A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:47:42 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Landscape photography around Tulsa?  (Read 3545 times)
tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« on: December 23, 2008, 08:38:31 am »

I'd like to throw a couple new pictures on the wall, most of what I shoot photography wise is my kiddo and everyone elses kids/family/etc. I don't do a lot of landscape type stuff, but I'd like to have some of my own work hanging on the wall (other than pictures of my boy, which I have plenty of).

So, are there any good places around Tulsa and suburbs to get some good country (hills/trees/fences/sunset/etc) type shots? Some ideas other than downtown would be great. =]

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:47:39 am »

Indeed there are, one of my favorites is the Tulsa skyline from the west bank of the River, at a certain spot you can get a picture of the jogging trail the foreground and the Tulsa Skyline in the background, at sunset the colors look good on the skyscrapers and also at sunrise the effect can be nice. The exact spot will take some hunting around- the lens would need to be around 50mm.[Smiley]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 08:48:59 am »

Take a look at Wade From Oklahoma:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79704578@N00/

I first stumbled across one of his images that was taken along a road I travel frequently.  He saw it quite differently.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:49:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsacyclist

I'd like to throw a couple new pictures on the wall, most of what I shoot photography wise is my kiddo and everyone elses kids/family/etc. I don't do a lot of landscape type stuff, but I'd like to have some of my own work hanging on the wall (other than pictures of my boy, which I have plenty of).

So, are there any good places around Tulsa and suburbs to get some good country (hills/trees/fences/sunset/etc) type shots? Some ideas other than downtown would be great. =]

Woolaroc maybe?

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=woolaroc&w=all

http://www.woolaroc.org/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:46:15 am »

See if you can get to one of the upper floors of the 60 story CityPlex (by ORU).  If the windows are clean enough, you can get some good shots.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 04:37:56 pm »

I like the Osage Prairie Trail for pastoral shots . . .
Porky
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 07:55:03 pm »

If you want some great shots of downtown Tulsa I suggest going out to the golf course in Sand Springs.
If you want Wildlife, by all means go to Woolaroc like Hoss suggested.

Here's some pics I took of the deer at Woolaroc a couple of weeks ago.

http://blandosphotos.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=subjects&action=display&thread=16

Edited to add: Please Tulsa Now, give us a board on here for photography.[^]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 07:57:52 pm by Porky » Logged
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 01:34:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow

See if you can get to one of the upper floors of the 60 story CityPlex (by ORU).  If the windows are clean enough, you can get some good shots.

Do they allow people on the top floors of City Plex? Many skyscrapers since 09-11-01 have controled entry to the floors now, and some even closed the observation decks. The BOK tower only allows employees entry to the upper floors.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 12:16:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sauerkraut

quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow

Do they allow people on the top floors of City Plex? Many skyscrapers since 09-11-01 have controled entry to the floors now, and some even closed the observation decks. The BOK tower only allows employees entry to the upper floors.

The top floor is available for parties.  We had a company party there one time.  I also used to work on a floor above the two adjacent buildings. Good views.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org