A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:29:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 126365 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2012, 01:36:23 pm »

It sounds as if the new contractor could either come in sooner or find other contractors to fill in until October.

What a tangled web.

TeeDub- thanks!

timing is everything....and someone's got to pay the bill....you and me and those peeps behind the tree!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2012, 03:02:18 pm »

They mentioned on the news last night that TRI wants up to $250K extra for “truck maintenance” to make it through the summer, otherwise they may not be able to service Tulsa customers beyond July.  MC also thought she heard there was discussion on twice weekly pick up with the bins.  I thought that ran counter to what we’ve been talking about here with once a week service only.  Anyone got anything on that?

I heard the discussion was about $280,000, or $1 per household in the City of Tulsa.  I think TARE, from what I understand, told them in essence to eff off.  TRI is just playing the spoiled brat now.  That nasty purple truck that runs down my street scares me.  Back in 2005, the trash service was great.  Picked up before I left for work as long as I put it out the night before.  Since then I was lucky if it got picked up by the time I got home from work.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2012, 03:10:24 pm »

I heard the discussion was about $280,000, or $1 per household in the City of Tulsa.  I think TARE, from what I understand, told them in essence to eff off.  TRI is just playing the spoiled brat now.  That nasty purple truck that runs down my street scares me.  Back in 2005, the trash service was great.  Picked up before I left for work as long as I put it out the night before.  Since then I was lucky if it got picked up by the time I got home from work.

Kind of like a toothless hooker, eh?  Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2012, 03:22:42 pm »

Kind of like a toothless hooker, eh?  Grin

Not sure, I don't know any Secret Service Agents who would tell me...  Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
shadows
City Father

« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2012, 03:27:24 pm »

You implied that the haulers were all mafia. It was an irresponsible and stupid thing to do.

You talk about facts, then write everything but.

No one is eliminating small businessmen. TRI was a consortium of small haulers and a handful of them broke away after 32 years and formed a new compnay that put in the low bid.

Believe me, there was plenty of coverage of all the facts. No one is hiding anything. You are a fool if you don't understand that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always thought that the residents of Tulsa were smart, educated and know right from wrong.  By all of the investigations going on I am seeing a new breed running around in circles because they seem to have a personal vested interest and are apt in diverting the attention of facts by calling names.

RM: points out in his post that the winners of the trash contract are a group that withdrew from TRI and formed a new company.  This would require startup expenders of millions of dollars.  I have not impplied any thing but some seems to try on a shoe that does not fit. Someone should explain where this source of money is coming from and why if they are experienced in trash hauling, as former participants in TRI, then there should be no question on why they cannot fill in the three month gap ask for by those remaining in the TRI group by assessing one dollar an account totaling three dollars for the three months.

The new company seems to be the same old dog but with a new name. The new tariff on the pickup for the same service that is provided now twice weekly will increase by some 20% percent according to the educational programs being televised.

Its all on the table but it seems the table cloth is on the top of it.         

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2012, 08:27:22 pm »

32 Gallon - 12.50

64 gallon - 14.00

96 gallon - 15.50

2x a week service - Add $5

http://kwgs.com/post/hear-mornings-top-local-news-kwgs

Would someone tell me if the minim charge possible cost $12.50 for 32 gal containers, how in heavens name can it be sold to Tulsa residents that the five dollar second weekly run can be made at such a reduced cost.

Strange things happen in the TPS I guess.  That could be the reason that government agencies are looking at taking over schools in the states largest district.

You  bought a pig in the poke in the strong mayor charter change.

Yep the carts could come with spray cans of the pink gas that gives anyone that opens a lid of the cart a whiff of the pink gas.   

___________________________________________________________________________________

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2012, 08:30:48 pm »

Shady, does Tulsa do anything right?

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44:41 pm »

Would someone tell me if the minim charge possible cost $12.50 for 32 gal containers, how in heavens name can it be sold to Tulsa residents that the five dollar second weekly run can be made at such a reduced cost.

I wondered about the $5 second run too, especially if only a few people choose it.  Some reduced cost can be explained as rental cost on the dumpster/container being completely covered by the $12.50 charge.

We have private haulers here.  We also have the containers on wheels.  I bring it to the front door on trash night for loading the last bit of trash by both mom and me.  Then I push the container to the street edge.  No curbs here.  My 85 year old mom can push the container across the yard if it's not too full and sometimes she does.   A few weeks ago, the lid needed a new hinge pin.  I taped a note to the lid saying it needed a new pin.  It was repaired when I got home.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2012, 09:31:12 pm »

Shady, does Tulsa do anything right?

I am only trying to point out the confusion of which the little town of my birth that has grown into mass confusion.  RM: seems to be spokesman for the change in handling the trash where he posted on April 16 the sizes of the cart was 35, 65 and 95 gals.  Now they have shrunk to where that are posted on television as being 32, 64 and 95 gal. Course it is inconsistent in this area so there is a possibility that it could be also in other areas that you are going to live with for the next 14 years..  Course if we were talking about gasoline some people might take interest.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:23 pm »

I can't possibly answer all of shadows rants...

The second day of service has less trash and many people won't put out trash both days, even if they pay for it. The bidders said they would do it $5 more per month and the city didn't mark up the price.

The new haulers have made a good living and have good credit and are buying new trucks with help from the financing that comes with a 14 year guaranteed $150 million contract.

There is no connection between the Tulsa Public Schools and the trash contract. There are new tariffs. There is no pink gas. There are no dogs and no table clothes. Nobody is poking any pigs.

All the dealings with this issue have come in televised public meetings and coverage from the Tulsa World.

That is all I am going to respond to from shadows on this thread. His words are foolish and his questions can be better answered by the voices in his head.

Power is nothing till you use it.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:39 am »

I've got these

Beer Wars

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY-Bg5Odi0M[/youtube]

Bear Wars

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quBcHOoxpWo[/youtube]

Beer Wars is a great doc.  As far as I know its still available on Netflix streaming.  Great watch for all beer lovers.

I'm glad my recycling bin will be bigger and picked up weekly.  The current bins can barely hold all the Marshall bottles I drink!

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2012, 08:13:54 am »

Beer Wars is a great doc.  As far as I know its still available on Netflix streaming.  Great watch for all beer lovers.

I'm glad my recycling bin will be bigger and picked up weekly.  The current bins can barely hold all the Marshall bottles I drink!

My Marshalls bottles get filled up with home brew. I just moved to all grain (no extracts) brewing and I'm stoked. CarltonPlace Amber is in the carbouy as of 6AM today.  Grin
rdj
City Father

« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2012, 09:18:24 am »

My Marshalls bottles get filled up with home brew. I just moved to all grain (no extracts) brewing and I'm stoked. CarltonPlace Amber is in the carbouy as of 6AM today.  Grin

What do you use to recap?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:58 am »

What do you use to recap?

Bottle caps are cheap. So is a capper

My Mash Tun is a 10 gallon water cooler. I removed the spigot and relaced it with a ball valve and the braided outside of a water supply line.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:13:02 am by carltonplace » Logged
rdj
City Father

« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2012, 10:08:17 am »

Bottle caps are cheap. So is a capper

My Mash Tun is a 44 gallon water cooler. I removed the spigot and relaced it with a ball valve and the braided outside of a water supply line.

Are there other options?  I've never really looked into home brewing closely.  I've done the cursory look and decided I didn't have time to mess with it.

So, your mash tun is bigger than the smallest trash container?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org