A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:09:02 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitt Romney Pals Around With Racists  (Read 12738 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 01:26:06 pm »

Hyde Park. Isn't that in London?

Hyde Park Shopping center in Chicago.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 01:31:19 pm »

Let’s see, what was Obama’s military service again?

There were no wars taking place during his possible internment.

I am always petrified at the responses to defend RMoney where there is no defense.

You'd think educated people would know...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2012, 01:44:24 pm »

I am always petrified at the responses to defend RMoney where there is no defense.

Four to eight years in the military might have taught President Obama some leadership skills.  Heaven only knows he didn’t get any from anywhere else he’s occupied his time unless bogarting someone else’s joint is considered a leadership trait.

Funny, liberals think dodging the draft is something to be admired unless it was a Republican who did it. 

At least Romney has a track record of leadership he can bring to the office.  I don’t see anyone attacking that, only his religion, loose associations with supposed racists (Trump must be racist because he’s a birther) and anywhere from mining only the negatives out of the PE business to completely mis-characterizing his role at Bain.

Running scared yet?  No landslide for the POTUS in November when he has to stand on his record from the previous four years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2012, 01:48:01 pm »

Four to eight years in the military might have taught President Obama some leadership skills.  Heaven only knows he didn’t get any from anywhere else he’s occupied his time unless bogarting someone else’s joint is considered a leadership trait.

Funny, liberals think dodging the draft is something to be admired unless it was a Republican who did it. 

At least Romney has a track record of leadership he can bring to the office.  I don’t see anyone attacking that, only his religion, loose associations with supposed racists (Trump must be racist because he’s a birther) and anywhere from mining only the negatives out of the PE business to completely mis-characterizing his role at Bain.

Running scared yet?  No landslide for the POTUS in November when he has to stand on his record from the previous four years.

Wrong thread...this should be under "YOU PEOPLE HATE OBAMA".... there's a common denominator. Kiss
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 01:48:46 pm »

At least Romney has a track record of leadership he can bring to the office. 

Was it good leadership?

Would he show leadership or will he just roll over and show his belly to the Tea Party and socially conservative lobbyists?

Not sure why anyone's defending either side really.  They're not looking out for you or me.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2012, 03:52:58 pm »

They do know.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 04:26:00 pm »

Since this thread is about Mitt, here is a good story about banks and whistleblowers and how Mitt has said he wants to repeal the law that made it possible to get Citicorps attention - even if just for a few minutes....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/woman-who-couldn%E2%80%99t-be-intimidated-by-citigroup-wins--31-million.html?page=1

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »

he wants to repeal the law that made it possible to get Citicorps attention - even if just for a few minutes....

This isn't new. After CSX's negligence killed a few folks on an Amtrak train, they handed the bill to the government (yes, the law exempts the host railroad for any liability whatsoever) and had Florida law changed so that future suits could not be brought should CSX's future failure to maintain track and switches kill more people.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2012, 05:43:56 pm »

Commander in Chief

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2012, 07:33:55 pm »

I liked it when President George H.W. Bush appointed Dick Cheney Secretary of Defense. Cheney had been given five draft deferments and never served a day in the military. When he was appointed he was quoted saying, "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service."

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2012, 01:54:16 pm »

I liked it when President George H.W. Bush appointed Dick Cheney Secretary of Defense. Cheney had been given five draft deferments and never served a day in the military. When he was appointed he was quoted saying, "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service."

Yep!  So did 55,000 other guys.  Too bad they didn't have the privileged environment to exercise those priorities, huh?

Don't forget Rush Limbaugh, and Ted Nugent.  Plus Baby Bush, whose Daddy got him the soft seat where he didn't even have to show up except to play with airplanes!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2012, 02:09:24 pm »

Yep!  So did 55,000 other guys.  Too bad they didn't have the privileged environment to exercise those priorities, huh?

Don't forget Rush Limbaugh, and Ted Nugent.  Plus Baby Bush, whose Daddy got him the soft seat where he didn't even have to show up except to play with airplanes!!

And Joe Biden who got five deferments then finally got out of it altogether due to asthma he supposedly suffered from way back in high school...

Did you serve?  You were from that era, yes?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2012, 06:32:36 pm »

And Joe Biden who got five deferments then finally got out of it altogether due to asthma he supposedly suffered from way back in high school...

Did you serve?  You were from that era, yes?

Yep, Biden, too!!

As well as anyone else - on either side - who was wanting to stay out but was NOT willing to accept the consequences of refusal to serve.  I have a lot more respect for the "draft dodgers" who stood up for their beliefs and did time or received other adverse consequences, than for any of those type clowns. 

Yep, I am from that era.  I have mentioned winning the lottery before - # 325 - before that, a close family friend, who was on the Tulsa draft board, was foaming at the mouth to get me drafted.  And got tear gassed at TU one time during a 1968 moratorium (protest) event, so I got to experience the "chemical warfare" part of basic training.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2012, 10:33:54 pm »

Yep, Biden, too!!

As well as anyone else - on either side - who was wanting to stay out but was NOT willing to accept the consequences of refusal to serve.  I have a lot more respect for the "draft dodgers" who stood up for their beliefs and did time or received other adverse consequences, than for any of those type clowns.  

While I respect the draft dodgers beliefs, they should not have been forgiven.   They made a choice.  They should have been exiled forever. I did not believe in the Viet Nam war any more than you believe in the actions in Iraq.  I chose to serve my country rather than desert it when the notice came from the draft board.

Yep, I am from that era.  I have mentioned winning the lottery before - # 325 - before that, a close family friend, who was on the Tulsa draft board, was foaming at the mouth to get me drafted.  And got tear gassed at TU one time during a 1968 moratorium (protest) event, so I got to experience the "chemical warfare" part of basic training.

Winning?  I suppose so.  I had number 38.  Getting tear gassed at TU in an open area is not the same as getting tear gassed in an enclosed space and being required to stay there without a mask until the Drill Sergeant (still in a gas mask) says you can go.  I've been there. You haven't.  I am a Viet Nam era veteran but do not claim to be a Viet Nam veteran as I didn't actually serve in Nam.  I have the National Defense Ribbon/medal to prove that I "joined" during a time of conflict.  The only thing you have a legitimate claim to is contributing to Nixon's decision to getting us out Nam before I had to go there.  Don't give me any "carp" about being subject to anything near to actual military service during the era.   I put up with a lot of "carp" from you but this is not one of those situations.  You were alive then but you were not forced to make "the" decision.  Your thoughts have NO relevance on this subject.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2012, 12:43:28 pm »

They should have been exiled forever.

As should the Supreme Court justices who have blatantly ignored the law and their own prior precedent to advance an ideological agenda. (both liberal and conservative, although it's been the conservative wing doing it my lifetime)

And the people who have evaded millions of dollars of tax, including the second President Bush.

If you're going after the folks who shirk their responsibilities, why quit with draft dodgers?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org