A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:30:01 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mmm Beer....  (Read 23849 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 08:05:04 am »

The wife and I are big fans of the Shiner Cheer.  I stocked a case in the basement beer fridge the day before Thanksgiving and it's down to a bottle or two. 

Man your good. If I had your control I'd still be drinking.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 10:17:56 am »

The wife and I are big fans of the Shiner Cheer.  I stocked a case in the basement beer fridge the day before Thanksgiving and it's down to a bottle or two. 

Slacker!

Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2014, 10:23:49 am »

Man your good. If I had your control I'd still be drinking.  Grin

Your's is all gone, right?

rdj
City Father

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:58 am »

Slacker!

Grin

Without labeling myself an alcoholic, I also bought a 750 ml bottle of Bulliet Rye Whiskey, eight cans of ginger beer (Moscow Mules) and three other various six packs.  All but the beer is now gone.

Anyone know local AA meeting times?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2014, 10:52:34 am »

Without labeling myself an alcoholic, I also bought a 750 ml bottle of Bulliet Rye Whiskey, eight cans of ginger beer (Moscow Mules) and three other various six packs.  All but the beer is now gone.

Oh...I LOVE Bulleit's bourbon.  I'll have to try the Rye.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2014, 11:05:35 am »

OK,  you are forgiven.

Check with Ed W, he works at (what used to be) AA.

Grin

rdj
City Father

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2014, 12:28:52 pm »

Oh...I LOVE Bulleit's bourbon.  I'll have to try the Rye.

I like both.  Their bourbon isn't my favorite bourbon, but their rye is my favorite of those sold locally.  My favorite American whiskey right now is a George Dickel Nine Year Sour Mash that I purchased from Caskers.com.  It is about 8% rye, but I really like its smooth profile.

Link to their site.  They send out an email every few days about their selections.  Some of it is available in Oklahoma, but most is not  They'll ship to my office here in Tulsa.  https://www.caskers.com/?ref=MDoyOjFlNTliYzM0ZjdmMmY1YTQ6YTk5dHhqb2NrYXliNFo2YVdMTURXUT09

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2014, 03:41:20 pm »

American rye is so so.

Try a Canadian rye and then thank me.

Power is nothing till you use it.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2014, 07:06:00 pm »

American rye is so so.

I will take you up on that.  Big fan of Bullet Rye, but always open to options.  Do you have a suggestion?

rdj
City Father

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2014, 07:27:47 am »

American rye is so so.

Meh, only popular because of prohibition and illegal bootlegging into the US.  Pretty much all Canadian whiskey is a "rye whiskey".  Rye whiskey was hardly distilled in the US for the last sixty years.  With the resurgence in whiskey I believe the craft whiskey movement in America will produce great products.

That said, Pendeleton's Rye is a nice whiskey.  But, even its packaged and sold in Oregon after distilling in Canada.  Masterson's is another good Canadian Rye.  I've had it in the Tobacco Old Fashioned at Hodge's Bend and its tasty in that drink.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:48:22 am by rdj » Logged

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2014, 08:16:48 am »

OK,  you are forgiven.

Check with Ed W, he works at (what used to be) AA.

Grin

The AA I work for has a zero tolerance policy toward alcohol and drugs. They'll put an employee through alcohol rehab once, but subsequent rehabs are paid out of pocket. After that first visit, the employee is subject to random testing at least once a month. Because of the relatively small candidate pool, it sometimes works out to once a week.

Any positive drug test is grounds for dismissal. This bothers me because my government can't force me to piss in a bottle to prove I'm drug free, yet my employer can do so at the behest of the government.

This has been an interesting thread. I'm thinking about getting some good whiskey for the holidays, and you are all giving me some great ideas.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2014, 10:10:56 am »

The AA I work for has a zero tolerance policy toward alcohol and drugs.

I actually know that.  Several of my friends work there.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »

Since we have moved on to whiskey...

Have you guys tried the Oklahoma made bourbon? The brand is Scissortail and it is distilled in Moore. Here is a review...

http://okchive.com/threads/2014/10/09/the-bearded-baron-of-bourbon-review-scissortail-bourbon/

I bought some bottles for out-of-state friends. It is medium priced. It was a fun novelty, but I would rather drink Bulleit.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org