A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:42:43 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dewey's Decimal System  (Read 14307 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 05:48:59 am »

Hopefully voters remember this in 2013, if not sooner...

I am still surprised Dewey won over Adelson.  And very happy how many votes upstart Mark Perkins received.  That's an interesting question, how would Mark Perkins be running the city right now?  Better than DeweySimonson I bet.

Fixed it for you.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2010, 08:53:35 am »

Fixed it for you.

It's likely trained monkeys could run the ci....wait a minute....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 08:55:31 am »

Hopefully voters remember this in 2013, if not sooner...

I am still surprised Dewey won over Adelson.  And very happy how many votes upstart Mark Perkins received.  That's an interesting question, how would Mark Perkins be running the city right now?  Better than Dewey I bet.

I started out as an Adelson supporter and moved over to Perkins after Tom had his public melt-down.  I suspect Tom would have retained some of Mayor Taylor's staff and kept her fiscal policies pretty much intact.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 09:06:43 am »

I started out as an Adelson supporter and moved over to Perkins after Tom had his public melt-down.  I suspect Tom would have retained some of Mayor Taylor's staff and kept her fiscal policies pretty much intact.

Of course, Perkins also had a bit of a meltdown the week before the election. Remember that awful video he made to address criticism leveled at him? ... the video that was so bad and disheveled that it was pulled?

And what has Perkins even done since November? Anything?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 09:09:36 am »

Of course, Perkins also had a bit of a meltdown the week before the election. Remember that awful video he made to address criticism leveled at him? ... the video that was so bad and disheveled that it was pulled?

He went on vacation. In politics it's best to lay low and keep your mouth shut and wait for the recent winner to do stupid things. Of course, not sure what he's waiting on in this case.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:41 am »

I confess I did not see the video.  There was no way I could vote for Bartlet (sic) as I could pretty much figure out how the office would be run, I suspected he would spend a fair amount of time tending to Keener Oil & Gas, and I think that's what's happened and why Simonson is pretty much running the city.  I think Sen. Adelson has been a good advocate for Tulsa in the state Senate, I seriously started to doubt his administrative skills under pressure.  That's a major requirement to be a mayor of a city the size of Tulsa.  In Bartlet's (sic) case, he seems oblivious enough that he can lay that pressure off on Mayor Simonson and the rest of the executive staff.

People gave Mayor Taylor a hard time about having a residence in Ft. Lauderdale and spending a fair amount of time there.  There was never a point in her administration though that I ever felt her attention was divided.  She's probably one of the more driven people I've met in my life.  I detested her from before she was elected until about a year into her term when I had the opportunity to actually meet her, attend meetings with her, and have her help with some projects.  Her work ethic was amazing and I truly feel like she had Tulsa's best interests at heart even if some things didn't make a whole lot of sense to the average middle class Tulsa citizen.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 09:23:44 am »

I confess I did not see the video.  There was no way I could vote for Bartlet (sic) as I could pretty much figure out how the office would be run, I suspected he would spend a fair amount of time tending to Keener Oil & Gas, and I think that's what's happened and why Simonson is pretty much running the city.  I think Sen. Adelson has been a good advocate for Tulsa in the state Senate, I seriously started to doubt his administrative skills under pressure.  That's a major requirement to be a mayor of a city the size of Tulsa.  In Bartlet's (sic) case, he seems oblivious enough that he can lay that pressure off on Mayor Simonson and the rest of the executive staff.

People gave Mayor Taylor a hard time about having a residence in Ft. Lauderdale and spending a fair amount of time there.  There was never a point in her administration though that I ever felt her attention was divided.  She's probably one of the more driven people I've met in my life.  I detested her from before she was elected until about a year into her term when I had the opportunity to actually meet her, attend meetings with her, and have her help with some projects.  Her work ethic was amazing and I truly feel like she had Tulsa's best interests at heart even if some things didn't make a whole lot of sense to the average middle class Tulsa citizen.

I agree with you about Taylor. And I agree with you about Bartlett and Adelson.

As for the video, my God ... you could tell that Perkins seems to be on the verge of a breakdown. I'm sure that one of his supporters begged him to pull it because of reactions like mine. Any thought from me of voting for him vanished when I saw it.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 09:31:57 am »

When's the next lunch?  I'll do my best to make it and bring thep petition to sign for the recall!!!

I haven't seen it yet, but I am pretty sure money to pay for his staff is going to come from the police department since they are under even their reduced budget, how lovely, we can't bring even one officer back, but we can pay for his staff . . . URGH!

Rico
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 11:41:37 am »

When's the next lunch?  I'll do my best to make it and bring thep petition to sign for the recall!!!

I haven't seen it yet, but I am pretty sure money to pay for his staff is going to come from the police department since they are under even their reduced budget, how lovely, we can't bring even one officer back, but we can pay for his staff . . . URGH!

During the period the Tulsa World was preparing to demo the Skelly Building..... There was a Forum member that had the "Petition vs. Demolition" posted on the net. Sgrizzle would remember the details.
Why can we not post the Petition to do away with the current regime in the same way?

For the first time, since I moved back to Tulsa, I have been looking at moving.

I don't know that I can stand this fellow over a full term.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 11:53:58 am »

I knwo there are a lot of people out there looking for a recall petition to sign.  Perhaps a petition signing party would get quiet a few signatures, especially if you can get the word out. 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:04 pm »

During the period the Tulsa World was preparing to demo the Skelly Building..... There was a Forum member that had the "Petition vs. Demolition" posted on the net. Sgrizzle would remember the details.
Why can we not post the Petition to do away with the current regime in the same way?

For the first time, since I moved back to Tulsa, I have been looking at moving.

I don't know that I can stand this fellow over a full term.

As I understand it, online petitions are not valid in legal matters... nor did they save Firefly.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 09:06:07 pm »

Twenty years ago the people were so proud of their change of government by a long campaign and two attempts to institute a strong mayor/weak council.  You have got the strong mayor who has the authority under charter to hire 16 “at will” employees  (patronage rewards) not subject to the  civil service department.  Now if the council calls his bluff on additional budget changes and he appoints these patronage persons to other departments will their employment be subject to the civil service department?  Would they become permanent city employees?

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org