A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:47:07 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Arizona Massacre  (Read 94577 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:36 am »

Instapundit took the "blood libel" road two days ago.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071913818696964.html
Where was the outrage then? Fact is that the CjC and the tiny junk folks didn't get their collective panties wadded up until Palin used the phrase. In fact, these dooshes probably never heard this expression until they read about it on a left blog.

Hahahaha, so you are saying that everybody should read all opinion pieces on every site.  Where was the outrage two whole days ago on 1 story out of 500 million on the attacks.  Hilarious!  I think Palin's video response probably got more hits than that guys WSJ article.  
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2011, 10:51:41 am »

To be honest, there is a large difference between raising taxes 3% or giving people health care and holding US Citizens in Gitmo/Starting Iraq on bad intel.  Also turns out, they were right.  Both Bush and Paulson said the economy would have collapsed if not for the bailout.  "If AIG collapsed, it would have buckled our financial system and wrought economic havoc on the lives of millions of our citizens," - Paulson  

Oh, and nobody got shot.  

You don't agree that partisanship on one side foments partisanship on the other?  Is reality kryptonite to you too?

Again, this shooting doesn't seem to be the result of a partisan issue.  Rather it's looking like at this point the shooter had a personal issue dating back a few years in which he did not like her response to one of his nonsensical rants about what words mean.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2011, 10:53:47 am »

Instapundit took the "blood libel" road two days ago.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071913818696964.html
Where was the outrage then? Fact is that the CjC and the tiny junk folks didn't get their collective panties wadded up until Palin used the phrase. In fact, these dooshes probably never heard this expression until they read about it on a left blog.

Instapundit isn't running for President (or considering it publicly), and Instapundit isn't nearly under the microscope for their rhetoric that she is.  Like it or not, Palin's near the center of this thing.  It may or may not be fair, but how she reacts to this is important, much more so than whatever Instapundit says on a given day.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2011, 11:05:11 am »

Fact is that the CjC and the tiny junk folks didn't get their collective panties wadded up...

Are 13 years old?

Why do you lower yourself to childish insults of people who disagree with you?  Circle Jerk Club? Tiny Junk folks?

Really?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:17 am »

Are 13 years old?

Why do you lower yourself to childish insults of people who disagree with you?  Circle Jerk Club? Tiny Junk folks?

Really?

Don't worry Mike; he's the king of the ad-hominem.  It's just less than I expected from an attorney.  But not less than I expect from him.

He makes my elementary and high school age nieces and nephews seem like adults.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2011, 11:27:35 am »

You don't agree that partisanship on one side foments partisanship on the other?  Is reality kryptonite to you too?

Again, this shooting doesn't seem to be the result of a partisan issue.  Rather it's looking like at this point the shooter had a personal issue dating back a few years in which he did not like her response to one of his nonsensical rants about what words mean.

I believe it, yes.  I guess the first time I was exposed to pure partisanship was Clinton's impeachment.  I guess it kind of snow balled from that.
waterboy
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2011, 11:28:38 am »

Here's an insight. Go back to the start of this thread and see which posters resorted to pubescent humor and name calling. And which posters refused to be baited into that negative spiral relying instead on reasonable discussion. Apparently the farther right you are identified on this forum, the more likely you are to be in the previous.

As for Palin, I think Wevus has nailed it. Its her response that counts. Most folks know that people like Palin, Guido and BB expose themselves if given enough time. Just be patient and keep it all in context.

THis should keep "mr. context" busy for a few hours dragging out old posts and using them in novel new ways. I've done my job, thank me later. Wink
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2011, 12:14:37 pm »

Most folks know that people like Palin, Guido and BB expose themselves if given enough time.  I've done my job, thank me later. Wink

Bad mental image there.  Shocked

dbacks fan
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2011, 12:38:22 pm »

You owe me a keyboard, monitor and the lunch that I just lost.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2011, 01:11:27 pm »

Why do you lower yourself to childish insults of people who disagree with you?  Circle Jerk Club? Tiny Junk folks?
I have seen analysis that indicates that sort of behavior is usually about attempting to establish perceived dominance over others. For some people (and I'm not speaking specifically of guido) the facts aren't as relevant as who plays the dominant role in the discourse. O'Reilly being a great example of that, if you've ever seen his show.

It's amazing what academics will spend their time studying.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
waterboy
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2011, 01:21:29 pm »

Actually, the image of Palin exposing herself is not all that bad to me. Oh, such sweet confusion in my mind. Smiley
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2011, 01:31:16 pm »

Are 13 years old?

Really?

Why don't you cry to the mod about it. To me, tattling is childish.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2011, 01:40:54 pm »

Why don't you cry to the mod about it. To me, tattling is childish.

Really?  Wow.  I'm surprised you have the social skills needed to survive in your chosen profession.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2011, 01:47:43 pm »

Hahahaha, so you are saying that everybody should read all opinion pieces on every site.  Where was the outrage two whole days ago on 1 story out of 500 million on the attacks.  Hilarious!  I think Palin's video response probably got more hits than that guys WSJ article.  
Hahahaha. Noted right wing zealot Alan Dershowitz comments on the "blood libel-gate" and you just won't like it.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/01/12/exclusive-alan-dershowitz-defends-sarah-palins-use-of-term-blood-libel/

Here is blog post listing the use of this expression from both sides of the political spectrum.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/256955/term-blood-libel-more-common-you-might-think

O/T: MODS, can we have an official Sarah Palin Sucks thread where people who just can't help themselves but rip on a woman that posts her opinions on freakin FACEBOOK can unload on her. That way, a thread where six people were gunned down in the street, including a nine year old girl, can be used for something productive. Here's a wonderful story about a memorial fund for this little girl to give you something to think about.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/01/11/memorial-fund-established-in-honor-of-9-year-old-shooting-victim/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2011, 01:48:48 pm »

Hey now!!! Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org