A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:56:14 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 382295 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2011, 11:06:35 pm »

Case in point:

At least Uncle Tedly's brain isn't soaked in old '07 and quaaludes. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 05:33:17 am »

http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

Minimum wage in 1980 was $3.10, worth $8.52 now.

In reality, about $ 4.41 - probably a little less by now.  And here is one normalized to 1996 dollars.  Much more realistic and actually shows some information.  Steady decline since 1980, except for a short time when we had economic stability and a small semblance of sanity for a few years.  Before Baby Bush tax giveaways to his richest buddies.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774473.html

From information here;
http://www.dol.gov/

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:45:47 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 05:42:10 am »

I wonder if Bocephus even votes or if he's the typical clueless celebrity who should just shut up and play their music?  Now to answer why people like Hank Jr. gets air time it follows with why we are so polarized:

Problem with polarity seems to be that the media, instead of simply informing sees politics as entertainment, sort of a blood sport, so they keep trying to seek out the most extreme elements to represent one side or the other and keep the ratings up.

Well, it's Hank!  What can you say?  Like father like son.  He seems to be channeling Toby Keith.  Or Baby Bush when he was drunk in public.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:46:41 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 07:12:11 am »

I wonder if Bocephus even votes or if he's the typical clueless celebrity who should just shut up and play their music?  Now to answer why people like Hank Jr. gets air time it follows with why we are so polarized:

Problem with polarity seems to be that the media, instead of simply informing sees politics as entertainment, sort of a blood sport, so they keep trying to seek out the most extreme elements to represent one side or the other and keep the ratings up.

Just the Foxes.....you don't see this on MSNBC or Current
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 08:32:11 am »

You've got me all wrong. I'm not judging, I'm observing. I am positive that there are other answers, and there are groups offering answers, but we haven't seen that with this group.  They obviously have things that they are against, but besides peace, love, and fellowship, they don't offer solutions.

Watch the interviews and you see that most of them are participating for the sake of participating. 

Gas... Seriously? "I'm not judging, I'm observing"? 

Right, wrong, or indifferent here is my view of this.  CEO's today make a lot of money.  There is nothing wrong with that.  But when you compare to yesteryear you see that the pay that CEO's receive is over 250x's that of the average worker, as compared to 42x's in 1980.  I am not going to sit here and say that they don't earn their money, but it is the perception that greed begins to run their decisions.  Right or wrong and based upon decisions by both Bush and Obama; We, the taxpayer, have kept many of these banks and corporations from failing.  We funded their bad business decisions.  And when there was an outcry about CEO compensation at these companies and banks, they went out of their way to pay back the loan so they could continue to make their money.  They did this whether or not they were in a sound business position to do so. 

What I see as the biggest complaint of this group is that the perception is that greed is running the market.  These groups of people depend on the American people to make a living; however, they do not care to take the American people into consideration when they are making questionable business decisions as long as they can put a dollar into their pocket at the end of the day. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 08:34:26 am »

Just the Foxes.....you don't see this on MSNBC or Current

You're kidding, right?

Madcow?

Olberdoosh?

Worst of the blood-sporters.  They are the Limpbaugh and Hannity of the left.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 09:54:04 am »

You're kidding, right?

Madcow?

Olberdoosh?

Worst of the blood-sporters.  They are the Limpbaugh and Hannity of the left.

They never allow hate speak....sorry to disappoint you. They may poke fun and mimic and be sarcastic but they all draw the line when it comes to lies and intolerance. Obviously, you do not watch these journalists preferring pathetic entertainment that conjures up the devil in people.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »

Gas... Seriously? "I'm not judging, I'm observing"? 

Right, wrong, or indifferent here is my view of this.  CEO's today make a lot of money.  There is nothing wrong with that.  But when you compare to yesteryear you see that the pay that CEO's receive is over 250x's that of the average worker, as compared to 42x's in 1980.  I am not going to sit here and say that they don't earn their money, but it is the perception that greed begins to run their decisions.  Right or wrong and based upon decisions by both Bush and Obama; We, the taxpayer, have kept many of these banks and corporations from failing.  We funded their bad business decisions.  And when there was an outcry about CEO compensation at these companies and banks, they went out of their way to pay back the loan so they could continue to make their money.  They did this whether or not they were in a sound business position to do so. 

