A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:58:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Bombing  (Read 64102 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2013, 12:45:31 pm »

Homeland Security is your clusterfark here. But then you have that knee jerk thing going on.

So when the suspects were first identified, classmates and friends "unfriended" them and deleted social media group photos of them together out of fear that crazies might see them and target them.
They probably would have not guessed that the FBI would call that "conspiracy to obstruct justice" and start arresting them (including a guy cleaning the dorms  arrested for throwing out fireworks).

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2013, 01:03:10 pm »

So when the suspects were first identified, classmates and friends "unfriended" them and deleted social media group photos of them together out of fear that crazies might see them and target them.
They probably would have not guessed that the FBI would call that "conspiracy to obstruct justice" and start arresting them (including a guy cleaning the dorms  arrested for throwing out fireworks).

Shhhh.  It's all an inside job.  All of these kids were just framed by the cops.   Wink

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:00 pm »

Meanwhile back in reality world. . .

The suspects that patric is referring to as some innocent guys cleaning the dorm room were the two in the middle here.    

They did have a cool bumper sticker on their beemer (that the FBI obviously installed)

The backpack full of fireworks, and other materials was not the primary concern of the FBI.  The laptop belonging to the bombers that they tried to destroy was!  

If a friend of mine commits an act of terror, my first instinct is not to go and tidy up his apartment.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »

A little more insight on what these kids removed.  The FBI already knew about the explosive used in the blasts, because it was a typical IED design (propellent or powder from over the counter fireworks and petroleum jelly).  By themselves those items are moderately dangerous but when put into a steel pressure vessel they become a big bomb.  This is one of the popular recipes in Afganistan and Iraq. The FBI also has records showing that the bombers sent text messages to their buddies, telling them to go to the room and take the items.  They took the laptop, the empty fireworks tubes, a bottle of Vaseline and BBs.  A rather odd rubbish list.  They did not do any windows or clean the toilet.

That's patric's "guy cleaning the dorms  arrested for throwing out fireworks."

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2013, 04:03:35 pm »

A little more insight on what these kids removed.  The FBI already knew about the explosive used in the blasts, because it was a typical IED design (propellent or powder from over the counter fireworks and petroleum jelly).  By themselves those items are moderately dangerous but when put into a steel pressure vessel they become a big bomb.  This is one of the popular recipes in Afganistan and Iraq. The FBI also has records showing that the bombers sent text messages to their buddies, telling them to go to the room and take the items.  They took the laptop, the empty fireworks tubes, a bottle of Vaseline and BBs.  A rather odd rubbish list.  They did not do any windows or clean the toilet.

That's a lot if information gleaned from a one paragraph criminal complaint.  Do we know this didnt take place when two entirely different suspects were still in the cross hairs?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2013, 06:35:00 am »

That's a lot if information gleaned from a one paragraph criminal complaint.  Do we know this didnt take place when two entirely different suspects were still in the cross hairs?

Kos and the various conspiracy sites are likely poor places to get news.  Try CBS, NBC, ABC and the AP.  The complaint is free for you to browse, as most court documents are, and is 15 pages long.   It contains several separate and differing testimonies from the boys taken at different times.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/138932736?access_key=key-1m1l1sa971hdnjhu6o25

As for the construction of the device, we've had weeks of experts on every news network describing how these things are made, however I have a very good friend who served two tours in Iraq and described the process to me. 

As for your second sentence, I'm sure there are quite a few suspects "in the crosshairs," or at least I hope there are.  That is the job of the FBI to investigate, indite, or eliminate suspects.

Let me give you a great resource to help fuel your anti-law-enforcement mania.  Visit www.pacer.com, apply for an account.  You will be charged a few cents for any court documents you download but it's not much.  They typically have everything scanned and filed within 24 hours of submission.  Amaze your friends and family with your inside knowledge of court cases, both local and national.  Thrill your aluminum foil friends with your ability to quell or fuel their fears about hidden agendas and the secret organizations that control their lives.  Knowledge is power, so use it for good.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2013, 09:24:24 am »

Gaspar, don't rely on second hand information around here!  Unless, YOU were actually in Iraq its not a valid statement according to some of our fact checking posters.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2013, 09:49:43 am »

Gaspar, don't rely on second hand information around here!  Unless, YOU were actually in Iraq its not a valid statement according to some of our fact checking posters.

