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2014, 03:28:21 pm »

Actually, I think Albertson’s was paying courtesy clerks $4 or $4.25 an hour at the time, early ’80’s.

Don't tell me you were working at Albertson's in the early/mid 80s...my cousin worked at the 21st/Memorial location for several years.  You might have crossed paths if that's the case.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2014, 09:02:35 pm »

Don't tell me you were working at Albertson's in the early/mid 80s...my cousin worked at the 21st/Memorial location for several years.  You might have crossed paths if that's the case.

51st & Harvard.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2014, 09:25:58 am »

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2014, 09:38:14 am »

Geee, that spike coincides with the surge in Iraq then drops by January '08 and the has gone up every year since now close to the price during the surge. Who was presid....... oh that's right, blame Bush.
Wait- OK,  stop & think in 2007 the democrats took over congress and everything went to heck in a hand basket, Bush wanted to open up more lands for drilling but the democrats in congress would not permit it. Nancy P became speaker of the house, is it any wonder things went to heck. Then in 2008 Obama ran for president a far left radical with Bill Ayers as his buddy and  Obama went to  church with the good Rev Wright as the minister. Like they say your known by the company you keep. The economy crashed in early 2009.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:41:13 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2014, 09:40:33 am »

No- Wait stop & think in 2007 the democrats took over congress and everything went to heck, Bush wanted to open up more lands for drilling but the democrats in congress would not permit it. Nancy P became speaker of the house, is it any wonder things went to heck.

Got it.  So when the republican is in office, it's the opposition speaker's fault.  When the Democrat is in office, it's the President's fault.

Actually, by that logic, it's Boozy McOrangeface's fault.  But I guess not, since he's a Republican.

You might be the dumbest person on the face of the planet.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2014, 09:49:56 am »

Got it.  So when the republican is in office, it's the opposition speaker's fault.  When the Democrat is in office, it's the President's fault.

Actually, by that logic, it's Boozy McOrangeface's fault.  But I guess not, since he's a Republican.

You might be the dumbest person on the face of the planet.
This is not rocket science just look around you, Oklahoma is booming, we have a robust economy anyone who wants a job can find one, and with more tax cuts coming our economy will grow and expand even more. Mary Fallin has Oklahoma humming like a well oiled machine, she did a great job as Governor and earned another term. The Red states are the states with growing economies, the blue states are in economic depressions why is that?

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2014, 09:50:43 am »

Wait- OK,  stop & think in 2007 the democrats took over congress and everything went to heck in a hand basket, Bush wanted to open up more lands for drilling but the democrats in congress would not permit it. Nancy P became speaker of the house, is it any wonder things went to heck. Then in 2008 Obama ran for president a far left radical with Bill Ayers as his buddy and  Obama went to  church with the good Rev Wright as the minister. Like they say your known by the company you keep. The economy crashed in early 2009.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: October 04, 2014, 09:54:05 am »

Damn you Swake I already used that in video form.  Maybe not in this post but it was in response to one of cabbage's posts.  Wink

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2014, 09:54:41 am »

This is not rocket science just look around you, Oklahoma is booming, we have a robust economy anyone who wants a job can find one, and with more tax cuts coming our economy will grow and expand even more. Mary Fallin has Oklahoma humming like a well oiled machine, she did a great job as Governor and earned another term. The Red states are the states with growing economies, the blue states are in economic depressions why is that?

It amazes me that not once have you cited any hard evidence of such...wait, it doesn't really amaze me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:57:18 am by Hoss » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2014, 09:56:47 am »

Damn you Swake I already used that in video form.  Maybe not in this post but it was in response to one of cabbage's posts.  Wink

With his track record I'm sure he's seen that many times.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2014, 11:43:12 am »

I am looking around and I don't see a boom?  I remember the last boom in Tulsa and this don't look like that.  Double digit population growth, wages skyrocketing, literally dozens of skyscrapers going up at once, airport bursting at the seams with traffic, etc. etc. Sorry, not seeing it.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2014, 12:38:54 pm »

I am looking around and I don't see a boom?  I remember the last boom in Tulsa and this don't look like that.  Double digit population growth, wages skyrocketing, literally dozens of skyscrapers going up at once, airport bursting at the seams with traffic, etc. etc. Sorry, not seeing it.

Tulsa and Oklahoma City are not booming, but I'll tell you three cities I've been to recently that are booming, and they are all liberal havens; Washington DC, New York and most especially, the San Francisco Bay area. All three are growing like crazy. I lived in suburban DC as a kid and it's not even recognizable anymore. The old rough and tumble district that I remember is largely gone replaced with thousands of mid rise condos and office buildings. All of lower Manhattan seems under construction. The new Hudson Yards project going in on the west side of Manhattan is only the largest private development in American history. The city of San Francisco is actually growing so fast the city is completely overwhelmed. There are towers going up everywhere and a there's a lot of tension in the city as long time residents and businesses are pushed out by skyrocketing rents.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »

The last booming salary increase I got was during  the late Carter / early Reagan Administrations.  I got a nice raise just to keep my salary up with the new hires.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2014, 03:32:38 pm »

There are towers going up everywhere and a there's a lot of tension in the city as long time residents and businesses are pushed out by skyrocketing rents.

I don't see that as a good thing.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #284 on: October 06, 2014, 02:36:18 pm »

You really don't get it do you?

And I keep forgetting to ask today.... what's a deiner??

I really can't see a connection between sauerkraut (German) and Manx verbs....but hey, who am I to say....

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:41:27 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org