A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:43:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here blizzard, blizzard, blizzard!  (Read 73321 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 04:10:02 pm »

Sound the alarms! We could just possibly maybe see snow or ice or camels falling from the skies! Rush to the grocery store and stock up 'cause the resupply trucks won't be able to get over the mountain passes until...maybe Sunday.

We're on the edge of the winter storm watch zone, but the local news is already beating the drums for the semi-compulsory panic run for groceries.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 06:34:28 pm »

I have three cold 1/6 bbl kegs on tap. Two homebrew wonders and a McNellie's Pub Ale.  What else could we need?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 09:15:39 pm »

I have three cold 1/6 bbl kegs on tap. Two homebrew wonders and a McNellie's Pub Ale.  What else could we need?

A bit of mead.  Yummy stuff.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 09:29:54 pm »

Send your address by PM and I will be there, barring too much ice on the streets.

Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2013, 11:07:28 pm »

Send your address by PM and I will be there, barring too much ice on the streets.

Grin

Just got back from the hockey game.  Streets (even overpasses) seemed ok.  People were being very cautious everywhere I drove.  Didn't take long, but I had to stop at WallyWorld for icemelt since I ran out and forgot to go get some yesterday from my usual auto store.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2013, 11:25:02 pm »

Just got back from the hockey game.  Streets (even overpasses) seemed ok.  People were being very cautious everywhere I drove.  Didn't take long, but I had to stop at WallyWorld for icemelt since I ran out and forgot to go get some yesterday from my usual auto store.

You have some decent homebrew?  We could maybe be friends after all.

Cheesy

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2013, 12:37:00 am »

The oil industry has been mostly profitable but the only thing most of us see is the price of gasoline and that has several middlepersons involved.  Why did the price of gas go up $.10 today other than the weather report?  I doubt Exxon, etc caused that.

You arent allowed to make big markups in the prices of goods once the Governor declares an emergency, so it seems some pre-gouge in anticipation of an emergency.  They did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago when the last big storm was forecast (which just seems to drive business to the competition before they follow the new price). 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2013, 10:06:25 am »

Damn, our neighborhood is without power already.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2013, 01:26:33 pm »

They did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago when the last big storm was forecast (which just seems to drive business to the competition before they follow the new price). 

Not true, I pulled into QT just as they lowered the price 2 cents before the storm hit. I commented to the assistant manager who was changing the prices I was surprised they were going down instead of up.  He just shrugged his shoulders.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2013, 01:32:05 pm »

Not true, I pulled into QT just as they lowered the price 2 cents before the storm hit. I commented to the assistant manager who was changing the prices I was surprised they were going down instead of up.  He just shrugged his shoulders.

Don't burst his conspiracy bubble!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »

Gasoline goes up a dime Thursday night at QT's around town and you dont notice?  Seriously?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:55 pm »

Gasoline goes up a dime Thursday night at QT's around town and you dont notice?  Seriously?

Believe he was talking about the previous storm Patric.  Simma down.  Sheesh.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2013, 11:07:59 pm »

Believe he was talking about the previous storm Patric.  Simma down.  Sheesh.

Previous storm yep. 

This "storm", Up $.10

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:10 am »

Previous storm yep. 

This "storm", Up $.10

Last "storm" up $.15
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=19863.msg276189#msg276189

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2013, 06:48:59 pm »

I blame the police. Or:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMesx-CWbGk[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org