A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:59:37 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murdoch!!!  (Read 9550 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: June 25, 2014, 11:04:59 pm »

Waiting for news reports that someone's head in this forum will explode over this.

Almost three years since “the most humble day” of Rupert Murdoch’s life, the News Corp chairman may feel he can return to his old swaggering self.
The media mogul has yet to comment publicly on the acquittal of Rebekah Brooks, the most senior former executive in his media empire to be placed on trial for phone-hacking. Yet the market value of his media empire attests to how easily his business has shrugged off what once looked like an existential crisis.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3709e9e6-fc80-11e3-98b8-00144feab7de.html#axzz35ib860eN

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 08:25:54 am »

Waiting for news reports that someone's head in this forum will explode over this.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3709e9e6-fc80-11e3-98b8-00144feab7de.html#axzz35ib860eN

Let me guess.....

I can tell just from the headline someone is trying to say that Murdoch is "back"....well, he never really went away.  As to swagger, well he has always had that arrogant sense of entitlement that his kind of wealth seems to have bred into most at that level.  "Justice" may be a little more expensive at his level, in absolute numbers of dollars/euros/pounds but it is always available at a price.

Sounds like nothing new at all....
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:27:54 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:58:54 am »

MURDOCH!!!

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fox-news-hits-ratings-highs-msnbc-sputters-in-busy-week-1201290087/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:00:26 am by guido911 » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:18:06 am »

I think we've discussed this before.  Most enlightened folk will get their news info from another medium.  TV news is for entertainment.

FOX news is for the older white folks who've not updated their meds due to their hatred of Obamacare.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:31:32 am »

I think we've discussed this before.  Most enlightened folk will get their news info from another medium.  TV news is for entertainment.

All news sources have a bias, even if it's only by the stories they don't cover by choice.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 11:37:21 am »

All news sources have a bias, even if it's only by the stories they don't cover by choice.

All people have a bias.  Murdoch's just found his niche of gullible ones.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 12:48:57 pm »

All people have a bias.  Murdoch's just found his niche of gullible ones.

Yep. Because those that watch CNNMCNBCNBCPBS blah blah blah are sooo much smarter and less gullible. Roll Eyes Kinda like our electorate, which was convinced by their media folks that Obama was so much smarter than everyone, that he is Spock, or other bullcrap. Hell, he was even worthy of songs, I mean when people were not fainting in his presence. Look how that has turned out. He is the weakest president at least in the past 100 years. 

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 03:24:27 pm »

Yep. Because those that watch CNNMCNBCNBCPBS blah blah blah are sooo much smarter and less gullible. Roll Eyes Kinda like our electorate, which was convinced by their media folks that Obama was so much smarter than everyone, that he is Spock, or other bullcrap. Hell, he was even worthy of songs, I mean when people were not fainting in his presence. Look how that has turned out. He is the weakest president at least in the past 100 years. 

We were talking about FOX news and how it pulled in the largest gaggle of Team Gullible. 

Not sure where you're wandering off to.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 03:58:56 pm »

Not sure where you're wandering off to.

Really?

I doubt it.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 04:26:48 pm »

Nobody had any delusions he was smarter than everyone - just the guys he was running against.  If the Republicans would have better candidates, then there would be no need to vote for Obama....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »

FOX news is for the older white folks who've not updated their meds due to their hatred of Obamacare.

Even though Obamacare is helping them with those meds much more than any previous regime....  Go figure...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 04:40:58 pm »

Nobody had any delusions he was smarter than everyone - just the guys he was running against.  If the Republicans would have better candidates, then there would be no need to vote for Obama....

Until the Republicans decide to quit ignoring science, quit scuttling education, stay out of the marriage equality debate (unless they wish to side with the majority of Americans) and leave the fairer gender to their own devices, they will NEVER have anyone electable to the mainstream.  As the youth get of voting age, they will likely become more liberal than conservative.

Conservatives need to reinvent themselves and stop being the 'party of stupid'.  After 2 years how has that worked out for them?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 04:55:49 pm »

Until the Republicans decide to quit ignoring science, quit scuttling education, stay out of the marriage equality debate (unless they wish to side with the majority of Americans) and leave the fairer gender to their own devices, they will NEVER have anyone electable to the mainstream.  As the youth get of voting age, they will likely become more liberal than conservative.

Conservatives need to reinvent themselves and stop being the 'party of stupid'.  After 2 years how has that worked out for them?

Two years!!??  Bah....try 30+ years!!

nathann posted a list of contrasts one time and I hope he will resurrect that, comparing "liberal" versus "conservative" actions over the last 100+ years - how the progressives were in favor of all the things that have made this a better/stronger country versus the conservative opposition to same.  Very enlightening to a thinking mind.

We had a great Republican President in the 70's - Gerald Ford - and he got bit by the "anybody but Nixon" bug that was going around.  If he would have had 2 terms, we would be a dramatically different country than we are today, and I think a better country than we are today!   We have regressed.  A lot.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:57:50 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 05:20:56 pm »

Two years!!??  Bah....try 30+ years!!

nathann posted a list of contrasts one time and I hope he will resurrect that, comparing "liberal" versus "conservative" actions over the last 100+ years - how the progressives were in favor of all the things that have made this a better/stronger country versus the conservative opposition to same.  Very enlightening to a thinking mind.

We had a great Republican President in the 70's - Gerald Ford - and he got bit by the "anybody but Nixon" bug that was going around.  If he would have had 2 terms, we would be a dramatically different country than we are today, and I think a better country than we are today!   We have regressed.  A lot.

Had he not pardoned Nixon, he would have had a second term.

However, I respect him for sticking to his word.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 06:12:29 pm »

Had he not pardoned Nixon, he would have had a second term.

However, I respect him for sticking to his word.

Huge reaction to Nixon in many ways...that is definitely one of them.

Chevy Chase really didn't help much....even though it was very funny!

https://screen.yahoo.com/chevy-chase-first-ford-impression-000000832.html

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org