A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:26:19 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do we want where the Camelot is?  (Read 7420 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 09:59:27 am »

So what happens on highway ROW when they come through and widen it?  I'm guessing that pushes back the frontage road some and would carve into the property?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:10:43 am »

I think it is going to be a massive Quik-Trip.

It could be a flagship store that also serves as a Visitor Center.

Power is nothing till you use it.
grahambino
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 12:29:11 pm »

a castle themed hotel...
oh wait.
jdb
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 01:13:11 pm »

...and punch in a cop sub-station, to the side.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 01:26:17 pm »

Im guessing the chicken restraunt is going to be taken out by the highway?

You could do some even bigger things with the Camelot land tho.  The other properties next door and the homes along Newport and 49th place would probably sell without much fuss.  Then you have about a block and a half by a block and a half to work with.

Luckily there is already a Walmart Neighborhood market just blocks to the north, otherwise, they'd be drooling all over this landmass.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by teddy jack eddy

How about putting "The Indian" statue where the Camelot stands?

As a roadside attraction it would be easy to find and see, and being so close to the Interstate it would attract a lot of attention.

Imagine the Indian statue welcoming people to a developed river area.

They could put a smoke shop in one foot and a liqur store in the other....

inteller
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 06:16:41 pm »

i think ICE should build an office there and hang a big sign thats says "Illegals, don't let the sun go down on you"
SoonerRiceGrad
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 12:41:55 am »

Here's what I want:

A transcendentalist meditation freak show. [}:)]

Call me crazy....
flybriz
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 07:57:36 am »

Well, my wife and I live at 50th and Quincy so we are quite close to the Camelot.  I'd like to see the chicken restaurant expand...  Become something of an "Incredible Pizza" with go carts and skee-ball... and all you can eat chicken.  mmmmmm.  Seriously, the visitor center idea sounds pretty sweet...  We don't need another bank, convenience store, nor coffee shop in the vicinity.  As long as I'm wishing, my vote would be for a World Market.  That's pending, of course, the legalization of wine sales in grocery stores.  Second to that, the Hampton Inn idea sounds good - anything to put that ugly Super 8 out of business.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org