Being in Iraq, in and of itself, is not sufficient.  Specific duty stations and job descriptions would also be required qualifications.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2013, 11:17:22 am »

Being in Iraq, in and of itself, is not sufficient.  Specific duty stations and job descriptions would also be required qualifications.

I assume blood type would also be helpful.   Cheesy

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2013, 11:37:51 am »

I assume blood type would also be helpful.   Cheesy

Depends on how fast you are leaking.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:16 am »

Kos and the various conspiracy sites are likely poor places to get news.  Try CBS, NBC, ABC and the AP.

You got your "terrorista" info from the Daily Mail UK tabloid, so that's the pot calling the kettle black.
The gag tag was a dig from their college friends, which is street slang for a heavy partier.

Thrill your aluminum foil friends with your ability to quell or fuel their fears about hidden agendas and the secret organizations that control their lives.

So it's a conspiracy to be skeptical of a conspiracy claim?

They shot off some fireworks earlier, which usually leaves you with spent tubes.
..and Im sure the first thing that comes to my mind when I find Vaseline in someone's bathroom is 'they make bombs with it'.  Roll Eyes

It's quite a reach to tie all these circumstances into a terrorism conspiracy.  Even if it turns out to be so, the quality of evidence at this point is poor (and not likely to improve if you have to resort to personal attacks to advance your conspiracy theory).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:49:03 am by patric » Logged

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2013, 11:59:15 am »

I suppose that's targeted at me. If you guys are happy with hearsay, and anecdotal evidence then you'll love what I heard from an oil executive who had been in Viet Nam and assured me we were there because we wanted suspected reserves of oil in the Gulf of Tonkin. He told me that he was there and saw evidence of it first hand. I of course am the second source of his story and I have not exaggerated or embellished the story whatsoever. Honest to God. You can trust us. He was there and I have nothing to gain. Its factual and the truth.

onward...through the fog
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »

You got your "terrorista" info from the Daily Mail UK tabloid, so that's the pot calling the kettle black.
The gag tag was a dig from their college friends, which is street slang for a heavy partier.

So it's a conspiracy to be skeptical of a conspiracy claim?

They shot off some fireworks earlier, which usually leaves you with spent tubes.
..and Im sure the first thing that comes to my mind when I find Vaseline in someone's bathroom is 'they make bombs with it'.  Roll Eyes

It's quite a reach to tie all these circumstances into a terrorism conspiracy.  Even if it turns out to be so, the quality of evidence at this point is poor (and not likely to improve if you have to resort to personal attacks to advance your conspiracy theory).

Perhaps I have overstepped my bounds.  If I could, I would like to ask a few questions to clarify your stance on the situation as you currently understand it.  

Do you suspect that the bombing is likely to have been perpetrated by the Tsarnaev brothers?

Do you believe that they confessed as much to man who's car they carjacked, as he has claimed?

Do you have reason to suspect that the three students from Kazakhstan that attempted to despose of the backpack containing empty pyrotechnic devices and the laptop, did so in an effort to hide that evidence from the authorities for any reason?

Do you suspect that there is another person or group behind this act of terrorism with another motive?

JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »

wait... we are arguing wether or not a couple of dorm kids would "out fo the blue" clean up a friends place?  While i do not and did not stay in the dorms when I went to school, I have seen the rooms of kids who have.  And guys are not typically up on the ole 'cleaning'.  And for dang sure I wouldn't go clean the room of a guy i knew was suspected of a bombing unless I had just as much to risk.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2013, 01:45:40 pm »

And for dang sure I wouldn't go clean the room of a guy i knew was suspected of a bombing unless I had just as much to risk.

The FBI didnt show an interest in the dorm room until two days later, so the timetable deserves scrutiny.

Perhaps I have overstepped my bounds.

You are correct.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org