A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:28:44 pm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 126395 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »

It appears the old Arrow Trucking HQ has something to do with the new trash service.  I drove past on my way in from lunch.  There’s a bunch of trash carts being delivered there and I also spotted some new trash trucks on the property.  Not sure if it’s simply a staging area or the new contractor will use it as a base of operations.  This is in the facility on the west side of Elwood.  Miller Trucking took over the old truck maintenance yard on the east side.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2012, 01:17:12 pm »

I put my trash out today. They picked it up. Riots and hoarding called off.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2012, 01:42:00 pm »

well, we missed last week, both trash days, when we missed Monday, no biggie, we'll pick up Thursday, oops . . . hubby forgot trash comes at 6 am on Thursday and then BAM find out we don't get service again until Thursday!  Our neighbors are NOT going to like us, I was tempted to drop a few bags off at friends' houses on the east side of Harvard!  I hope they aren't stingy with their first pickup!!

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2012, 03:26:11 pm »

A lot of houses on my street put out their trash today.  However, our pickup is now on Friday, instead of Monday/Thursday.  It will be interesting to see how many simply leave it by the curb until it is picked up.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2012, 03:36:06 pm »

A lot of houses on my street put out their trash today.  However, our pickup is now on Friday, instead of Monday/Thursday.  It will be interesting to see how many simply leave it by the curb until it is picked up.

I was looking today also down my street; didn't see one person within view who had put out their trash.  I was pleasantly surprised.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #320 on: July 03, 2012, 07:22:59 am »

Quite an adventure in my neighborhood.  The truck started driving around for pickup at around 10 am.  Instead of going from house to house they picked up my neighbor's trash then went three or four houses down the block and picked up another neighbor's trash, then turned around and went another direction.  My wife says they came by 3 or 4 times and looked at the trash can then moved on before finally picking it up at around 2:30.

Not really sure what they were doing, but they did finally pick it up so no worries.  They did leave some boxes at a neighbors house, I assume because they were not bagged.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #321 on: July 03, 2012, 07:40:19 am »

You may also notice white painted markings on some curbs. Figured out this is the indicator for backyard pickup.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: July 03, 2012, 07:43:47 am »

I’m assuming these are the 96 gallon carts:

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #323 on: July 03, 2012, 08:29:10 am »

I saw those and wondered why the current ones are green and these are gray. Perhaps they are color coded by size?

onward...through the fog
midtownnewbie
Activist

« Reply #324 on: July 03, 2012, 12:31:34 pm »

You may also notice white painted markings on some curbs. Figured out this is the indicator for backyard pickup.

Wow, I noticed that in front of our house and didn't know what had caused it.  The funny thing is that we didn't sign up for backyard pickup. 

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #325 on: July 03, 2012, 12:49:46 pm »

Wow, I noticed that in front of our house and didn't know what had caused it.  The funny thing is that we didn't sign up for backyard pickup. 

I've been walking around with paint to make things interesting for my fellow Tulsans.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #326 on: July 03, 2012, 12:59:39 pm »

I've been walking around with paint to make things interesting for my fellow Tulsans.

You're not this guy are you?

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #327 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:14 pm »

You're not this guy are you?

I'm not that Warrior.  I'm this guy.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #328 on: July 03, 2012, 02:41:33 pm »

I too have signed painted myself up for backyard pickup.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #329 on: July 04, 2012, 01:39:01 am »

Odd our new trash day is tomorrow yet they picked up today.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org