A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:37:27 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) QT Park - 41st & Riverside  (Read 67521 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2009, 07:29:39 am »

And April is the new January.

The trail from the Pedestrian bridge to 41st is open now. The QT park and the trail to 58th St should be open in April. 61st to 71st is up next.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2009, 08:18:24 am »

September, April . . . whatever.  We had a really harsh fall and winter (actually, wasn't it mild and dry?).  I haven't heard any discussion of what the actual holdup was.  Also, there was no mention of the 6 month delay int he story . . .

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:33 am »

From the amount of work going into it, I think previous timelines were a bit foolish. At least it will be open for the summer.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2009, 05:11:32 pm »

Yea, we all knew about how long it would take... Dont know why they fed us that line that they did. Go figure. But anywhoo lol.  Its a great addition to the River Parks. Glad to see its almost done..

And Thank you QT!

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2009, 10:32:00 pm »

September, April . . . whatever.  We had a really harsh fall and winter (actually, wasn't it mild and dry?).  I haven't heard any discussion of what the actual holdup was.  Also, there was no mention of the 6 month delay int he story . . .
I thought I remembered on the news a while back that they had delays from passing inspection and dealing with unforeseen river bank erosion (what did they expect from tree removal). Regardless, they've been working on that covered picnic area since last year and I've seen people work on it daily on my drive home....it seriously can not be that hard. Hopefully, they can at least commemorate their 51st anniversary.

Nic Nac
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2009, 08:17:32 pm »

What does everyone think about the park now that it is complete?

I thought the water features were going to be a little more extensive but overall I think it turned out nice.  It's an inviting and usable space.

One thing struck me as odd though.  It looks as though the tree wells lining the bike / jogging may have been incorrectly placed.  As they are now one row of trees blocks a lane of traffic on the path.  This could have been intentional to slow traffic through this area but the offset of the East row of trees makes me think it was a mistake.  Thoughts?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2009, 08:39:29 pm »

I think it's a great addition, and the new separate walking/jogging and bike trails are fantastic.  Once all of these new trails are complete on the east bank it will be one of the nicest continous trails anywhere.  Tulsa is very lucky to have such a nice trail network that keeps getting better and more extensive every year.

About the park, I know some have commented about how this basically nixes the plan to build a 41st St. bridge.  Maybe a road bridge, yes, but a pedestrian bridge could still be built across the river at this location.  It would be nice to have another link between the east and west banks as right now you either cross at the ped. bridge or at the 71st bridge over 4 miles to the south.  Definitely not a top priority by any means but could make a nice addition to River Parks in the future...

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2009, 10:00:18 pm »

Yes, you could walk to the other side and see whats going on at the Arrow Trucking warehouse Smiley

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2009, 09:25:06 am »

I think it's a great addition, and the new separate walking/jogging and bike trails are fantastic.  Once all of these new trails are complete on the east bank it will be one of the nicest continous trails anywhere.  Tulsa is very lucky to have such a nice trail network that keeps getting better and more extensive every year.

About the park, I know some have commented about how this basically nixes the plan to build a 41st St. bridge.  Maybe a road bridge, yes, but a pedestrian bridge could still be built across the river at this location.  It would be nice to have another link between the east and west banks as right now you either cross at the ped. bridge or at the 71st bridge over 4 miles to the south.  Definitely not a top priority by any means but could make a nice addition to River Parks in the future...
Yes, the separate bike & jogging trail are great but  they do merge into one trail and then back out to a separate trails and then they merge back into a single trail, my biggest problem is careless dog owners, maybe build a doggie zone... The new area looks  nice but it was expensive, IMO I'd rather have more money spent on building a  cross over bridge for the river and also build a full trail on the west bank, I'd also like to see the trail go farther south from 101st street... I'd rather have the money spent on more trails and wider trails than just fancy frills, after all the trails are the biggest draw to the river parks. But that's just me. Lips sealed
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:27:16 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2009, 09:58:00 am »

Yes, the separate bike & jogging trail are great but  they do merge into one trail and then back out to a separate trails and then they merge back into a single trail, my biggest problem is careless dog owners, maybe build a doggie zone... The new area looks  nice but it was expensive, IMO I'd rather have more money spent on building a  cross over bridge for the river and also build a full trail on the west bank, I'd also like to see the trail go farther south from 101st street... I'd rather have the money spent on more trails and wider trails than just fancy frills, after all the trails are the biggest draw to the river parks. But that's just me. Lips sealed

Yep, that's just you....and you STILL don't live here, so quit posting without disclaimers like you do.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2009, 11:13:07 am »

I ran an extra two miles in the rain on Saturday to get a look at the new park...its very nice. I particularly like the overlook deck.

I don't think that they have completed all of the water features..the "lazy river" is still to come (or I could be wrong).

A pedestrian bridge at 41st would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2009, 08:24:46 am »

I ran an extra two miles in the rain on Saturday to get a look at the new park...its very nice. I particularly like the overlook deck.

I don't think that they have completed all of the water features..the "lazy river" is still to come (or I could be wrong).

A pedestrian bridge at 41st would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.
Money is tight in "T" Towne. The budget needs to be cut. Any pedestrian bridge will have to be put on the back burner for now. Shocked

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2009, 08:29:07 am »

Money is tight in "T" Towne. The budget needs to be cut. Any pedestrian bridge will have to be put on the back burner for now. Shocked

Why don't you make the trip here and tell the city council that...oh, wait a minute...since you're not a resident of the city, your opinion won't matter.  Until you are, please stifle it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56:45 am »

Why don't you make the trip here and tell the city council that...oh, wait a minute...since you're not a resident of the city, your opinion won't matter.  Until you are, please stifle it.
I am in Tulsa, and I should of came by boat instead of plane. Lucky they are saying the rain is over and it should warm up to 81 degrees today. I spend alot of time in Tulsa. Cheesy

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2009, 09:19:08 am »

I am in Tulsa, and I should of came by boat instead of plane. Lucky they are saying the rain is over and it should warm up to 81 degrees today. I spend alot of time in Tulsa. Cheesy

Doesn't matter, you're still not a voting resident.

And have you looked outside if you're in Tulsa?  It better hurry if it's going to get to 81 today.  It's usually pretty easy to type in 'Tulsa Weather' in the Google....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org