A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:00:59 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unions Killed the Twinkie  (Read 51397 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2014, 08:11:13 pm »

Bread pudding was the sole option. But I am the only one that likes it. BTW, bread pudding was the only food the Army did well. IMO

Shore based Navy food in the early 70's wasn't too bad. I only did a short Carrier Qual for "sea duty" and that was OK too.  I don't know about the food for a full duration "cruise".

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:19 am »

Bread pudding was the sole option. But I am the only one that likes it. BTW, bread pudding was the only food the Army did well. IMO

I'm sure you heard of SOS....one of my uncles was cook in Army during WWII Europe - he was a great cook, but one of my favorites was SOS - he fixed the recipe they trained him with and showed his brothers and sister how to make it right!  Yum!!

And it can be made with a lot of things from dried beef to hamburger, sausage, bacon crumbles, chicken, etc.  One thing that has totally messed it up in this country is Crisco, or other vegetable oil.  Use lard - accept no substitutes!!   (I always use whole wheat flour for the extra "nutty" flavor ya get.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2014, 09:07:31 am »

Bread pudding with a bourbon glaze is simply amazing.  If you are ever in Hicktown in OKC, stop in at Jazzmo’s for some.  Best I’ve had anywhere.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2014, 03:20:00 pm »

Bread pudding with a bourbon glaze is simply amazing.  If you are ever in Hicktown in OKC, stop in at Jazzmo’s for some.  Best I’ve had anywhere.

The Fountains that was around Southern Hills used to nail it.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2014, 03:37:07 pm »

The Fountains that was around Southern Hills used to nail it.

Yes they did!  Used to eat lunch there once a week.  Took me years to lose the results.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2014, 09:34:36 pm »

I like chocodiles
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2014, 10:03:27 pm »

I like chocodiles

Bought a box yesterday. Love them.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org