A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 04:13:36 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Bombing  (Read 64135 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »

He doesn't look dead yet in this photo:

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2013, 01:54:04 pm »

He doesn't look dead yet in this photo:

Let me ease your troubled mind.

1. Alex Jones
2. The network moniker, logo, and other information are photo overlaid, not video overlaid and come from different resolution photos. Very poorly done.

3. It was 61 degrees at 2:44am in Boston

This is likely why it has since been removed from Alex Jones' website.

In this day and age, it is very easy to alter a photo, but most people don't know how to do it well.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2013, 02:14:50 pm »

Batman and Spidey are on it.....
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2013, 02:23:30 pm »

That looks more like compression artifacts than photoshop,
But another photo seems to have a discrepancy in the clock (which might just mean it was shown repeatedly):

Reuters has a similar angle:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:36:50 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2013, 02:34:39 pm »

Batman and Spidey are on it.....

Wow, how do you top that?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2013, 07:18:36 pm »

Thankfully, 19-year old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been apprehended and arrested alive.
Hopefully, we can find out why he did what he did...
Of course, if you don't care to find out the why's and would rather just mete out pre-trial justice, then waterboard the kid and pretend to act surprised when his story makes no sense and/or he tells you what you want to hear so you'll stop...

I lived in Boston for a year and a half in the late 1990s.
I'll never forget the great times I had watching New England Revolution games at a Harvard Square bar... and when the local soccer fans found out I grew up in Tulsa, I became instantly accepted.
After all, Joe-Max Moore was the team's leading scorer at the time...

In contrast to my years as a Chicagoan, Boston was undeniably the "biggest small-town" I've ever lived in...
Boston also was the biggest college town I've ever lived in.
Boston IS America.
And I believe Boston will do the right thing.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:58:06 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:23 pm »

Thankfully, 19-year old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been apprehended and arrested alive.
Hopefully, we can find out why  IF he did what he did...

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2013, 07:44:58 pm »

Even if you believe he may be innocent of the actual bombing, you've gotta at least admit that the kid's got a lot of explaining to do...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17823265-we-got-him-boston-bombing-suspect-captured-alive?chromedomain=rockcenter&lite

Tips about the identity of the suspects were still pouring in when the Tsarnaev brothers fatally shot Massachusetts Institute of Technology officer Sean Collier, 26, in his vehicle at 10:20 p.m., law enforcement officials said.

The brothers then carjacked a Mercedes SUV, holding the driver captive for a half-hour while they tried to use his cash card to get money from three ATM's, a source said. At the first, they put in the wrong number; at the second, they took out $800 and at the third, they were told they had exceeded the withdrawal limit, the source said.

The carjacking victim was released unharmed at a gas station in Cambridge, sources said. He told police the brothers said they were the marathon bombers and had just killed a campus officer.

As the duo sped in his car toward Watertown, a police chase ensued and they tossed explosive devices out the window, officials said.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:53:47 pm by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2013, 11:04:01 pm »

Hopefully, we can find out why he did what he did...

The kid may have useful information, and since there's a rumor floating around about two other suspects, his information could be critical.  Maybe Guido could go at him with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

And for all the pixel peepers there's a site called FotoForensics that can show if a photo has been altered. There's probably more powerful software available, but this one is free.  Be sure to read the tutorials.

http://fotoforensics.com/

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »

Gweed is a "situational constitutionalist". (just made it up but it fits doesn't it?)

It does, and some like-minded confederates also think due process and civil rights can selectively be ignored.
As a free country, we have certainly lost something fragile and precious in this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcJPaJt1VoE[/youtube]

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2013, 08:17:36 am »

I hope they water-board the smile outta the surviving piece of trash.....!!!!

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2013, 09:12:28 am »

Why would they not Mirandize him? He is certainly smart enough to know his rights and they had the time and opportunity. This was a crime of the same type as other recent murder sprees except they added bombs to their arsenal.

This whole concept that these are terrorists at war with America instead of murderous criminals that are engaging in terrorist type activities might be a mistake. It indicates to the world that we may indeed shrug off our democratic principles when provoked.  That in turn encourages more heinous acts of murder by real terrorists. We are playing their game.

The terrorist nations take glory in sacrifice for their ideals but if their sacrifices are exposed as nothing more than murder, that is against their religion and principles.

onward...through the fog
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »

This whole concept that these are terrorists at war with America instead of murderous criminals that are engaging in terrorist type activities might be a mistake. It indicates to the world that we may indeed shrug off our democratic principles when provoked.  That in turn encourages more heinous acts of murder by real terrorists. We are playing their game.

The terrorist nations take glory in sacrifice for their ideals but if their sacrifices are exposed as nothing more than murder, that is against their religion and principles.

Why Should I Care That No One’s Reading Dzhokhar Tsarnaev His Miranda Rights?
When the law gets bent out of shape for him, it’s easier to bend out of shape for the rest of us.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/04/dzhokhar_tsarnaev_and_miranda_rights_the_public_safety_exception_and_terrorism.html

Him being unconscious from blood loss was one reason given for not reading Miranda,
but to admit that opens up the can of worms surrounding the boat being shot up in the first place.

Then there is the question of how long they knew he was there after the police chopper spotted his body heat on FLIR.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/20/boston-marathon-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-mirnada-rights
First, the Obama administration has already rolled back Miranda rights for terrorism suspects captured on US soil. It did so two years ago with almost no controversy or even notice, including from many of those who so vocally condemned Graham's Miranda tweets yesterday. In May, 2010, the New York Times' Charlie Savage - under the headline "Holder Backs a Miranda Limit for Terror Suspects" - reported that "the Obama administration said Sunday it would seek a law allowing investigators to interrogate terrorism suspects without informing them of their rights." Instead of going to Congress, the Obama DOJ, in March 2011, simply adopted their own rules that vested themselves with this power, as reported back then by Salon's Justin Elliott ("Obama rolls back Miranda rights"), the Wall Street Journal ("Rights Are Curtailed for Terror Suspects"), the New York Times ("Delayed Miranda Warning Ordered for Terror Suspects"), and myself ("Miranda is Obama's latest victim").

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2013, 01:19:44 pm »

Talk about unintended consequences. With the current Congress being adamantly against anything and everything Obama, they left the door open for him to arbitrarily change policy. Its no lose for the executive branch. Way to go Teapartiers.

I still think we are playing stupid by calling these crimes terrorism, to placate right wing politicians who hope to be reelected on chest thumping. Unless the intent is to exact increased control of our population through irrational fear, which is what the far right is most afraid of anyway.

Call it what radicals most fear....not sacrifice but pre-meditated murder....and they lose their power to persuade losers to throw away their lives for nothing.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2013, 03:55:19 pm »

I hope they water-board the smile outta the surviving piece of trash.....!!!!

Now you are talking. Maybe an amputation without anesthesia, just like this guy got.

Rated PG-13 version.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org