What I see as the biggest complaint of this group is that the perception is that greed is running the market.  These groups of people depend on the American people to make a living; however, they do not care to take the American people into consideration when they are making questionable business decisions as long as they can put a dollar into their pocket at the end of the day. 

You hit the nail on the head! 

The practice of propping up a failing business, will always promote the very practices that caused that business to decline in the first place.

After failure our natural instinct is to add regulation and complexity because it convinces us that the failure was not our fault.  We feel that regulation and complexity will somehow remove poor judgment, but it does not, and we are forced to learn that lesson over and over again.

Failure is the most valuable teacher.

The economic miracle that has been the United States was not produced by socialized enterprises, by government-unon-industry cartels or by centralized economic planning. It was produced by private enterprises in a profit-and-loss system. And losses were at least as important in weeding out failures, as profits in fostering successes. Let government succor failures, and we shall be headed for stagnation and decline. – Milton Friedman

There can be no freedom without freedom to fail. – Eric Hoffer (1902-1983), The Ordeal of Change, 1964

Capitalism without failure is like religion without sin. Bankruptcies and losses concentrate the mind on prudent behavior. – Allan H. Meltzer

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. – Thomas Sowell

Simple, clear purpose and principles give rise to complex, intelligent behavior. Complex rules and regulations give rise to simple, stupid behavior. – Dee Hock

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2011, 12:47:47 pm »

They never allow hate speak....sorry to disappoint you. They may poke fun and mimic and be sarcastic but they all draw the line when it comes to lies and intolerance. Obviously, you do not watch these journalists preferring pathetic entertainment that conjures up the devil in people.

I've watched Olberdoosh's spittle-laced tirades more than once.  That boy is a psycho.

Madcow calling people Islamophobic or calling Tea Partiers racist isn't intolerant?  

Oh, and for those of you going south on Yale between 36th and 41st, there's a hand-scrawled "Occupy Tulsa" "Say no to big biz" banner on a fence on the west side of the road.  Looks like a pre-school project.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:51:04 pm by Conan71 » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 12:49:21 pm »

I've watched Olberdoosh's spittle-laced tirades more than once.  That boy is a psycho.

Madcow calling people Islamophobic or calling Tea Partiers racist isn't intolerant? 

Probably the phobics and the racists were intolerant.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011, 12:51:30 pm »

Probably the phobics and the racists were intolerant.

I'm intolerant of intolerance.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2011, 12:53:29 pm »

I'm intolerant of intolerance.

Indeed
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2011, 01:04:37 pm »

I've watched Olberdoosh's spittle-laced tirades more than once.  That boy is a psycho.

I like both.  Olbermann and Maddow have done more to establish the foundation of media bias than any other commentators. They are the Beck and Limbaugh of the liberal world, except without the audience.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2011, 01:33:56 pm »

I like both.  Olbermann and Maddow have done more to establish the foundation of media bias than any other commentators. They are the Beck and Limbaugh of the liberal world, except without the audience.

Neither of you have time watching these fine commentators because you're busy watching Roger Ailes' poondits.

They wouldn't need to be bias if their competitors were fair and balanced.

The Occupy WS fuel comes from a different place than talking points on right wing airhead waves. http://www.truth-out.org/fuel-occupy-wall-streets-fire/1317747834
"Ultimately, the Occupy Wall Street protests have already succeeded. The movement has successfully re-focused the nation’s debate on who ruined the economy and who should be targeted, shifting blame away from immigrants, unions, and other groups of working people, like public employees."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2011, 01:39:39 pm »

Regardless where this was compiled, the timeline speaks for itself:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM[/youtube]

And Hitler finds out he was pwn3d in the housing fall-out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmcf4Y3lGM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:46:07 pm by Conan71 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org