A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:13:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Day, New Scandal  (Read 1803 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 14, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »

This is what happens when the President decides to comment on an ongoing criminal case.

http://www.stripes.com/judge-obama-sex-assault-comments-unlawful-command-influence-1.225974

Two defendants in military sexual assault cases cannot be punitively discharged, if found guilty, because of “unlawful command influence” derived from comments made by President Barack Obama, a judge ruled in a Hawaii military court this week.

Navy Judge Cmdr. Marcus Fulton ruled during pretrial hearings in two sexual assault cases — U.S. vs. Johnson and U.S. vs. Fuentes — that comments made by Obama as commander in chief would unduly influence any potential sentencing, according to a court documents obtained by Stars and Stripes.

On Wednesday and Thursday, Fulton approved the pretrial defense motions, which used as evidence comments that Obama made about sexual assault at a May 7 news conference.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:18:39 am »

This is what happens when the President decides to comment on an ongoing criminal case.

http://www.stripes.com/judge-obama-sex-assault-comments-unlawful-command-influence-1.225974

Two defendants in military sexual assault cases cannot be punitively discharged, if found guilty, because of “unlawful command influence” derived from comments made by President Barack Obama, a judge ruled in a Hawaii military court this week.

Navy Judge Cmdr. Marcus Fulton ruled during pretrial hearings in two sexual assault cases — U.S. vs. Johnson and U.S. vs. Fuentes — that comments made by Obama as commander in chief would unduly influence any potential sentencing, according to a court documents obtained by Stars and Stripes.

On Wednesday and Thursday, Fulton approved the pretrial defense motions, which used as evidence comments that Obama made about sexual assault at a May 7 news conference.

Yeah, Presidents should never comment, especially when it involves the people you command.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:27:57 am »

Yeah, Presidents should never comment, especially when it involves the people you command.

Remember who this is you're responding to.  It might be nice if my job afforded me the ability to troll the interwebs every day for 18 hours to attempt to dig up dirt on the CiC.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org