A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:41:15 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barry Bonds  (Read 3782 times)
perspicuity85
« on: May 09, 2007, 03:25:07 pm »

For baseball fans:
Do you think Barry Bonds deserves the home run crown?  What are your thoughts on Curt Schilling's recent statements to the media concerning Bonds?
iplaw
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 03:31:55 pm »

I think Hanks' response has been appropriate.  Nothing like a roid monster destroying the greatest feat in baseball history.  No wonder nobody watches MLB anymore.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:49:15 pm »

Clearly he deserves it by virtue of hitting more home runs.  It's as simple as that.  

However, I think he cheated to obtain it - looking at the obvious body of evidence (pun intended).  So while he deserves it, I personally give him less credit.  Unless it is actually 'proven' that he cheated, its his. [Sad!]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
perspicuity85
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:58:41 pm »

^
Bonds has admitted to taking steroids, stating that he "didn't know they were steroids."  The Olympics does not allow athletes to get credit for medals earned while on steroids, so why should MLB?
I'm an avid baseball fan, and I really hate the way the steroid thing has negatively impacted the game.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 04:33:26 pm »

No way he deserves it...But he will get it.... If I was pitching it would not be from my hand....Chin music is all he would see if it was me......I don't care if it cost me my job....

grahambino
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 09:13:26 am »

To Bonds' credit he does have a sweet swing & excellent vision.  Roids wont help you hit for average & win 8 gold gloves.

Rowdy
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 06:17:01 am »

First MLB and now the NBA...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org