A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:31:46 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 250040 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2011, 07:41:28 am »

Explain the distinction between these please: Meth Lab, House of ill-repute, Republican Party Headquarters

Yes, this would be better than a surface lot.

House of ill-repute=GOP HQ

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2011, 07:42:42 am »

Oh. I mistakenly took them all for synonyms. My error.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2011, 08:59:41 am »

Explain the distinction between these please: Meth Lab, House of ill-repute, Republican Party Headquarters

Robby Bell's mom is partying like Hell then?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2011, 09:13:21 am »

Robby Bell's mom is partying like Hell then?

You sir, owe me:

1.  A new keyboard.
2.  A new monitor...

funny

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:35 am »

Agree totally. 

That lot seems like this huge black hole in between the CBD and Blue Dome.  It's like you have to walk through this open expanse to get to another area with any kind of density of development.

Something like you describe would really tie the CBD together with Blue Dome.

That is actually two parcels split north to south right in the middle.  The PAC Trust owns both of them.  If you want to hold an event on those lots (ie Dfest [RIP]) then the PAC Trust has to approve.

The lots to the south of the PAC is three parcels, all owned by the same LLC.

It would be great for a parking structure to be there.  It would serve PAC, OTC, Blue Dome and open the lot caddy corner to it for a hotel, again.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2011, 10:51:11 am »

That is actually two parcels split north to south right in the middle.  The PAC Trust owns both of them.  If you want to hold an event on those lots (ie Dfest [RIP]) then the PAC Trust has to approve.

The lots to the south of the PAC is three parcels, all owned by the same LLC.

It would be great for a parking structure to be there.  It would serve PAC, OTC, Blue Dome and open the lot caddy corner to it for a hotel, again.

Underground parking with a landscaped park for events above would be amazing.  The natural slope of that block could make creating such a garage/park more feasible with entrances on the lower 2nd St side.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:53:02 am by SXSW » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2011, 11:37:23 am »

Yes, this would be better than a surface lot.

I was just trying to think of some examples where you might prefer to have a surface lot.  I also figured the last one would get a few chuckles, which it has.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2011, 06:11:08 pm »

Haven't gotten on for a while and wow, look what happens! Can't wait to see the new renderings. This project just keeps getting more and more exciting.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2011, 02:27:26 pm »

Anything new for this?
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2011, 02:54:25 pm »

Anything new for this?

I'm really impatient for this to start.  Really really impatient. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:09 pm »

It's still happening, albeit slowly.  It's a design-build project with Flintco and Miles+Assoc. Architects, with One Place (Bob Eggleston) as the developer.  They are still working out a lot of issues with the site but should start tearing down the existing buildings along Cheyenne and then doing major site work for the tower in July/August.  

From what I've heard:

Starting this summer
- Cimarex office tower at 2nd & Cheyenne will be 18 stories with several levels of parking above a lobby/retail space
- Northwestern Mutual office tower will be 5 stories at 2nd & Denver with lobby/retail space

Still proposals/no firm start dates yet
- Hotel at 3rd & Cheyenne will be 8 stories with lobby on 3rd, structured parking along Cheyenne
- Mixed-use apartments with ground level retail/restaurant space at 3rd & Denver

Looking forward to seeing updated renderings soon.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2011, 03:06:40 pm »

Thanks, SXSW.  I'll stop fidgeting.

PS.  Any idea what sort of hotel they're planning?  I seem to remember it was a select service brand (Hilton Garden Inn or somesuch); is that still true?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:08:39 pm by we vs us » Logged
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2011, 03:15:52 pm »

It's still happening, albeit slowly.  It's a design-build project with Flintco and Miles+Assoc. Architects, with One Place (Bob Eggleston) as the developer.  They are still working out a lot of issues with the site but should start tearing down the existing buildings along Cheyenne and then doing major site work for the tower in July/August.  

From what I've heard:

Starting this summer
- Cimarex office tower at 2nd & Cheyenne will be 18 stories with several levels of parking above a lobby/retail space
- Northwestern Mutual office tower will be 5 stories at 2nd & Denver with lobby/retail space

Still proposals/no firm start dates yet
- Hotel at 3rd & Cheyenne will be 8 stories with lobby on 3rd, structured parking along Cheyenne
- Mixed-use apartments with ground level retail/restaurant space at 3rd & Denver

Looking forward to seeing updated renderings soon.

SKEEEET!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2011, 03:18:08 pm »

SKEEEET!

There's a visual
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2011, 03:54:22 pm »

SKEEEET!

I always thought "SKEEET" was short for "Lets go eat"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:05:30 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org