A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:26:32 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 126372 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:18 pm »

Dementia is setting in.  Recycling isn't mandatory.  That's been stated pretty unilaterally.

Conan 71: don’t want to disillusion you but the present trash ordnance    prohibits the movement of trash without the present license to haul it. You are stealing space in the office dumpster.

RM: You quote the present for overrun of yard trash at 70/80 cents per bag.

Three phrases are used in all changes in the city.
1. It is for the children but the office workers enjoy it.  It will increase revenue.
2. It will not increase your taxes.
3. Its estimated cost to citizens will cover all expenses.
Remember the sewer tax when it was implemented?
Flood tax? EMSA?   

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2012, 06:36:25 am »

You are stealing space in the office dumpster.

It's not stealing if one has permission to use it.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2012, 07:05:03 am »

It's not stealing if one has permission to use it.

Or to live in it
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2012, 08:00:07 am »

The green waste collections are still being discussed. I believe residents will be able to dispose of green waste for free initially with either the TARE board giving out free bags/stickers or suspending charges the first few months.

Yes shadows. I remember when they started fees for sewer/stormwater/EMSA.

I think sewers are a good thing. I am thankful for Tulsa's stormwater program. I voluntarily pay EMSA.
The charges for sewer use is $4.27 per 1,000 gallons. The stormwater charge is $5.43 per month per household. The EMSA charge is $3.64 per month. Combined they average about 44 cents a day.

They pipe away the crap in my toilet, they keep my house safe from flooding and they send an ambulance to save me when I need it for 44 cents a day. I think that is a fair price.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2012, 08:15:41 am »

RM, you did a nice job in the interview yesterday.

Was that Shadows carrying garbage bags around the yard in Broken Arrow on the same story?
rdj
City Father

« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2012, 08:17:24 am »

95 gallon carts are currently used for all houses west of Yale and north of I-244. The new cart sizes are 35, 65, and 95.

Thank you.

I was hoping the new cart would be bigger than the one we already have.  As a family of five, with three children under 10 (including one still in diapers), we generate a fair amount of waste.  Roughly 60% of the time I have to place an extra can out next to the cart.  Now, in full disclosure a portion of that excess is typically green waste, such as branches, woody clippings, etc that won't go in compost.  While I will miss the ability to place an extra can out (at no charge) as needed I'm generally in favor of the new program.

I have older neighbors and they have no issue getting the cart to the curb.  Additionally, it took very little time to adjust from the twice a week service I enjoyed in midtown to the once a week service we receive in the NW Quadrant.

Our recycling bin overflows and we supplement it now with extra containers and trips to your sites.  I hope the new recycling cart will be big enough to save us that hassle and expense.

Since the existing carts in the NW Quadrant are the same size as the new ones will we receive a new cart?  Or, will we continue using what we have?  If they are sufficient for use with the new trucks what would the cost savings be to not replace our existing carts?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2012, 08:18:54 am »

Dementia is setting in.  Recycling isn't mandatory.  That's been stated pretty unilaterally.

Please, just stop now.  You're being silly.

If this board doesn't have it, the mods should add a hide feature.  It would be nice to hide his comments automagically.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2012, 01:18:51 pm »

Conan 71: don’t want to disillusion you but the present trash ordnance    prohibits the movement of trash without the present license to haul it. You are stealing space in the office dumpster.

RM: You quote the present for overrun of yard trash at 70/80 cents per bag.

Three phrases are used in all changes in the city.
1. It is for the children but the office workers enjoy it.  It will increase revenue.
2. It will not increase your taxes.
3. Its estimated cost to citizens will cover all expenses.
Remember the sewer tax when it was implemented?
Flood tax? EMSA?   

It’s not trash when it leaves my house.  I’m simply trying to find a use for it at the office.  When I cannot find a use for bundled twigs or any takers for stale party food at the office, it ends up in the dumpster with blessings from my boss.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2012, 04:34:30 pm »

It’s not trash when it leaves my house.  I’m simply trying to find a use for it at the office.  When I cannot find a use for bundled twigs or any takers for stale party food at the office, it ends up in the dumpster with blessings from my boss.
Conan 71: Hope that city judge has had a good fore night sleep and left his home on good terms with his wife.  He will I am sure be complimenting you on your story and give you credit on the fine for conjuring up such a fantasy.

As in a previous post I suggested that BA was acquiring some intelligent residents.   The district meeting of the public on considering to following follow the leader (Tulsa) in the trash changes met with the negative results, (its not broken so don’t try to fix it) if open meetings were held in Tulsa educating the citizen, instead of meeting behind closed doors, the majority of its citizens would not be in favor of the changes.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2012, 04:38:43 pm »

Conan is right. It is not legally trash until it is put at the curb or put in a dumpster.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »

They pipe away the crap in my toilet, they keep my house safe from flooding and they send an ambulance to save me when I need it for 44 cents a day. I think that is a fair price.
RM: I paid for the sewer district now I am charged to use it.  My  parents paid for the water line which is a catchall for any new tax.  Federal government made possible flood control.  EMSA is a government agency. I paid for the streets in front and beside of my house.  When these were enacted no one said we need a use tax on the water so we can threaten you by turning your water off.

RM: Check with code enforcement and let him/her define trash for you.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:36:16 pm by shadows » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2012, 09:02:01 pm »

RM: I paid for the sewer district now I am charged to use it.  My  parents paid for the water line which is a catchall for any new tax.  Federal government made possible flood control.  EMSA is a government agency. I paid for the streets in front and beside of my house.  When these were enacted no one said we need a use tax on the water so we can threaten you by turning your water off.

RM: Check with code enforcement and let him/her define trash for you.

Yes. You are charged by the gallon to use the sewer. You are charged by the gallon to have the city pump water to your house.

Did you really think that you would pay for a water line one time and get free water for life? If so, you have been crazy for a long time.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2012, 07:03:54 am »

RM: it was good to see you at the drillers stadium which we payed to build and now pay to use. Thank you for the black walnut.

RM: why?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2012, 07:21:19 am »

We will have more baby trees today on the Main Mall.

That black walnut tree will be worth a lot of money someday. Cabinet people pay big money to chop them down for the wood.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2012, 08:30:49 pm »

Yes. You are charged by the gallon to use the sewer. You are charged by the gallon to have the city pump water to your house.

Did you really think that you would pay for a water line one time and get free water for life? If so, you have been crazy for a long time.

Truer words have never been spoken by any of the Plutocrats that seek to control.

When people form a society they look for water. They band together in order to produce clean water.  They expect to all chip in and pay for the upkeep of the water system they have created.   Along comes the Plutocrats and they say “Let’s collect a fee on the water to paint all curbs red”.  “To insure that those who don’t want red curbs and refuse to pay the fee we can make a rule that anytime they pay a part of the water bill we will apply that first to the fee’s and we can turn their water off for not paying their water bill.  So the Plutocrats smile at the poor, the aged, and retiree’s as they count the treasures they collect from needy.   

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org