A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:12:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 126434 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2012, 11:10:52 am »

Likely using a sticker based system.

Is that when you put rose bush and blackberry trimmings in the trash?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12:23 am »

Is that when you put rose bush and blackberry trimmings in the trash?

What is your current profession, because clearly you've found your calling as a stand-up comic!

Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
shadows
City Father

« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2012, 01:26:20 pm »

Well well well we are finaly being taken in on the change that will require another battery of score keepers to ride along with the two trucks and keep the score or like EMSA just keep billing the residents for services they did not order but will intertwine any money received into one fund.  This will require another department for the bureaucracy to fill, increasing the overall cost of benefits accumulated by the city employees. 

Assume that the finance Tulsa bank who made possible the bargain glass cube, costing the poor, the unemployed, the children and the aged, millions of dollars by having to sell the paid for city hall for about one tenth of its apprised value.

Didn’t see the trash pickup as being broke that needed to be fixed but after the October 1 there could be a question.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2012, 01:31:44 pm »

Well well well we are finaly being taken in on the change that will require another battery of score keepers to ride along with the two trucks and keep the score or like EMSA just keep billing the residents for services they did not order but will intertwine any money received into one fund.  This will require another department for the bureaucracy to fill, increasing the overall cost of benefits accumulated by the city employees. 

Assume that the finance Tulsa bank who made possible the bargain glass cube, costing the poor, the unemployed, the children and the aged, millions of dollars by having to sell the paid for city hall for about one tenth of its apprised value.

Didn’t see the trash pickup as being broke that needed to be fixed but after the October 1 there could be a question.

You so funny!1!111!11

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2012, 03:09:21 pm »

Speaking of, why are we still batting this around while EMSA seems to be slowly smoldering?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2012, 04:55:49 pm »

What is your current profession, because clearly you've found your calling as a stand-up comic!

Wink

I think I detect a hint of sarcasm in your words.  If not, there should be.

Cheesy

shadows
City Father

« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »

“The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things, of shoes, ships, and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings.”

From what I read in the Tulsa World, Tulsa’s “Plutocrats” were met at the second meeting on the change with a vocal challenge to their trash system from the twice a week to once a week.
By the simplest of arithmetic of the third grade level this is a hundred percent decrease in the present service and increasing their present cost. The citizens (around 90,000) will have an annual increase in excess of $300,000 on the out-of-pocket cost of trash bags that they will be required to purchase.

As I have always said BA has acquired highly intelligent citizens who believe that all expenditures affecting all the people should be decided by the people.
So be it, trash pickup is a venture of all the citizens who should vote on any changes that are made.

BA citizens fire City Managers for withholding information from them.       

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:33 am »

http://www.newson6.com/story/18310064/starting-monday-tulsans-begin-choosing-new-trash-carts

Starting Monday, Tulsans Begin Choosing New Trash Carts

TULSA, Oklahoma - Starting Monday, Tulsa residents will have the option to choose what size their new trash carts will be, as the city moves to an October 1, 2012 start date for the new refuse system.

From May 14 to June 8, 2012, Tulsans can select a 32-gallon, 64-gallon or 96-gallon trash cart.

"After listening to the public's questions and preferences, we wanted to allow residents to choose their cart size," said Cheryl Cohenour, Tulsa Authority for the Recovery of Energy chairwoman. "We encourage citizens to watch their mail and pay attention to the public education campaign so they can consider their options carefully and make the right decision for their needs."

Residents can visit www.KnowYourTrash.com or call 918-596-9777 to speak with a live operator to select a service plan and cart size.

"Choice and flexibility are two key components of the new trash system," said Eric Lee, City of Tulsa solid waste manager. "Residents have three options for refuse cart sizes, and they can change their mind in the first six months without a fee if they realize they have selected the wrong size for their needs."

Tulsa will conduct an educational campaign throughout May and early June to help residents choose the refuse cart that best fits their needs and understand additional service options.

Know your trash pamphlet:  http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/griffin/NEWSon6/PDF/1205/trash%20can%20sizes.pdf
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2012, 11:33:55 am »

Wow, that was simple. Even more simpler as by the simplest of arithmetic of the third grade level .  Grin
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2012, 01:05:16 pm »

Wow, that was simple. Even more simpler as by the simplest of arithmetic of the third grade level .  Grin

Oh, I see what you did there.... :chortle:

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2012, 09:42:09 am »

We selected our trash can over the weekend.

http://www.knowyourtrash.com/

I'll lay money that less then 25% of Tulsa trash customers will do that before the change occurs.

Then there will be all sorts of houses with 96 gallon trash cans and no idea how to swap them out.  They'll just sit there, wallowing in their filth, bitching about it.

I already have no patience for these people and  they haven't done it yet.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2012, 09:54:42 am »

We selected our trash can over the weekend.

http://www.knowyourtrash.com/

I'll lay money that less then 25% of Tulsa trash customers will do that before the change occurs.

Then there will be all sorts of houses with 96 gallon trash cans and no idea how to swap them out.  They'll just sit there, wallowing in their filth, bitching about it.

I already have no patience for these people and  they haven't done it yet.

We got our card in the mail on Friday.  Although I barely fill a 50 gallon container on our scheduled days (maybe generate 2 to 3 13 gallon bags a week), I'll likely choose the 64 gallon container just to be on the safe side, especially as it relates to green waste on occasion.  It doesn't hurt either that they're allowing a 6 month period to change sizes, either up or down, for no fee.

I'm still a little put off by no size choice other than the 96 gallon for the recycle bin, but hey.  It will cost a bout 2 dollars more a month with the 64 gallon.  And if I find that 64 gallon isn't really enough, I'll scale down to 32 and we should be just fine.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2012, 12:27:53 pm »

We got our card in the mail on Friday.  Although I barely fill a 50 gallon container on our scheduled days (maybe generate 2 to 3 13 gallon bags a week), I'll likely choose the 64 gallon container just to be on the safe side, especially as it relates to green waste on occasion.  It doesn't hurt either that they're allowing a 6 month period to change sizes, either up or down, for no fee.

I'm still a little put off by no size choice other than the 96 gallon for the recycle bin, but hey.  It will cost a bout 2 dollars more a month with the 64 gallon.  And if I find that 64 gallon isn't really enough, I'll scale down to 32 and we should be just fine.

Green waste or some sort of wild party was the exact reason I decided on a 64. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30:59 pm »

Given that I have a 64 gallon cart now, I too will be opting for the city's 64 gallon cart.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2012, 12:35:18 pm »

Yeah, all those Marshall's bottles...oh, wait, you can recycle those....

Grin

*Obligatory Marshall reference*

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org