A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:18:50 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Major rehab to the pedestrian bridge  (Read 2553 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: June 14, 2007, 06:49:12 am »

Seems an odd time to shut the bridge down for three months to me. I a little confued like the guy in the picture...

http://tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070606_1_A9_hTheP81761
daddys little squirt
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 07:59:34 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Seems an odd time to shut the bridge down for three months to me. I a little confued like the guy in the picture...

The article was a little confusing too. If its the decking on the concrete bridge that needs replaced (even though it just had new pavers installed last summer) why is the RPA doing it? Its a city bridge. If its the r/r ties on the West end approach, well they seem just fine for foot traffic. My guess is they had some money to spend that would disappear if they didn't spend it. The railings are wobbly and need replaced but the rest seems cosmetic at best.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:01:06 am »

without reading the article...
Didn't they just shut the bridge down a year ago for several months to replace the walkway?
Wrinkle
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 09:36:07 am »

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

Didn't they just shut the bridge down a year ago for several months to replace the walkway?

I distinctly remember this being the case as well. Shut down all last summer replacing railroad ties on the deck.

What gives?
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 09:42:51 am »

quote:

I thought so too.  And the timing is absolutely stupid.

daddys little squirt
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:43:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

quote:

I distinctly remember this being the case as well. Shut down all last summer replacing railroad ties on the deck.

What gives?

Not actually ties last summer but decking on the pedestrian bridge. These current repairs are on the approach to the pedestrian bridge including the Riverside Drive concrete overpass.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:49:10 am »

I believe the main part they are working on is the part over riverside drive, not the big bridge itself (other than structural)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org