A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 01:34:07 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon Bombing  (Read 64101 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 05:57:07 am »

Where do you draw the line on declaring war?  Are two ten year old kids in your neighborhood declaring war with an M80 in a mailbox?  Do you waterboard them?  No rights for little Bobby, straight to Cuba for him.

I'm not taking sides with any bomber but I have issues with what seems to be a no exceptions view that you have.

Has every malicious explosion been an act of war? 

Anyway, being reported on NBC this morning, one of the suspected Marathon bombers was shot and killed last night.  The other, his brother, is "on the run".

Chechynians, from what I understand from the reports.  Or at least they're from the area near Chechnya.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2013, 06:51:42 am »

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2013, 07:56:32 am »

The video of the suspects is indeed two young white men.

Who cares what race they are!

They are terrorists.  They killed lots of brown, white, and beige people.
From the Salon article "Prey they are white. . ." to NPR's pre-classification, it seems that liberals really want some white terrorists.

Sorry, but most of us don't care. I just want them dead, that's the only classification I am really concerned about.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2013, 08:04:31 am »

They are terrorists.  They killed lots of brown, white, and beige people.
From the Salon article "Prey they are white. . ." to NPR's pre-classification, it seems that liberals really want some white terrorists.

Sorry, but most of us don't care. I just want them dead, that's the only classification I am really concerned about.

Don't for get that Arabs are Caucasian, as are Chechens, so there are already plenty of white terrorists to go around.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 09:11:11 am »

They are terrorists.  They killed lots of brown, white, and beige people.

I guess context is a foreign concept to you. Conan made the remark that a poster was probably wanting the suspects to be angry white men. I noted they were white. Your preconceptions of liberals and NPR holds you in stasis.

onward...through the fog
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2013, 09:12:30 am »

Where do you draw the line on declaring war?  Are two ten year old kids in your neighborhood declaring war with an M80 in a mailbox?  Do you waterboard them?  No rights for little Bobby, straight to Cuba for him.

I'm not taking sides with any bomber but I have issues with what seems to be a no exceptions view that you have.

Has every malicious explosion been an act of war? 

Anyway, being reported on NBC this morning, one of the suspected Marathon bombers was shot and killed last night.  The other, his brother, is "on the run".

Gweed is a "situational constitutionalist". (just made it up but it fits doesn't it?)

onward...through the fog
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2013, 09:38:37 am »

Wow!

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04/boston-bombing-suspect-posted-video-al-qaeda-prophecy-youtube

http://vk.com/id160300242

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2013, 10:13:27 am »

Watching the epic FAIL of comments on the MJ site is unfortunately not surprising.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2013, 10:18:38 am »

Watching the epic FAIL of comments on the MJ site is unfortunately not surprising.

A lot like the TW.

People who troll Mother Jones have soft skulls.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 10:43:35 am »

Check out the Daily Mail in the UK
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2013, 11:42:31 am »

The younger one's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/J_tsar

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2013, 11:55:51 am »

Police scanner in Boston:

http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/#

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2013, 12:01:36 pm »

I get 'error'.  Radioreference.com's feed does the same, but they state it's for the safety of the LEO's working the manhunt.  That's completely understandable.

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2013, 12:13:46 pm »

The younger one's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/J_tsar

I blame soccer.  

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2013, 12:41:20 pm »

I blame soccer.  

Not to blame. Probably only contributed.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org