A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:49:34 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QT Expansion 21st and Harvard  (Read 4245 times)
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 03:49:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by breitee

Why doesn't QT relocate to the opposite corner where May's and Warehouse Market used to be? The building is a pit anyway and they could probably take the old Long John Silvers building as well. Seems like there is more room to spread out on that corner.

This was brought up as an idea at Florence Park HOA, but we were told that the owner of the May's building has no interest in selling.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 04:50:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603
This was brought up as an idea at Florence Park HOA, but we were told that the owner of the May's building has no interest in selling.

Sadly that is true, with the owner would sell the building. No idea why they are "holding" it.

Thank you,
Robert Town
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 07:03:48 am »

La Fortune filed for a permit not long ago to turn that building into mixed office/retail.

And the Long John Silvers building has been a successful Mexican restaurant for many years - best in town IMHO.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:28:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

As mentioned in the other thread, this may be the last remaining old-style QT. They need to expand or close.

51st & Union is old too.

as is 51st and Mingo, A pain in the butt trying to get in and out.

51st and Mingo is new style, just old pumps. I'm still thinking 21st & Harvard is the only one with the 90's interior left.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 02:03:25 pm »

I just drove by the location.  2 of the houses that would be removed are boxy duplexes that hold little charm.  Plus they are pretty run down.  I don't think the neighborhood would miss them too much.  It looks like some of the homeowners on that block need to spend some time and/or money on fixing up their yards, just my opinion. Not the best block in that neighborhood.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 02:27:05 pm »

Yeah, everyone in that neighborhood is a deadbeat.

Conan.  ::nudge nudge::  [}:)]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 03:13:53 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

quote:

As mentioned in the other thread, this may be the last remaining old-style QT. They need to expand or close.

51st & Union is old too.

as is 51st and Mingo, A pain in the butt trying to get in and out.

51st and Mingo is new style, just old pumps. I'm still thinking 21st & Harvard is the only one with the 90's interior left.

yeah glenpool was that way too until a few weeks ago when they opened their new store.  It was odd going to the right to get a fountain drink.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org