A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:52:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Psychosis  (Read 88265 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:20 pm »

What OTHER PRESIDENT of this country has ever been put through this birther crap?

Poor, poor President Obama.

What other President had to put up with "He stole the election!" for eight years?

You reap what you sow.  I honestly think this is a moronic tit-for-tat partisan shenanigans. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2011, 02:17:39 pm »

I was just about ready to drop this when someone on facebook pointed this out to me.

Anyone with Acrobat reader can do this.

If you open the document then go to file/document properties you get the window below.  Two things are of interest. 

1. It says the document was produced on a Mac using the Quartz PDF plug-in.  So the idea that this thing was simply scanned or produced in a government office is out the window.

2.  The strangest thing, it that it registers as an Adobe 1.3 file format.  Adobe 1.3 does not support saving files with layers or transparencies.  This file has both. The meta-data is incorrect.
Please stop getting your information from the freepers. While you look smart compared to them, their ideas make you look like an idiot over here.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2011, 02:20:28 pm »

I apparently don't associate closely with racist types since I'm not getting it.  Anyone I know who has a problem with President Obama has a problem with his tepid leadership skills, faux intellect, condescending attitude, and basking in his celebrity jet-setting status.

I'm quite sure there are blockheaded racists on the birther issue.  Most though, I think are people who are not as well informed about politics who are simply following the noise like lemmings because it seems like the thing to do.
That's a fantastic straw man. It looks very realistic. Unfortunately, nobody here has said that all opposition to Obama is based in racism. Personally, I said that a lot of tea partiers are racists. It's come out both in their polling and in the signs they like to hold up in their rallies.

And to be honest, if the non-racists can't stand up to the racists and tell them to GTFO, I feel little sympathy for them being painted with a broad brush.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2011, 02:23:29 pm »

Poor, poor President Obama.

What other President had to put up with "He stole the election!" for eight years?

You reap what you sow.  I honestly think this is a moronic tit-for-tat partisan shenanigans.  

Wait a minute....he did steal the election with the help of SCOTUS and there's this enormous skip in logic. But hey, expectorant. Grin

HERE! The futility of reasoning with crazy - Gene Lyons http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/04/27/conservative_conspiracy_theories/index.html
You need hip waders to get through the bullsh!t of the teabaggers and GOP.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 02:26:45 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2011, 02:38:01 pm »

Wait a minute....he did steal the election with the help of SCOTUS...

Some people still believe that.  Others believe it was the correct result.  Some people will always believe Obama wasn't born a US citizen. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

Please stop getting your information from the freepers. While you look smart compared to them, their ideas make you look like an idiot over here.

LOL! The person who pointed this out was actually one of your fellow "reacharounders."  He was trying to prove a different point by focusing on the Acrobat version but he accidently uncovered what no one else thought to look at.  Why the heck was the file created in QuartzPDF on a Mac?  Cheesy

Answer?  By design.

* properties2.JPG (18.87 KB - downloaded 224 times.)

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2011, 03:01:58 pm »

LOL! The person who pointed this out was actually one of your fellow "reacharounders."  He was trying to prove a different point by focusing on the Acrobat version but he accidently uncovered what no one else thought to look at.  Why the heck was the file created in QuartzPDF on a Mac?  Cheesy

Answer?  By design.
Did it ever occur to you that some of the folks at the White House might actually use Macs? It's pretty common among web designers and graphics folks. And your talk about layers and whatnot shows that you really have no clue about how PDF works. It's very similar to Postscript. Go read up.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2011, 03:14:59 pm »

Did it ever occur to you that some of the folks at the White House might actually use Macs? It's pretty common among web designers and graphics folks. And your talk about layers and whatnot shows that you really have no clue about how PDF works. It's very similar to Postscript. Go read up.

I am absolutely positive that some of the folks at the White House use macs.  Wink

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2011, 03:50:27 pm »

I am absolutely positive that some of the folks at the White House use macs.  Wink
Somehow I feel like that may have something to do with QuartzPDF.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »

Some people still believe that.  Others believe it was the correct result.  Some people will always believe Obama wasn't born a US citizen. 

Gore won Florida...look it up. We were had. Today we pay....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2011, 06:35:16 pm »

Ah yes, looking at Gore today and imagining what the world would be like. . .

I somehow feel rescued, but then Bush delivered President Obama into our laps!

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2011, 06:57:36 pm »

Ah yes, looking at Gore today and imagining what the world would be like. . .

I somehow feel rescued, but then Bush delivered President Obama into our laps!
You must have a pretty active fantasy life if you think Gore would have been able to do much you wouldn't like with a Republican-controlled Congress.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2011, 07:45:49 pm »

This is what I found.  

No definitive win for Gore, just a possibility by cherry picking places to recount votes that couldn't do it in a timely manner.  Yes, I know the Republicans made sure all the defective voting machines were placed in precincts that historically voted Democratic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2000
Most of the post-electoral controversy revolved around Gore's request for hand recounts in four counties (Broward, Miami Dade, Palm Beach, and Volusia), as provided under Florida state law. Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris announced she would reject any revised totals from those counties if they were not turned in by November 14, the statutory deadline for amended returns. The Florida Supreme Court extended the deadline to November 26, a decision later vacated by the U.S. Supreme Court. Miami-Dade eventually halted its recount and resubmitted its original total to the state canvassing board, while Palm Beach County failed to meet the extended deadline. On November 26, the state canvassing board certified Bush the winner of Florida's electors by 537 votes. Gore formally contested the certified results, but a state court decision overruling Gore was reversed by the Florida Supreme Court, which ordered a recount of over 70,000 ballots previously rejected by machine counters. The U.S. Supreme Court quickly halted the order.
On December 12, the Supreme Court ruled in a 7–2 vote that the Florida Supreme Court's ruling requiring a statewide recount of ballots was unconstitutional, and in a 5–4 vote that the Florida recounts could not be completed before a December 12 "safe harbor" deadline, and should therefore cease and the previously certified total should hold. The Supreme Court's decision was an unsigned or "Per Curiam" ruling; the ruling was “limited to the present circumstances” and could not be cited as precedent.[46]

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2011, 08:46:16 pm »

No definitive win for Gore, just a possibility by cherry picking places to recount votes that couldn't do it in a timely manner.  Yes, I know the Republicans made sure all the defective voting machines were placed in precincts that historically voted Democratic.
A group of newspapers did a statewide recount using several possible standards for what was considered a valid vote. Under most of them, Gore would have won. Under a couple, Bush. Of course, the headlines were "Bush would have won in case of a full recount."

Honestly, the recount and the SC stopping it isn't what I find upsetting. What bothers me more is that hundreds of thousands of voters were wrongly purged, and most of them were in strongly Democratic counties. What makes it the injustice that it was is that it was no accident. Several county clerks complained to the state election board well in advance of the election that the list (produced by Choicepoint) was largely inaccurate. Unfortunately, most counties went ahead and used the purge list anyway. In the end it may not have made a difference (the affected groups were mostly poor and black, so are less likely to vote than the population at large), but it's still not right.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »

What bothers me more is that hundreds of thousands of voters were wrongly purged, and most of them were in strongly Democratic counties.

What was the basis of the purge? 

At some level, it is the voter's responsibility to make sure they are current to vote.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org