A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:04:20 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School Lunches  (Read 41726 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:06 am »

I do.  Did you even read that last post??  I mean, really READ it...??   Come on...I know you can do it!!  Overcome your high school education!!  Now is the time!

Or look at the Vostok ice core data?? 

Want a hint?

Hint: global warming is NOT caused by increasing CO2.  Increasing CO2 always occurs after the fact of rising temperatures.  Think about that statement for a while.

Company line has been that CO2 is the cause of global warming.  You have to forgive me, they keep shifting so fast it’s hard to keep up with the current narrative.  As for you, don’t you find it repugnant all the misinformation in the name of politics and power?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2014, 10:11:49 am »

Company line has been that CO2 is the cause of global warming.  You have to forgive me, they keep shifting so fast it’s hard to keep up with the current narrative.  As for you, don’t you find it repugnant all the misinformation in the name of politics and power?

Isn't it obvious???  Have I been too subtle again??  Geez, I guess I gotta work on that - become more outspoken, emphatic, and blatant!!  Absolutely yes.  By both sides.  The bigger problem goes to ongoing sustainability - what can humans on this planet 'live with' when it comes to extremes - and typically, it leans more toward the tree-hugger side than the pro-nuke side.  (I have said before, I am a tree hugger - probably not like you envision that, though, due to the warped/twisted picture painted by large corporate agricultural interests.)

There is so much still unknown BUT I do know for a fact that overall temperature has been climbing for a while - couple hundred years.  Blip or trend?  We won't live long enough to know for sure.  A new variable has been thrown into it that is very disturbing - the CO2 level.  In all those previous cycles, the range was about 200 to 280 ppm for the limits!  We have been steadily going WAY past that for quite a while.  Average is 400 ppm now!  THAT if nothing else should raise a red flag that is deserving of a lot of attention - and I think it is getting the attention.  It puts a huge wrinkle into all the models such that we have no basis for comparison - EVER!!

As I noted previously, what I feel will be the biggest manifestation of trouble will be with our primary food plants.  While increased CO2 would nominally be a good thing, it will take a relatively small change in temperature to be absolutely catastrophic for us.  We as a species cannot live using the current plant selections if the temperature gets above about 86 degrees.  And it doesn't even have to get close to that on average - if it gets to daily averages of 86 or so in late May or early June, we are toast!  No pollination, no crops.  No 7 billion people on the planet.  Why have pollinators disappeared to the tune of 95%+ ??  Are they the canary in the mineshaft for food production?  (Cold spells have similar effects)

Will the species go extinct?  Not likely, but we have been involved in extinction events that have lowered the human population to as low as 10,000 - 150,000 (estimates) planet-wide in very recent times - like 10 to 15,000 years ago.  Who knows what went on 300,000 years ago with the early ancestors....?  They existed, but probably not in large numbers.

So, we have seen just in recorded history, "little ice ages" and desertification, where massive famine and plague have blasted half the population.  Now scale those percentages to 7 billion.  We could end up with 3 + billion dead bodies laying around in just a handful of years very easily.

We should be treading much more lightly than we do....

Pollinators - I mentioned them in passing and that is a huge topic on it's own.  I suspect, and there are some indications in this direction, that GMO foods have made a significant contribution to this problem.  Big GMO goals - herbicide and pesticide resistance, so ever bigger doses can be applied to get rid of the "better" weeds and plant eating bugs we are creating using these chemicals.  Kind of a similar interaction to the anti-biotic efficacy problems we are now enjoying due to massive overuse of anti-biotics.  Plant gets sprayed with either herbicide or insecticide (both most of the time), bug eats it - dies.  "Unintended consequence" event - pollinators also partake...also die.  We have lost way too many!!

Doesn't help that urban residents have just gone totally insane over green, weed free, bug free lawns!  Idiotic!  "Bill of goods" sold by parasites!  Done by fools!  And contributing to the problem in a big way!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2014, 02:31:36 pm »

They (global warmers)  make the current weather pattern to fit the global warming theory. If it's cold they say global warming is making it cold, if it's hot they say that's  global warming, too dry, too wet, too much snow, not enough snow, too much rain too little rain it's all blamed on global warming. If global warming was real why would they feel the need to doctor the  temp records? Anyone remember the "climate gate scandal" of 2007, they admitted in the e-mails it was a hoax and remember  how James Hansen made and "honest mistake" of  using October temp records to report November's temps. Where are the Hurricanes that were supposed to hit because of global warming each year after Katrina in 2005?  The year  2006 had no hurricane and the past 9 years had hardly any hurricanes..  During the cold winter of 2009 it was suggested that the melting Polar Ice was breaking off and drifting south in the Atlantic Ocean and chilling  the air and that's why it was so cold. Facts to debunk global warming are not hidden, it just takes a bit of digging and effort. Google has tons of stuff that debunk global warming. This thread is supposed to be about school lunches though. Oops my bad.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 02:40:15 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2014, 02:36:47 pm »

Talk about pollution, one volcano can  throw more toxic junk in the air than man did in the past 200 years. One big super volcano can even dim the sunlight world wide. That's real pollution. That's natural.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2014, 03:44:30 pm »

This is what I REALLY fear about the effects of global warming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »

Ahem.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2014, 12:00:50 pm »

Ahem.

What's the spoon for?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2014, 01:14:44 pm »

What's the spoon for?

the milk is out of date.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2014, 02:27:08 pm »

Now we are back on topic!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2014, 04:02:21 pm »

What's the spoon for?

Uncouth!   Don't you eat hamburgers with a spoon??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2014, 12:42:59 pm »

Global Warming. Here were are still in Summer, it's  Sept. 12th late summer  and they expect a overnight low temp  in Tulsa of 49 degrees. South Dakota had snow already  and so did Colorado Springs, a summer snowstorm. Tell me again how the ice is melting and how hot the planet is becoming.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2014, 12:57:25 pm »

Tell me again how the ice is melting and how hot the planet is becoming.

Don't get your information about this from a forum. 

Look it up on something more reliable. 

Otherwise you get information from a group of people that might be mentally stunted.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2014, 01:31:26 pm »

Global Warming. Here were are still in Summer, it's  Sept. 12th late summer  and they expect a overnight low temp  in Tulsa of 49 degrees. South Dakota had snow already  and so did Colorado Springs, a summer snowstorm. Tell me again how the ice is melting and how hot the planet is becoming.

So I guess you think the middle of the US is 'Global'.

How many times were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

Seriously we are having to break this chart out again? I'm leaving it huge for emphasis.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2014, 06:11:03 pm »

Seriously we are having to break this chart out again? I'm leaving it huge for emphasis.

One outlier like the Dr. that said ulcers were caused by bacteria.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org